Working out

Fantastic! The whole family is going to be super fit.

They're predicting we're going to have a really cold winter season so I'm thinking of ditching the running outdoors for a few months and just hit the gym daily and run on the treadmill and then get on the weight machines three times a week.

They're predicting we're going to have a really cold winter season so I'm thinking of ditching the running outdoors for a few months and just hit the gym daily and run on the treadmill and then get on the weight machines three times a week.

look into crossfit. Mix your cardio and strength training into one workout. Plus there are billion routines to do so it never gets boring.

Unless you really love the treadmill. I personally am not a fan of it.

look into crossfit. Mix your cardio and strength training into one workout. Plus there are billion routines to do so it never gets boring.

I hate the treadmill but I want to keep running. We'll see. I've never really ran on a treadmill. I've been in this weird slump where I keep changing and re-changing and thinking and re-thinking my exercise routine. It's driving me crazy but I want to find something I really love and am inspired by.

I injured my wrist so no pilates or intense yoga for a lil while. I'm so upset by this.

I'm still going to home practice and try and get back into my routine but it's too painful to put weight on my wrist right now. :(

I hate the treadmill but I want to keep running. We'll see. I've never really ran on a treadmill. I've been in this weird slump where I keep changing and re-changing and thinking and re-thinking my exercise routine. It's driving me crazy but I want to find something I really love and am inspired by.

What is it that you are looking for?

Just pick something and stick with it for a couple months and remember that there are ways to get cardio without running.

Did 3.5 miles this morning. The gym closed today at noon. I got there around 9:30 and they were quite a few people there. We had a lot of family and food today for Thanksgiving. I was real good and did not stuff myself. I ate a little bit of everything and had some banana pudding for desert. The gym reopens at 5:00 am tomorrow morning. I won't be there then but I will be going at some point tomorrow....

Good workout this morning. 3.5 miles. I think the running thing is really helping. I can feel my body slimming down even though my weight hasn't really changed much if any. My wife has now missed 3 days in a row. I had a feeling this would happen. :( I am still holding out hope but it's not a priority for her. Not enough immediate weight loss discourages her no matter what I say.

Good workout this morning. 3.5 miles. I think the running thing is really helping. I can feel my body slimming down even though my weight hasn't really changed much if any. My wife has now missed 3 days in a row. I had a feeling this would happen. :( I am still holding out hope but it's not a priority for her. Not enough immediate weight loss discourages her no matter what I say.

Unlike what you see in advertisements, it can be a slow process.. She needs to understand that. The other thing that I can't seem to drive home with some people(my wife is the same as yours) is that you aren't going to walk on a treadmill for 3 miles a day and have a super fit body. It takes more than that.

Anyway, I wish you luck.

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1

Good workout today. My wife went with me. The problem my wife is having is that she has been at this for a month and lost nothing. It frustrates the hell out of her. We had a major discussion about this on the way home (joy). As of now my "success" example is working against me with her. I did walk "only" during the first few months of my journey and I lost weight. I lost probably 10 lbs per month the first 3 months. Since then I have added strength and even more intense cardio in the gym. She hates this sh*t but is willing to keep it up for now..... :(

Good workout today. My wife went with me. The problem my wife is having is that she has been at this for a month and lost nothing. It frustrates the hell out of her. We had a major discussion about this on the way home (joy). As of now my "success" example is working against me with her. I did walk "only" during the first few months of my journey and I lost weight. I lost probably 10 lbs per month the first 3 months. Since then I have added strength and even more intense cardio in the gym. She hates this sh*t but is willing to keep it up for now..... :(

Maybe it'd help if your wife spoke with a personal trainer at your gym about weight loss...i.e. these things take time and a consistent effort not to mention that people lose weight at different rates depending on age and gender. Other than that, I'd say that you're doing all you can to encourage her

5.5 miles in 60 minutes today. I am gradually stretching out the running weekly. I am increasing my speed also... :)

Good workout this morning. My legs were more sore than normal due to spending time last night on the elliptical machine next to my wife. I was trying to encourage her and I hate that freak'in machine. It put's me and my leg's in position I and they don't like... :)

Broke my ass in my workout this morning. 3.7 miles in 40 minutes. I gotta say this running is really taking this thing to a new level. Even though I am not obsessing at all with the scale I am paying some attention to it. 182 this morning. The lightest I have been to date! It is amazing however the difference in my body between the 185 a month ago and the 182 of today. Much slimmer and stronger, I am guessing due to the running and light lifting work. More upper body and less around the waist. Don't even need a training bra at this point...... :cheers:

Broke my ass in my workout this morning. 3.7 miles in 40 minutes. I gotta say this running is really taking this thing to a new level. Even though I am not obsessing at all with the scale I am paying some attention to it. 182 this morning. The lightest I have been to date! It is amazing however the difference in my body between the 185 a month ago and the 182 of today. Much slimmer and stronger, I am guessing due to the running and light lifting work. More upper body and less around the waist. Don't even need a training bra at this point...... :cheers:

Time to start lifting heavier.
  • Like 1

Time to start lifting heavier.

Wish I could :( See my right hand x-ray somewhere posted on this forum Edited by Narpet

The wrist is healing slowly... have been going to pilates classes. My teacher has been showing me alternate ways of doing exercises so I'm not falling behind. I'm still doing yoga just not daily to not overload my wrist while it heals.

Got a great compliment on my form in class yesterday which was great to hear... even though i know i still need LOTS of work. Gearing up for next months Pilates challenge class. :D

The wrist is healing slowly... have been going to pilates classes. My teacher has been showing me alternate ways of doing exercises so I'm not falling behind. I'm still doing yoga just not daily to not overload my wrist while it heals.

Got a great compliment on my form in class yesterday which was great to hear... even though i know i still need LOTS of work. Gearing up for next months Pilates challenge class. :D

Another accident??

Another accident??

Your form as in "your body"? or Your form as in your "technique"? :huh: From the photos I've seen I bet I already know.. :P Edited by Narpet

Another accident??

Your form as in "your body"? or Your form as in your "technique"? :huh: From the photos I've seen I bet I already know.. :P

I'm sure it was meant as in my technique.

Yes ducky... Wrist got jammed up

Another accident??

Your form as in "your body"? or Your form as in your "technique"? :huh: From the photos I've seen I bet I already know.. :P

I'm sure it was meant as in my technique.

Yes ducky... Wrist got jammed up

:hug2:

Took my wife to the gym tonight. Another workout day/night doubleheader. Did 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. My wife is still hanging in there....... :)

Good workout this morning. Gym was full. I gotta say, the young woman's stretching routine on the treadmill in front of me was worth the price of admission..... Wow....What a body, and yes, sometimes it does suck to be old :sigh: :drool: