Working out

I've added push ups to my weekly routine. I'm at 100 before I go to sleep, 3-4x a week.. I've seen some serious gains in my flat bench dumbbell presses at the gym.. I'm addicted to push ups now

I do 500 a day, two sets of 250. Sometimes the 250 turns into 260 or 270 on a good day.

• Like 1

I've added push ups to my weekly routine. I'm at 100 before I go to sleep, 3-4x a week.. I've seen some serious gains in my flat bench dumbbell presses at the gym.. I'm addicted to push ups now

I do 500 a day, two sets of 250. Sometimes the 250 turns into 260 or 270 on a good day.

Sets of 250? Damn...

Sets of 250? Damn...

Well I started about 15 years ago at three sets of just 10, eventually once I did a few more I cut down to two sets. The thing is it's quick exercise so it doesn't take a lot of time to do, even when you do 250 at a time it's only like 2, 2 and half minutes to do.

Sets of 250? Damn...

Well I started about 15 years ago at three sets of just 10, eventually once I did a few more I cut down to two sets. The thing is it's quick exercise so it doesn't take a lot of time to do, even when you do 250 at a time it's only like 2, 2 and half minutes to do.

Ducky's wings go like the clappers! :o

Sets of 250? Damn...

Ducky's wings go like the clappers! :o

Sometimes it's a bit tougher, like last night; the temperature has suddenly gone up here so that rapid atmospheric change I think made it a bit more difficult than usual.

Went to the gym this morning for the first time in over a week. My health seems to be improving and hopefully I can start going again daily until my sinus/septum surgery on April 22. I took it slow and did 3.3 miles today in 40 minutes.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Went to the gym this morning for the first time in over a week. My health seems to be improving and hopefully I can start going daily again daily until my sinus/septum surgery on April 22. I took it slow and did 3.3 miles today in 40 minutes.... :)

Good man! Getting better all the time. Nice! :cheers:

• Like 1

Went to the gym this morning for the first time in over a week. My health seems to be improving and hopefully I can start going daily again daily until my sinus/septum surgery on April 22. I took it slow and did 3.3 miles today in 40 minutes.... :)

Good man! Getting better all the time. Nice! :cheers:

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Rocked Strangers In The Night on the treadmill this morning...... :haz:

Went 3.5 miles in 40 minutes this morning on the treadmill. I am slowly building back up to were I was before all the health issues..... :)
  • Like 1

I have decided to stop posting here at least for a while. I will continue to work out as I have been you can be sure of that. Nobody else seems to give a rip about this thread consistently but me anyway. I may report in less than 2 weeks how my 5 K went anyway. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound?.... Later folks... :)

Let's jazz it up a bit then.

That's great that you're still hitting the gym as often as possible but any other goals you have? Any new workout strategies? Have you started running outdoors yet (especially since you have your race coming up -- you'll want to know how you perform on the road)? Any diet questions?

What about the wife? Has she gone back to the gym? I know a few weeks back you said that she had stopped but was wondering if she had changed her mind.

I have a diet question for people... what things do you snack on during the day? I like to keep my energy constant throughout the day. Coffee helps, certainly! But the right foods can do that too. I avoid high-fat foods and try not to eat a lot of bread and pasta. I could eat pasta morning, noon and night if you let me. The foods I keep on hand are things like: almonds, apples, bananas, yogurt... sometimes I'll make a smoothie from honey vanilla greek yogurt and frozen fruits (I always have blueberries and strawberries in the freezer). For protein, I'll bake up chicken, turkey or fish and keep that in the fridge for a more satisfying snack.

Appreciate the effort my dear but I think I will leave this one alone for a while just the same. Like I said, I will be busting it daily but would rather just keep the photos and details to myself. Thanks anyway....... :rose: :)

Miss post :( Edited by Narpski

I loved push ups as a kid. That orange sherbet. Just delicious. :)
  • Like 2

I haven't been going to the gym and running since my sinus surgery. I have however been walking at least 6 miles a day ( the last 9 days) in the neighborhood and I am seeing results. I got some 5 lb weights the other day and have been carrying them on my walks too. Doing all kinds of curls and other things as I walk. I think I am going to do this for a while until my sinuses and nose is completely healed. I am now convinced that changing your exercise routine is as important as anything. I have also been eating vegetarian for 2 weeks now and plan to continue that indefinitely..... :)

Well, I discovered a way to get annoying people Out Of Your Space at the gym. :)

These two women were practically on top of me tonight - I was on a spin bike. Granted, I'd already gotten my ass kicked by an hour on the VersaClimber (it's a medieval torture device, it really is) so was hoping to just manage a half hour on the bike. They're hanging there, talking - if I'd thrown my elbows out I'd have hit them. I didn't know if they were waiting for the bike or what. There are 3 spin bikes but some people just HAVE to be able to work out next to each other so they can gab. Tough shit, I wasn't moving.

I finally let out a really long, moderately audible, poisonous fart. I mean it was toxic; you know when your own farts make your eyes water that everyone else is probably gagging. But problem solved - they left! Tee-hee.

That made my day! :LMAO:

I set a personal record yesterday. I ran 3.2 miles in 30 minutes. Had to take some 30 second breaks to catch my breath due to my exercise-induced asthma. But when I learn to pace myself I will be able to run 3.2 miles without any breaks.

:dweez:

• Like 1

I set a personal record yesterday. I ran 3.2 miles in 30 minutes. Had to take some 30 second breaks to catch my breath due to my exercise-induced asthma. But when I learn to pace myself I will be able to run 3.2 miles without any breaks.

You go dude!! When i ran my first and only 5k I did it in 28.30 or so. I couldn't do it now due to all my health issues and I haven't been able to run much at all. Sucks really. All that work to be able to do it gone. I will have to get back after the running part soon. I have been walking 6 miles a day however even when I feel bad to stay in shape. If there is one thing that I am is stubborn...
  • Like 1

You go dude!! When i ran my first and only 5k I did it in 28.30 or so. I couldn't do it now due to all my health issues and I haven't been able to run much at all. Sucks really. All that work to be able to do it gone. I will have to get back after the running part soon. I have been walking 6 miles a day however even when I feel bad to stay in shape. If there is one thing that I am is stubborn...

A friend of mine told me that when he runs he mentally visualizes how he is running towards a new and improved self. May sound cheesy as hell but in reality it works pretty well. I think it's time to plan my running; monday, wednesday and friday for running and the weekend for hiking. I was tempted to run today but my legs are too sore. Love that feeling though ;)

My goal is to get in shape and do a 6.3 mile run within an hour. Don't care about running a marathon because I'll just damage my knees for no good. When that goal is met then I'll be in really good shape for when I start lifting those weights.

• Like 1

100 sit-ups plus calisthenics and aerobics yesterday. Short bursts with breaks, but not bad.

That's impressive! I hate doing sit-ups and push-ups but my abdomen would probably thank me if I did. I never realized how much you use your abdomen when running, so doing some sit-ups would probably reduce the cramps.

I'm more a "exsplosive" kind of athlete than having to do with stamina.

I hate doing sit-ups and push-ups but my abdomen would probably thank me if I did. I never realized how much you use your abdomen when running, so doing some sit-ups would probably reduce the cramps.

Consider planks if you want to concentrate on your abs, especially if you hate doing sit-ups. Sit-ups and crunches definitely work the muscles well—I used to do plenty of crunches myself—but they aren't good for your spine in the long run anyway.

Regular planks will probably become easy before too long, but there are plenty of variations you can do.

• Like 2