Word of caution....

Lost In Xanadu

When washing laundry, check your pockets!!

My wife left a gel pen in one of her pockets and my daughter left a tube of chapstick in hers.

3 Rush shirts pretty much ruined...... so sad.

Just like the time I had to return a pair of pants... waited for the subway, it never came so I took a shortcut thru the tunnel, slipped and fell in the mud. Ruining the very pants I was about to return.

• Like 1

I always always check pockets LOL growing up as "the family member who always did everyone's laundry", that's just 2nd nature to me now lol.

finding money is pretty awesome!! haha

My wife left a gel pen in one of her pockets and my daughter left a tube of chapstick in hers.

Just like the time I had to return a pair of pants... waited for the subway, it never came so I took a shortcut thru the tunnel, slipped and fell in the mud. Ruining the very pants I was about to return.

That really sucks, man. Sorry to hear it. :(

One of my college friends (and fellow Steven Wilson fan) got like ten band shirts stolen out of a washer in one of the laundromats around campus. He was super pissed, needless to say.

Band shirts are important! So many memories. :7up:

Wasn't that Kramer on Seinfeld?

• Like 1

Cosmo Kramer: I was returning some pants. I took a short cut in a subway tunnel and fell in some mud, ruining my pants. The very pants I was returning.

Elaine: I don't understand - you were wearing the pants you were returning?

Cosmo Kramer: Well, I guess I was.

Elaine: What were you going to wear home?

Cosmo Kramer: Elaine, are you listening? I never even got there.

• Like 1

You must be a young one Lost. You'll make it a habit to check now.

Funny thing is - I do check, I have been doing the house laundry for 15 years. My wife had a little side pocket on her scrubs I didn't see, and my daughter left her chapstick in a sweatshirt pocket.... just happened to not feel these when loading the laundry.

• Like 1

You're a hardcore fan so you can still wear them. Even if you had them on while crawling through raw sewage like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank you should still wear them!!!! It's your duty!
  • Like 2

You're a hardcore fan so you can still wear them. Even if you had them on while crawling through raw sewage like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank you should still wear them!!!! It's your duty!

I actually shredded a T4E concert T at the show in Charlotte. Me and a friend walked from a bar to the show, saw the show, got shirts and in our drunken brilliance, thought a shortcut was in order. "The bar is just on the other side of those trees" I said... but there were thorny bushes under those trees. The shirt I was wearing got torn up pretty good.

I'm sorry for your loss.. :rose:

One of my college friends (and fellow Steven Wilson fan) got like ten band shirts stolen out of a washer in one of the laundromats around campus. He was super pissed, needless to say.

Dude.....I don't blame him.....it physically hurts.

I had nearly 100 rock shirts in high school- between my brother and mom, they were all either stolen or ruined.

My brother would borrow my coolest rock shirts because he wanted to wear it. He's much bigger than me and stretched them out every freaking time.

Then, he went through a really weird phase and for some unknown reason, he would clean up our cats' hair balls or dogs' crap with MY SHIRTS. One time I came home from school to find my favorite AC/DC shirt in the trash- a few days before, it was my Rocky Horror Picture Show shirt- and I was in tears.

My mom used to steal them either for herself, or give them to her boyfriends.

Dude.....I don't blame him.....it physically hurts.

I had nearly 100 rock shirts in high school- between my brother and mom, they were all either stolen or ruined.

My brother would borrow my coolest rock shirts because he wanted to wear it. He's much bigger than me and stretched them out every freaking time.

Then, he went through a really weird phase and for some unknown reason, he would clean up our cats' hair balls or dogs' crap with MY SHIRTS. One time I came home from school to find my favorite AC/DC shirt in the trash- a few days before, it was my Rocky Horror Picture Show shirt- and I was in tears.

My mom used to steal them either for herself, or give them to her boyfriends.

Boy, this needs to be included in the "what pissed you off" thread...Geez... :smash:

hahaha but it happened years ago, so I can't say it pissed me off today lol.

All 17 of my AC/DC shirts....every last one....gone...

but fear not- one day I took his favorite Led Zeppelin shirt& smashed it around in the litter box.

He never touched my shirts again.

:)

• Like 1

Update if anyone cares...

I got some solvent for the ink, tried to paint it on where the ink was as not to ruin the graphics. Washed.... then soaked in dawn dish soap to help break up the grease in the chapstick. 95% of the ink is gone, but you can still see faint spots where the chapstick melted into the shirts. Hopefully those will fade with time.

They are wearable, just not country club ready at the moment.

• Like 1

Update if anyone cares...

I got some solvent for the ink, tried to paint it on where the ink was as not to ruin the graphics. Washed.... then soaked in dawn dish soap to help break up the grease in the chapstick. 95% of the ink is gone, but you can still see faint spots where the chapstick melted into the shirts. Hopefully those will fade with time.

They are wearable, just not country club ready at the moment.

Think about this: today I was doing laundry and right before I stuck my jeans in I checked the back pocket (BECAUSE I was at this thread RIGHT BEFORE) and found a ¥10,000 bill (about $100). I forgot it was there. Not sure if it would've been okay in the wash but I'm damn glad I found it first
  • Like 3