Working out

Sound the alarm!! No gym today. Just to much to do and not feeling up to it. I will hit it hard in the morning...

Great workout today. 3.9 miles in 40 minutes. Got a bunch of new workout threads for Christmas. These actually fit as the others were way to big as I got smaller.... :)

Kicked some major ass today. Ran the first mile in 9.00. Did 2 miles in 20 minutes. Did 3 miles in 30 minutes. These are all firsts for me and goals. Did 3.92 miles in 40 minutes. 4 miles in 40 minutes is the short term next goal..... :) :cheers:
  • Like 1

Kicked some major ass today. Ran the first mile in 9.00. Did 2 miles in 20 minutes. Did 3 miles in 30 minutes. These are all firsts for me and goals. Did 3.92 miles in 40 minutes. 4 miles in 40 minutes is the short term next goal..... :) :cheers:

Awesome job Narpet! It has been nice reading your updates. It's obvious you have been bitten by the running bug. I know you'll feel so proud of yourself when you run that 5k!
  • Like 1

Awesome job Narpet! It has been nice reading your updates. It's obvious you have been bitten by the running bug. I know you'll feel so proud of yourself when you run that 5k!

BTW. What is a "good" time for a 5K? :scared: :)

BTW. What is a "good" time for a 5K? :scared: :)

A PB (personal best) is what you should shoot for. Don't worry about trying to pick a set time. You'll know how many minutes you can run 3 miles when at the gym. At the time of the race, try to push yourself just a bit. Then you'll know how you run in a race, you'll get a time and then the next race you run, try for a new PB. Also, since you're running on a treadmill, it's going to be hard to know exactly how you'll perform while running on the road. With treadmills, I think people start relying on the belt to move them forward which is why running on pavement is harder but a much more accurate measure of how you'll perform in a race.

I'm eating less lately, and less crap in general, because of a dramatic life changing event. This is turning me into a hard bodied machine! So look out you RUSH slobs :madra:

I thought you were already in super mega shape?

Is everything ok treeduck?

I'm eating less lately, and less crap in general, because of a dramatic life changing event. This is turning me into a hard bodied machine! So look out you RUSH slobs :madra:

I must have been not quite as in shape as I was back in the 80's/90's or something.

I must have been not quite as in shape as I was back in the 80's/90's or something.

Join the club my friend......... :D-13:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when we hold the TRF Fighting Tournament since we're all strongmen who have never been in better shape than we are now. I predict that Narpet and I will make the finals. Treeduck will get flattened by a Tick sumo splash in the second round.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what happens when we hold the TRF Fighting Tournament since we're all strongmen who have never been in better shape than we are now. I predict that Narpet and I will make the finals. Treeduck will get flattened by a Tick sumo splash in the second round.

Some youngster will probably kick my ass long before I would meet up with you..... :codger: :codger:

Some youngster will probably kick my ass long before I would meet up with you..... :codger: :codger:

Nonsense. You're an experienced, battle-hardened warrior, way too tough for some peach-fuzz-faced kid to handle. Just don't get sentimental when you're up against young Segue Myles. The two of you are a good team. He's like Gilligan and you're like the skipper. It'll almost be sad when you have to beat him down. "Sorry I have to do this to you, little buddy..."

• Like 1

Nonsense. You're an experienced, battle-hardened warrior, way too tough for some peach-fuzz-faced kid to handle. Just don't get sentimental when you're up against young Segue Myles. The two of you are a good team. He's like Gilligan and you're like the skipper. It'll almost be sad when you have to beat him down. "Sorry I have to do this to you, little buddy..."

If he plays some Toto or ABBA he might distract me enough to get a shot in as my hands are reaching to cover my ears.... :D-13:
  • Like 1

All of this talk is making me think we should enter the same Warrior Dash and see who is victorious.

http://warriordash.com/

This seems pretty hard-core. I like it! I'm going to train twice as hard from now on so that I'll be fully prepared to deal with all those daunting obstacles.

I feel that I should warn you guys that the harsh conditions I contend with in Minnesota give me a distinct advantage. When most people try to train here, things go South Side of the Sky pretty quickly. Even otherwise valiant men like LABT choose to hole themselves up and "work from home" rather than brave the blizzards and face the arctic beasts. But I'm out there every day on the unforgiving plains, shaping myself into a Warrior Dash-dominating powerhouse.

All of this talk is making me think we should enter the same Warrior Dash and see who is victorious.

http://warriordash.com/

This seems pretty hard-core. I like it! I'm going to train twice as hard from now on so that I'll be fully prepared to deal with all those daunting obstacles.

I feel that I should warn you guys that the harsh conditions I contend with in Minnesota give me a distinct advantage. When most people try to train here, things go South Side of the Sky pretty quickly. Even otherwise valiant men like LABT choose to hole themselves up and "work from home" rather than brave the blizzards and face the arctic beasts. But I'm out there every day on the unforgiving plains, shaping myself into a Warrior Dash-dominating powerhouse.

You are my Warrior King now.

You can dress up too in Viking helmets and stuff... to look even more hard core. This race is huge. I entered last summer but couldn't go for some reason, can't remember why now. It looks like so much fun though.

Tick is a beast but he's too slow for me! :D-13:

Don't eat too little. You're so thin already that you probably weigh less than me even though you're probably nearly a foot taller than me. I blame my heaviness on my massive chest, biceps, and adamantium bones! But yeah, eat more (though healthily) you thin bastard! Can't make muscles without fuel. :blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Don't eat too little. You're so thin already that you probably weigh less than me even though you're probably nearly a foot taller than me. I blame my heaviness on my massive chest, biceps, and adamantium bones! But yeah, eat more (though healthily) you thin bastard! Can't make muscles without fuel. :blaze:

Aye I would if all these relatives that I never see except at funerals would stop coming around eating all my food!