Working out

My sinuses are really problematic at this point. Went the gym but only did 30 minutes on the treadmill. The predictions were correct regarding the business of the gym. I had to wait for a treadmill for the first time ever....

By February it will have mostly cleared out.

So I hear...

I would strongly recommend abandoning the gym and getting an active job. I've lost some inches around my waist and gained a lot of muscle since switching jobs- it's a 10 hour workout that I get paid for! Trouble is, I need a whole new wardrobe, and my work trousers keep falling down... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I would strongly recommend abandoning the gym and getting an active job. I've lost some inches around my waist and gained a lot of muscle since switching jobs- it's a 10 hour workout that I get paid for! Trouble is, I need a whole new wardrobe, and my work trousers keep falling down... :LOL:

Pics of the last part? :) :huh:
  • Like 1

Has anyone ever tried an ARC trainer at the gym? It's cross country skiing combined with stairs... I punished myself this morning at the gym with the beast!

I have tried the elliptical and that one. I don't like either one. It seems very uncomfortable for me and I don't know why. I see people going to town on those things. I would just prefer to lift lightly and walk/run. Maybe someday I will get to know those machines again....

I burn many more calories using the stairs or the ARC trainer than using the treadmill (which I have speed limitations)... but bottom line, whatever works the best to get results!

I wouldn't trust those calorie counters on the equipment. You burn more calories running than those things would indicate. Running beats an eliptical/arc trainer/stair stepper any day of the week.

Now running steps? That's some heavy shit that I recommend especially if you have joint issues. I run steps all the time.

Good to hear cause I hate the feel of those freak'in machines. They put me in weird posture and positions. I have no issues with my legs, knees etc. so running works for me... :)

I feel so uncoordinated on the elliptical machines. I don't like my arms and legs swooping wildly. I'm sure I look as odd as I feel! I much prefer running.

My sinuses are really problematic at this point. Went the gym but only did 30 minutes on the treadmill. The predictions were correct regarding the business of the gym. I had to wait for a treadmill for the first time ever....

So I hear...

Yep. January is always packed. It's the worst month to hit the gym. But the other 11 are great!

For your sinuses, Narpet, do you take anything? I've found that Zyrtac-D works great.

Staying active, even when not at the gym is a great way to keep your metabolism up. (I say this as I'm sitting down!) I am quite active though usually around the house. Certainly when the boys are home. These rugrats keep me moving.

Pics of the last part? :) :huh:

Haha, I'm sure I look really glamorous with baggy trousers, steel toecap boots and all the PPE I need to wear! :scared: :LOL:

]I feel so uncoordinated on the elliptical machines. I don't like my arms and legs swooping wildly. I'm sure I look as odd as I feel! I much prefer running.

That's what always bothered me about gyms, I'm not very graceful and always end up covered in bruises from bashing into things!

So I hear...

Yep. January is always packed. It's the worst month to hit the gym. But the other 11 are great!

For your sinuses, Narpet, do you take anything? I've found that Zyrtac-D works great.

I am on antibiotics now and am going to an ENT in 2 weeks........

So I hear...

:( Poor Narpet! I hope it clears up soon. *Hugs*

So I hear...

:( Poor Narpet! I hope it clears up soon. *Hugs*

Its been a longtime issue and I am finally just sick of it... Thanks :)

Picked up some boxing gloves and a heavy bag today, looking to mix things up. I'm really jazzed about it!

(cue "Gonna Fly Now")

Oh man, it's impossible for me to hear that song and not immediately start doing some one-armed pushups.

• Like 1

Picked up some boxing gloves and a heavy bag today, looking to mix things up. I'm really jazzed about it!

(cue "Gonna Fly Now")

I love bag work.

Just finished my first workout...with my son. I loved it...he dug it.

Did 4 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning. This was a short term goal and I got it. Was really hot in there today. The weather is mild here today and regulating the temp indoors can be tricky on a day like today... Sweat city.. :)
  • Like 1

Great workout again this morning. Damn its hot in there when it's mild outside. Sweating, running, hot ladies, oh it was beautiful !! :)

My gym was playing terrible music today... couldn't stand it. I don't work out well wearing my IPOD either, so I don't bring it.

I have learned to just block it out. I too do not like wearing a headset and my gym plays horrendous music.

I can't imagine only listening to the gym music. Yuck. Good workout this morning. They must have adjusted the temp in their since yesterday. Worked just as hard but wasn't a sweat factory today.... :)

(cue "Gonna Fly Now")

I love bag work.

Just finished my first workout...with my son. I loved it...he dug it.

Another great work out with the lad today. Enjoying the time with him...and the idea that he'll have skills to defend himself if he ever needs to.
  • Like 1

A crowded gym again this morning. Many people = many ladies. My son is going with me from time to time. He is working towards either trying to play football or basketball for Coastal Carolina U next year. He is a large man but just needs to get into shape. I would be so proud if he did. Lofty goals, but I say go for it!! :)

My gym was playing terrible music today... couldn't stand it. I don't work out well wearing my IPOD either, so I don't bring it.

I have learned to just block it out. I too do not like wearing a headset and my gym plays horrendous music.

I'm used to wearing earbuds and having my iPod. Plus, I don't like people talking to me. When I'm exercising, I'm exercising. I don't want to stop and have a conversation with strangers.

Having said that, I'm still trying to get used to hearing my own music while the REALLY loud and terrible gym music is playing.

Someone asked a while back for before and after pics. Here is the best I can do if anyone cares...

March 2013 at Braves spring training game in Orlando FL. Just after hand surgery with orange cast...

http://s2.postimg.org/xy9vrx9zt/unnamed.jpg

Now....... 45 less pounds and hopefully a few more muscles too :)

http://s24.postimg.org/428nyh12t/IMAG0312.jpg

:huh:

Edited by Narpet
  • Like 3