Working out

Covered 3.75 miles on the treadmill today in 40 minutes alternating walking and running. Sprinted the last 2 minutes at 8.0 mph. Incredible! Six months ago I couldn't run from here to there without keeling over........ Gonna do it again later when I pick up my wife and take her to the gym........ :dweez:
  • Like 2

Covered 3.75 miles on the treadmill today in 40 minutes alternating walking and running. Sprinted the last 2 minutes at 8.0 mph. Incredible! Six months ago I couldn't run from here to there without keeling over........ Gonna do it again later when I pick up my wife and take her to the gym........ :dweez:

It's great when you realize those types of results. Maybe this is the girl in me, but for me, I like when pants sizes go down.

It's great when you realize those types of results. Maybe this is the girl in me, but for me, I like when pants sizes go down.

Me too and they are. I gotta say this..... You have been an inspiration and I don't even know you. You are alright in my book no matter what anyone else say's......... :blush:

Me too and they are. I gotta say this..... You have been an inspiration and I don't even know you. You are alright in my book no matter what anyone else say's......... :blush:

HA! Yeah, don't listen to what the others say. :LOL:

I can't stress it enough that I know, from personal experience and the experience of friends and family, that it is a big deal to not only start an exercise routine but to finish it to your goal. I get excited when I see people working hard to get to whatever goal they have. Goals take determination and strength. Two qualities that should be commended.

200 is about my limit though it seems.

:pussy:

:nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya: :hi:

...325, 326, 327...please don't interrupt me...328, 329...

I can't even do one push-up. I'm so mighty that every time I try, my hands push directly into the ground thereby decimating the tile, wood, stone, or whatever the flooring is made of. Having 2 hand holes in the ground is embarassing and bothersome

I can't even do sit-ups..! :o

Meanwhile perhaps you can grow a beard. :codger:

You know what surprises me, I loathe facial hair on a guy with hair but LOVE it on guys who are bald. I don't know why. It's weird making out with a guy with facial hair. Not that I've done that now in... 16 years.

My wife loves when I grown my beard but it itches me like crazy so I can't keep it for long. I shave my head once a week.

My wife could care if I had two heads, but dude I'm with you. I shave my head once a week and do have a beard. The beard is gray and is hell for a few weeks but when you look like me it's best to cover as much as possible. :scared: Worked out on the treadmill again tonight with my wife. Damn it feels good to run again! Covered 3.6 miles. Half running and half walking. I ran my 3 minutes alternating at 6.5 mph instead of 6.0. It really doesn't bother me at all and I cover more ground that way. I sprinted out the last 2 minutes at 7.5. Like I said, damn it feels good! Can't wait for tomorrow...... :dweez:

See? Running is awesome. The pounds melt away with cardio. It's so much to fun, especially outdoors but it is very different. I would be curious to hear if you decide to run the same distance outdoors (it's more intense, I think).

I am saving the outdoors thing for a little while, but I have a plan. I am going to keep pushing harder and harder on the treadmill until I am ready to run outdoors. I am not going to get ahead of myself to much. I think when it gets relatively easy to run a mile, I will try a neighborhood run..............

Take it easy when you transition to outdoor running. It is very, very different from the treadmill. Due to weather and work schedule I once had to do most of my training for a marathon on a treadmill for the last 6 weeks prior to the actual event. I had a good marathon but JESUS was I ever sore for three days after. That hadn't ever been my experience prior nor afterwards.

• Like 1

Aside from some tender muscles, another way I can tell I've stepped up my exercise game is by the foods I crave. I can't get enough carbs. Dinner tonight was a mountain of pasta. Sometimes I crave sugar, sometimes potassium, sometimes protein and other times, carbs.

Curious to hear if anyone else experiences this.

I started my workout tonight with my wife and all seemed normal. Got to about 1.5 miles and shut it down. I think the two a days caught up to me. Just didn't have the energy level needed to continue. Also the running muscles in my legs were really screaming, stop, stop already!. My hamstrings, gluts, calves etc. had, had enough for one day. On the flip side my wife did really well. She is starting to play with her speed and incline to increase the difficulty. Nice to see............ :codger:

Aside from some tender muscles, another way I can tell I've stepped up my exercise game is by the foods I crave. I can't get enough carbs. Dinner tonight was a mountain of pasta. Sometimes I crave sugar, sometimes potassium, sometimes protein and other times, carbs.

Curious to hear if anyone else experiences this.

You should get ample carbs and protein both before and after workouts. Post workouts is one of the few times when you should really get some simple carbs even. Your body needs that fuel just after you have worked out. If you are having cravings like that you might not by eating enough around your workout. Eat a meal of lean protein and complex carbs an hour before working out and then take in some fast absorbing protein(dairy products, plant proteins) and simple carbs right after you workout.

This might help curb those cravings and the urge to binge.

There is nothing wrong with pasta but I would eat it for lunch and instead of dinner. And remember, everything in moderation.

Covered 3.3 miles in 40 minutes walking/running this morning. I gotta say right now my legs feel like very sore jelly/rubber when I run. I am pushing through but hopefully this will ease with time and settle down some. I do have a problem with acid reflux however when I am running. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have eaten sometime before or not. It's really annoying and I don't need that when I am pushing hard as it is.......... Anyone got a tums?.......... :codger: Edited by Narpet

No workout for me today. I woke up with a really bad cold. Usually I still exercise but not today. Slight fever and a horrible sore throat. I'm staying curled up in bed, cradling my cold medicine and go through this entire bag of throat lozenges.

No workout for me today. I woke up with a really bad cold. Usually I still exercise but not today. Slight fever and a horrible sore throat. I'm staying curled up in bed, cradling my cold medicine and go through this entire bag of throat lozenges.

You are ok to exercise up and until you get a fever. Once that happens, rest, rest, rest.

I hope you feel better soon!

You are ok to exercise up and until you get a fever. Once that happens, rest, rest, rest.

I hope you feel better soon!

Me too because I hate not being able to exercise. Like I said, normally I'll still exercise but this morning my body was saying, "no" and for once, I listened. The husband was very surprised.

Good workout tonight. I went before I picked up my wife from work. I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill. I decided to walk 4 minutes and run 2 minutes alternating throughout the entire 40 minutes. Legs are still pretty sore. I picked my wife up and went back with her. She did her thing and I wasn't going to do much. Did a couple miles on the bike and then said the hell with it. Jumped on the treadmill and ran a half mile in 5 minutes and did it pretty easy sore legs and all. Yes! :dweez:
  • Like 1

Great workout today. Went with my wife this afternoon because she was off today. She was having some soreness troubles but managed her way through it. As for me, I ran my ass off. Started with a full 6.0 mph mile. Then walked 5 minutes. Then ran a half mile. Walked 5 minutes and so on. Covered 4 miles in 45 minutes. Sweated my ass off too. Clean up on the treadmill in isle 4!! It was better than sex from what I can recall...................... :dweez: :codger:

Great workout again today. Started with a 1.1 mile run at a 10 minute mile pace. Played with it the rest of the 45 minutes. I would walk and then sprint for a couple minutes here and there. I really enjoy just playing with the speeds and distances some to keep it fresh and fun. Wore my Fly By Night jersey too which inspires me even more for some reason............... :haz:

http://s22.postimg.org/k9eoba0r5/IMAG0087.jpg

• Like 2

Light workout this morning. My legs were screaming at my brain to stop. I only did 3.2 miles and I walked most of it. I am cool with it. Gonna relax and watch some football today....... :dweez:
  • Like 1