Post a useless fact

Khan

Contrary to what most have been told as kids, bowling IS a sport. 43 million people go bowling at least once every year, thus making it the most popular sport in participation.

I have bowled in leagues my entire life. I started when I could only throw the ball with 2 hands between my legs. I bowled pretty competitively up until my recent hand surgery. I would consider bowling more of a game than a sport......... :codger:

Definitions.........

Game: a form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength or luck and you can drink lot's of beer in the process of playing.......

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment and it is not recommended that beer be consumed during said competition............

My family had a long history with bowling. I was a bowler myself (and knew a lot of useless bowling factoids) up until I turned 18. It's a pretty strange sequence of events but believe it or not, if it wasn't for bowling, I wouldn't be a :rush: fan today. My grandfather had a bunch of old bowling tapes and I would sporadically look though them out of curiosity of how old they were, and one day in 8th grade I played one of them and there was some sort of montage to commemorate the 36th year of bowling being televised on ABC and the music that was playing was Rush (the song used was Where's My Thing? so that tape had to be after 1991). I had thought the song was catchy as f**k but was gutted that I didn't know the name of the song. And it wasn't I stumbled upon a video of that same montage on YouTube a few days later that I then found out that it was Rush so thinking that the song was an instrumental I checked out every instrumental they had before I found the one played in the montage and the rest is history. Pretty useless fact about myself but it's true.

I used to bowl 5 pin for 3 years and I witnessed a perfect game once.

Contrary to what most have been told as kids, bowling IS a sport. 43 million people go bowling at least once every year, thus making it the most popular sport in participation.

I have bowled in leagues my entire life. I started when I could only throw the ball with 2 hands between my legs. I bowled pretty competitively up until my recent hand surgery. I would consider bowling more of a game than a sport......... :codger:

Definitions.........

Game: a form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength or luck and you can drink lot's of beer in the process of playing.......

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment and it is not recommended that beer be consumed during said competition............

My family had a long history with bowling. I was a bowler myself (and knew a lot of useless bowling factoids) up until I turned 18. It's a pretty strange sequence of events but believe it or not, if it wasn't for bowling, I wouldn't be a :rush: fan today. My grandfather had a bunch of old bowling tapes and I would sporadically look though them out of curiosity of how old they were, and one day in 8th grade I played one of them and there was some sort of montage to commemorate the 36th year of bowling being televised on ABC and the music that was playing was Rush (the song used was Where's My Thing? so that tape had to be after 1991). I had thought the song was catchy as f**k but was gutted that I didn't know the name of the song. And it wasn't I stumbled upon a video of that same montage on YouTube a few days later that I then found out that it was Rush so thinking that the song was an instrumental I checked out every instrumental they had before I found the one played in the montage and the rest is history. Pretty useless fact about myself but it's true.

5 pin! So Canadian!

Definitions.........

You're not suggesting that curling isn't a sport, are you? :tsk:

Kangaroos cannot put one leg in front of the other. They both only move together.

except when they are swimming (they are good swimmers) . Then they kick each leg independently. :yes:

• Like 1

Kangaroos cannot put one leg in front of the other. They both only move together.

except when they are swimming (they are good swimmers) . Then they kick each leg independently. :yes:

That is interesting.

How about this one? Most parrots are left footed. (True fact)

Definitions.........

I have had 3 perfect games but those days are sadly over due to my right hand surgery...... :(

Definitions.........

I have had 3 perfect games but those days are sadly over due to my right hand surgery...... :(

I bowled ten-pin (but I'd love to try duckpin, candlepin and Canadian 5 pin someday) and the last year I bowled, it was a high school tournament and I had my only chance at a perfect game (no one in my family up to that point ever had a chance at it) and I choked big time and bowled 298. I got more noteriety in my high school class for being the guy who didn't get 300 than I would if I did bowled 300.

• Like 1

Definitions.........

I bowled ten-pin (but I'd love to try duckpin, candlepin and Canadian 5 pin someday) and the last year I bowled, it was a high school tournament and I had my only chance at a perfect game (no one in my family up to that point ever had a chance at it) and I choked big time and bowled 298. I got more noteriety in my high school class for being the guy who didn't get 300 than I would if I did bowled 300.

I was raised on duckpin in the Washington DC area. When I was young it was all over that area and Northern VA. When I got into my early adulthood I got about as good as I was ever going to be at it and moved on to tenpin. By that time duckpin was starting to die away in that area of the country anyway. When I moved to Myrtle Beach SC, I got into tenpin seriously and got good at it. There was only one thing (goal) I did not do in tenpin that I wish I had. I wanted to bowl an 800 series and never did. 782 is the highest series I ever bowled. The three 300 games were nice, but I would trade one of them for an 800 series any day. For really accomplished bowlers those 2 numbers are the benchmarks............ :codger:

I got bored a few weeks back and cut off my pubes coz I pull them out when I get nervous, and I'm trying to phase that out. Then I got a rash.

Who wants to shake my hand?

I got bored a few weeks back and cut off my pubes coz I pull them out when I get nervous, and I'm trying to phase that out. Then I got a rash.

Who wants to shake my hand?

I thought biting my nails was a bad habit................ :scared: :outtahere:
  • Like 2

This is me joining the gym:

Gym instructor: "This is the room where we focus on indoor cycling."

Me: "Oh, ok. I find it really difficult to turn corners on my bike, so can I still do it?"

Yup.

I own every Beyoncé album. Her debut is a masterpiece. Her latest is an underrated gem