The Garden 10" picture disc is coming

The Analog Grownup

I'm very happy for those dinosaurs who still own a record player. Otherwise Meh! :sarcastic:

All that I can do is wish you well :)

And I wish you well! Enjoy those ever present scratches at your favorite locations in the songs!

:kisshug:

No scratches on any of my Rush vinyl. If there were I'd buy another copy.

You must not play them much. I don't have to do that with any of my CD's, they hardly scratch at all.

Edited by losingit2k

I'm very happy for those dinosaurs who still own a record player. Otherwise Meh! :sarcastic:

And I wish you well! Enjoy those ever present scratches at your favorite locations in the songs!

You must not play them much. I don't have to do that with any of my CD's, they hardly scratch at all.

I play them pretty frequently, some of them I've had since I got into Rush in the early 80's. They don't have scratches because I look after them properly and own a record cleaning machine. I probably play more vinyl than CD to be honest. Sounds better you know.

Edited by Smegger68

Who even has a record player these days.

A lot of people, actually...many music listeners are now realizing the immense difference between MP3 and raw record sound.

I can't even imagine why anyone would buy an album over iTunes, and for the same cost (and sometimes more) get an album that's so much inferior in sound than a cd, and especially vinyl. :wtf:

I agree. For a few bucks more I'd rather get my physical copy. Although I've never seen the iTunes price higher than the CD cost.

• Like 1

A lot of people, actually...many music listeners are now realizing the immense difference between MP3 and raw record sound.

I can't even imagine why anyone would buy an album over iTunes, and for the same cost (and sometimes more) get an album that's so much inferior in sound than a cd, and especially vinyl. :wtf:

I agree. For a few bucks more I'd rather get my physical copy. Although I've never seen the iTunes price higher than the CD cost.

Usually when a cd is released in Denmark it will cost around $27 to $29. Vapor Trails Remixed costs only $10. Vinyl is going from $36 to $54 and they hold their price. After a month or two many new cd's can be bought for around $10 or sometimes even less.

I just checked my iTunes store to make a comparison.

iTunes CD store

Clockwork Angels $15.46 $10.91

Vapor Trails Remixed $15.46 $10.91

Grace Under Pressure $11.64 $8.91

Hemispheres $16.19 $8.91

Signals $12.37 $8.91

2112 $16.19 $8.91

ATWAS $16.19 $8.91

Caress of Steel $16.19 $8.91

Counterparts $14.37 $12.73

Exit Stage Left $16.19 $8.91

A Farewell To Kings $16.19 $8.91

Hold Your Fire $16.19 $8.91

Moving Pictures $11.64 $8.91

Permanent Waves $9.46 $9.09

Power Windows $11.64 $9.09

Presto $14.37 $12.73

Roll The Bones $14.37 $9.09

A Show Of Hands $16.19 $8.91

Snakes & Arrows $14.37 $29.10

Test For Echo $14.37 $12.73

Rush $12.37 $9.09

Fly By Night $11.64 $9.09

Total: = $313,05 = $232.57

And then you can even rip your cd's to better quality than 320kbps mp3's.

• Like 1

I do! :hi:

I do, too. But I have to say, I haven't bought a 10" picture disc of anything since the mid 1990s! I didn't know that they were still being marketed. i have loved the resurgence of the popularity of vinyl, but the 10" picture disc I thought was purely a thing of the past. I'll definitely look for The Garden.

I play them pretty frequently, some of them I've had since I got into Rush in the early 80's. They don't have scratches because I look after them properly and own a record cleaning machine. I probably play more vinyl than CD to be honest. Sounds better you know.

I still have all of my albums from 35 plus years ago. I think around 350 if I recall. I would never consider parting with them. So many great memories there. My son revived my old turntable and Onkyo receiver and he listens to my albums from time to time. My first album I ever purchased (All The Worlds A Stage) is one of my most prized possessions. Scratches and all.
  • Like 1

Usually when a cd is released in Denmark it will cost around $27 to $29. Vapor Trails Remixed costs only $10. Vinyl is going from $36 to $54 and they hold their price. After a month or two many new cd's can be bought for around $10 or sometimes even less.

iTunes CD store

Hemispheres $16.19 $8.91

Signals $12.37 $8.91

2112 $16.19 $8.91

ATWAS $16.19 $8.91

Presto $14.37 $12.73

Rush $12.37 $9.09

Oh that's why. Over here all CDs are a consistent $12.

• Like 1

iTunes CD store

Hemispheres $16.19 $8.91

Signals $12.37 $8.91

2112 $16.19 $8.91

ATWAS $16.19 $8.91

Presto $14.37 $12.73

Rush $12.37 $9.09

Even then it would be cheaper and better than iTunes. How is vinyl records priced?

If you like Pops and hisses, than yeah Vinyl is the way to go! More power to ya! :crazy:

Edited by losingit2k

iTunes CD store

Hemispheres $16.19 $8.91

Signals $12.37 $8.91

2112 $16.19 $8.91

ATWAS $16.19 $8.91

Presto $14.37 $12.73

Rush $12.37 $9.09

Even then it would be cheaper and better than iTunes. How is vinyl records priced?

Well, iTunes are $9-$15 depending on how overrated popular the band is. For 2CD album releases the price goes up to $20 (iTunes tends to match it). Most digital albums end up as 12.

I'm not sure about the normal price of vinyl, but I got the CA and VT remix for $25 apiece from amazon.

Clockwork Angels on Vinyl is miles better than the "pristine" CD version.

Yes, I have to be more careful about how i treat my Vinyl than how one would treat a CD, but thaen again I grew up on vinyl so it's no biggie. Muscle-memory pretty much takes care that, I don't even need to think twice.

Of course if you're one of those people to whom things like the original vapor trails or death magnetic "sound fine to me" then vinyl is lost on you anyway.

• Like 1

Clockwork Angels on Vinyl is miles better than the "pristine" CD version.

Yes, I have to be more careful about how i treat my Vinyl than how one would treat a CD, but thaen again I grew up on vinyl so it's no biggie. Muscle-memory pretty much takes care that, I don't even need to think twice.

Of course if you're one of those people to whom things like the original vapor trails or death magnetic "sound fine to me" then vinyl is lost on you anyway.

And even then a vinyl record is far more durable than a cd. Just a little scratch on a cd can render it useless but a vinyl record can stand some abuse and still be playable. Albeit with added noise. One great advantage to vinyl is the dynamic range of the music that is better than on cd's, so that too makes for a greater listening experience.

And I love the smell of vinyl in the morning! :musicnote: :smoke:

• Like 1

If you like Pops and hisses, than yeah Vinyl is the way to go! More power to ya! :crazy:

Once the music plays you won't hear it, and the harmonic richness is unsurpassed by anything else. It's the closest to actually being with the band in the studio ;) You should try it :D

• Like 1

Wait till your CD's are 20+ years old. I have some from the late 80's and they lost so much information, that you can't play them at all. CD's suck.

• Like 1

Wait till your CD's are 20+ years old. I have some from the late 80's and they lost so much information, that you can't play them at all. CD's suck.

Great point. CD's do not last forever, contrary to what was originally advertised in the 80's. They will rot, some sooner than later. Your children and your children's children will still be able to play all your vinyl records after they're forced to throw out all your rotted cd's.

• Like 1

Once the music plays you won't hear it, and the harmonic richness is unsurpassed by anything else. It's the closest to actually being with the band in the studio ;) You should try it :D

I had a huge vinyl collection and sold it all once HYF came out on CD. I'm Not looking back sorry! Oh HYF my first CD from back in 1987, Nearly 26 years ago, still sounds great, no pops, no hisses and guess what? Miraculously it hasn't rotted and I live in hot and steamy South Florida. :sundog:

Edited by losingit2k

You Vinyl enthusiast might need this link:

You might need this link:

Hair dryers! Not just for drying hair anymore: I don't remember having to do this with my cds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6eKoDPLA0 I just love the pops and hissing, can't get enough of that no!

Nice.. your point is you can fix records if they warp but you can't fix cd's when they rot? :LOL:

• Like 1

Hair dryers! Not just for drying hair anymore: I don't remember having to do this with my cds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6eKoDPLA0 I just love the pops and hissing, can't get enough of that no!

Perhaps you don't possess the deft touch required to keep your vinyl clean and healthy, nor the sophistication/acuity to recognize it's audible superiority. I'm here to help. Some things are worth the extra effort. This is sad commentary that, frankly, should be below you. (judging from your generally positive postings)

Treat your vinyl like a lady and you'll benefit greatly from the warmth, tone, and superior groove. Keep her well protected, (a nice jacket is always a good thing), use a gentle touch when placing her on the spindle, make sure your stylus gently penetrates the groove, then turn her on and pump it up! And once you are finished, no matter how intense the session gets, treat her with great respect and a delicate touch before placing her back on the shelf... and she will treat you right year in and out! :mwah: :hotdog: :heart:

• Like 2