New post tour entry from Neil!

Puppyloo

Goob, as per your previous requests, you can read this one. Neil talks about, like, Rush and stuff. And the Rush stuff is in the beginning, so you won't have to look too hard for it. Clearly, Neil wrote this one for YOU.

ok, so i've tried twice now. i love so many of his lyrics, but as a writer i find him so soul crushingly f*cking boring that i find myself drifting off after a couple of sentences. can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news? :huh: :unsure:

Oxymoron - ic

And no, you're a seemingly grown man read the f***ing thing yourself.

yeah mullet clarified it, should have said his prose writing, but i figured people would get what i meant.

as for the synopsis i was looking for, ha&s was kind enough to give it to me: "Um, they had a great time. They may do it again. They bowled. Neil rode his bike. A lot. End of." that was all i needed. i guess next time i won't expect you to be the one to help. :P

you seem angry for some reason. :huh:

In the time it took you to read and respond to all these posts over the past couple of days, you could have read the beginning part of Neil's blog which contained the Rush-related stuff (which I so helpfully pointed out for you) and formed your own opinions. That would be too easy though. right?

Gives me hope to see Neil smile and let his hair down a bit more, even though he wouldn't even give me a friendly biker nod back in 2010. Left me in the dust that beautiful fall day! Good thing my Hayabusa was taking a nap :)

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/9papaya/Hayabusa2010.jpg

Is that why you are so bitter? You think that sucked, try taking your $50.00 a year I (heart) Geddy license plate to two shows, sit in the first four rows, and have Geddy just look at you like "honey, please." while you watch him smile and laugh at the signs your friends a few rows over are holding.

Yeah, do that and tell me you don't feel like your heart has been ripped out, thrown on the ground, and stomped over-and-over by a cheap pair of Converse.

I am a guy and I had Geddy wink at me once(front row seats) because I was wearing a Montreal Expos cap. I didn't want the wink but it was cool he acknowledged me. If I could give you my wink from Ged I would:) Sometimes I think it's better if we don't have interaction with our idols. I would have killed to meet Neil back in the day but I probably would have been doomed to disappointment if I did. Was you just holding up the plate or were you yelling stuff at Ged as well?

I didn't say anything until he came over and he wasn't seeing it so I was like "Geddy! Geddy!" because I really wanted him to see it. But otherwise I don't yell things at musicians when I am at shows lol.

At first his comment shocked me and I thought that he was talking about rush but after I read it a few times it sounds like he's talking purely about the Orchestra. Probably a clear indicator that they wont have a new one. However I will call out the curse of orchestra's. Seems like every band that uses one disbands after (ex GnR)

Metallica, Deep Purple and KISS are all still together.

Goob, as per your previous requests, you can read this one. Neil talks about, like, Rush and stuff. And the Rush stuff is in the beginning, so you won't have to look too hard for it. Clearly, Neil wrote this one for YOU.

ok, so i've tried twice now. i love so many of his lyrics, but as a writer i find him so soul crushingly f*cking boring that i find myself drifting off after a couple of sentences. can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news? :huh: :unsure:

Oxymoron - ic

yeah mullet clarified it, should have said his prose writing, but i figured people would get what i meant.

as for the synopsis i was looking for, ha&s was kind enough to give it to me: "Um, they had a great time. They may do it again. They bowled. Neil rode his bike. A lot. End of." that was all i needed. i guess next time i won't expect you to be the one to help. :P

In the time it took you to read and respond to all these posts over the past couple of days, you could have read the beginning part of Neil's blog which contained the Rush-related stuff (which I so helpfully pointed out for you) and formed your own opinions. That would be too easy though. right?

no, it would have been much harder. seriously - soul-crushingly f*cking boring. :yes:

• Like 1

Oxymoron - ic

It's not that it would be too easy, it's just that it wouldn't be as much fun because it wouldn't get him any attention! :LOL:

• Like 2

"A couple of police SUVs with flashing lights approached, and I pulled to the side. A hefty sheriff with a smoke-yellowed mustache asked me where we were coming from. I explained as best I could, with much pointing in different directions.

He got all gruff with me."

See, this is when he's gotta' start taking out the "Do you know who I am, I'm NEIL f*ckin' PEART!"(-tm) card.

Edited by Del_Duio

I found this part interesting...

"...These days some historic stages like Red Rocks in Colorado and the legendary Hollywood Bowl can no longer fit our show. (A touching sign I saw held up in the arena audience in Denver, “I’m Pretending I’m at Red Rocks.”) Maybe sometime we’ll bring a smaller one. (Doubt it—“Can’t stop thinking big” and all that.)"

Does this mean I'll never get a chance to see Rush at Red Rocks? Bummer…

Wow, this is a MAJOR bummer. I had hoped on this leg of the CA tour or the next tour that I would be able to schedule a vacation around it and ride my motorcycle to Colorado to see the guys at that venue.

Awesome, awesome book. Neil seems to be a very sensitive guy. What he doesn't say in his lyrics, he says in his books. I've always found it fascinating that the most reclusive of the guys is the most open and revealing in print. Apparently that's the way he feels comfortable expressing himself. I can't ever see Geddy writing out his experiences like this. To me, he seems the most stolid of the three.

I agree about Neil—he's very much an introvert as he is so uncomfortable with the in-person interactions, but can be very open and revealing in print. He's really the only one of the three who has said more than a few words about his personal life; he just says it in his own forum, and not in interviews.

I was surprised to read that Neil cries so easily.

Really? After what he's been through.

Yes. Really.

That's weird.

Why? I don't know many men that cry easily. And I have known men that went through worse than Neil.

In my experience, people who go through these awful events more easily empathize with, and cry about, the misfortunes of others. It is shocking that people wouldn't recognize that as a (not the only, but a) natural reaction and would be "surprised" by it.

I kind of feel that we know Neil better than the other two because of his books, even though they're much more outgoing socially. Personally I love the casual travelogues. I get to see places I will probably never see IRL just through his words.

It would be fascinating to see journals from Geddy and Alex but I doubt Alex could write a serious entry if his life depended on it. :D

Oxymoron - ic

It's not that it would be too easy, it's just that it wouldn't be as much fun because it wouldn't get him any attention! :LOL:

:LOL:

I don't MIND the attention, but I also sincerely don't enjoy reading his blogs. I just want to know important info like plans for a new album, continuing to tour or not, etc. I don't want to know what cactus he passed by on his motorcycle.