Check this out! CA DVD trailer..

MMCXII

Every time I see this trailer, I hope and pray the editing is better on the actual DVD.

I have to assume that's "trailer editing" we're seeing. As birdsong said, they're trying to cram a lot of info into a couple of minutes. I think the boys learned their lesson about overediting after the nearly unwatchable Rush In Rio DVD. The editing on the Time Machine disc was particularly good.

:LOL: "This is a trailer" is a terrible excuse for bad editing! If anything, a trailer wants to put the best foot forward, not look like some slapdash thing thrown together by someone who just barely knows how to use iMovie.

I agree that the Time Machine DVD was very good, as, for the most part, was Snakes And Arrows, but this video was done by a different company. And actually, the reason I'm worried is slightly less because of the trailer, and slightly more because I heard an interview with the head guy from the production company that did the DVD, and along with not seeming to really know what he was talking about, he also enthusiastically endorsed that trailer as if it was actually good. We'll see. At least the audio mix sounds good, that's really the most important thing.

Every time I see this trailer, I hope and pray the editing is better on the actual DVD.

I have to assume that's "trailer editing" we're seeing. As birdsong said, they're trying to cram a lot of info into a couple of minutes. I think the boys learned their lesson about overediting after the nearly unwatchable Rush In Rio DVD. The editing on the Time Machine disc was particularly good.

:LOL: "This is a trailer" is a terrible excuse for bad editing! If anything, a trailer wants to put the best foot forward, not look like some slapdash thing thrown together by someone who just barely knows how to use iMovie.

Well, I agree. Unfortunately, most trailers these days -- for movies, concert videos, whatever -- are edited that way. Short attention span editing is annoying, but it seems we're stuck with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OswYwv5ga58

Similar trailer style, yet had a few longer scenes

I listen to the Time Machine Live album almost daily, I love the setlist. But man oh man, it sucks that Geddy had to have a cold on THAT day. His voice is just brutal on some of those songs, especially ones like Time Stand Still and Closer to the Heart. Closer is damn-near unlistenable, which was very sad.

The drums were also recorded pretty lousy on that album, which was a bummer. I still love it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OswYwv5ga58

Similar trailer style, yet had a few longer scenes

Yes, that trailer accomplishes more-or-less the same thing in half the time and with less risk of inducing seizures.

Edited by GeddysMullet

Well, I agree. Unfortunately, most trailers these days -- for movies, concert videos, whatever -- are edited that way. Short attention span editing is annoying, but it seems we're stuck with it.

ya and another thing that bugs me is all the overhead shots of Neil during the actual video! gets old fast. you can't really see his hands moving except from drum to drum it's weird..

although I wouldn't mind seeing an overhead view of a stick toss where the stick comes close to the camera and then see him catch it. that would even be a cool trailer shot!

on another note 1001001, that hockey clip in your sig, I swear I could watch that all damn day! HILARIOUS!!! lol

And another thing... I wish there were no close ups of fans jamming to the music. I want to see the band, not the fans. I know the crowd is part of it, but nothing makes me cringe like seeing someone having an orgasm over the music. Just film the large crowd monster and leave it at that please.

They must include the Body Electric.

I went three times and crossed my fingers and got no Body Electric. I demand justice. :madra:

I went three times and crossed my fingers and got no Body Electric. I demand justice. :madra:

Was it Misdletown-Middletown-Limelight or Limelight-Limelight-Middletown?

They played it at the Dallas show and like some people had already mentioned here, the Dallas show is apparently going to be the "main" set they'll use for DVD so you'll get your wish!