The 90´s - Lost Decade?

Rod in Toronto

I don't really love this album, but disc 3 looks interesting. I wish all deluxe, remastered, whatever editions had a live set from the tour supporting that album as their second disc. The alternate takes etc. are interesting when I first get the album, but to be honest I seldom listen to them after the initial enthusiasm wears off.

I loved the '90's. It wasn't lost at all.

REM became huge.

Good grunge rose to the top, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees...

The Black Album. Yeah, the f***ing Black Album. It rocked. I don't care how far removed from Ride The Lightning it is. It rocked.

Yup, CT, I loved shoegazing too, Ride, Curve, MBV, Slowdive. Fabulous.

The rebirth of Bob Mould with Sugar.

Evan Dando, Juliana Hatfield, Belly, Teenage Fanclub, The Wonder Stuffand all the other jangly popsters.

Faith No More.

Blur.

:goodone:

Great stuff there Hatchet. :haz:

The 90s were a great decade for music. Especially the first half. Some of my favorites from the decade:

Bob Mould/Sugar

The Afghan Whigs (Check out Gentleman, and prepare to be amazed)

Catherine Wheel (their first two CDs, Ferment and Chrome, are simply amazing)

Swervedriver

Bad Religion

Dramarama

Fugazi

Grant Lee Buffalo

Helmet (Meantime is brilliant)

Hum

Live

Matthew Sweet

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Nine Inch Nails

Jawbox

PJ Harvey

Rage Against The Machine

Social Distortion

Sonic Youth

Stabbing Westward

Sunny Day Real Estate

Tool

• Like 1

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

The 90s were absolutely wonderful for experimentation. So many great recordings popped out of that wonderful decade.

Kitchens of Distinction are a criminally underrated band. Here is my favorite song from them. :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fTcjpZ8Fto

You're in luck. A new Kitchens of Distinction album is coming out next month titled "Folly". It's the first new album since 1994's "Cowboys and Aliens". :D

For me the 90's were Stone Temple Pilots. They produced a lot of great tunes !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKUkRgzCL44

Alice In Chains music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LT1UUKA3cM

I went to every OzzFest in the 90's too and saw a lot of heavy bands on the second stage... Static-X and Fear Factory comes to mind.

R.E.M. made some great music as well.

Edited by custom55

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

The 90s were absolutely wonderful for experimentation. So many great recordings popped out of that wonderful decade.

are you having a stroke?

Oh, Ozzy's best solo effort came in 1991. :finbar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOPs7ByRNc0

Better than Blizzard and/or Diary? Why do you like that album better than either or both of his first two? I'm an Ozzy fan myself, so I'd be interested in hearing your rationale.

More of an affront to randy than Ozzy. First two are the best.

• Like 1

Better than Blizzard and/or Diary? Why do you like that album better than either or both of his first two? I'm an Ozzy fan myself, so I'd be interested in hearing your rationale.

I never listened to Ozzy in the 80's. Not sure why but I didn't. When No More Tears came out I gave Ozzy and try and loved it and played it over and over. After that I went back to his earlier music and gave it a try and it didn't hit me like No More Tears. Don't get me wrong, his earlier music is great but I like No More Tears better.

I'm a Black Sabbath Ozzy fan, not a solo Ozzy fan.

Oh, Ozzy's best solo effort came in 1991. :finbar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOPs7ByRNc0
I never listened to Ozzy in the 80's. Not sure why but I didn't. When No More Tears came out I gave Ozzy and try and loved it and played it over and over. After that I went back to his earlier music and gave it a try and it didn't hit me like No More Tears. Don't get me wrong, his earlier music is great but I like No More Tears better. I'm a Black Sabbath Ozzy fan, not a solo Ozzy fan.

:o

I love Ozzy´s albums from the 80´s, but only when No More Tears came out I started listening to his records with more attention. Also, I really liked an EP he put out called Just Say Ozzy, with the late Randy Castillo on drums.

I never listened to Ozzy in the 80's. Not sure why but I didn't. When No More Tears came out I gave Ozzy and try and loved it and played it over and over. After that I went back to his earlier music and gave it a try and it didn't hit me like No More Tears. Don't get me wrong, his earlier music is great but I like No More Tears better.

I'm a Black Sabbath Ozzy fan, not a solo Ozzy fan.

I'm an Ozzy era fan too. I can find something I like about all the Ozzy era albums, even Technical Ecstasy. But Blizzard and Diary rank up there with all of it, IMO.

I like No More Tears too, but I might give it a spin once a year.

Afghan Whigs. Black Love. Great Album.

:yes: Black Love and Gentleman are not to be missed. :haz:

Gentleman is excellent as well! Great band.