Another example of the negative aspects of being online...

coventry

When ever I read these overzealous negative tirades bashing Rush for some deep down reason it brings me satisfaction. Good, good your aggravated and annoyed by Rush's popularity and devoted fan base! Rush is for select "individuals" who seek a higher standard of quality and intelligence. You don't get it??? Mission accomplished :)

However, I think he's just another overtly opinionated twit trying to sound intelligent and looking for attention.

The funniest thing about these kind of people is that they are what they write when they try to sound "intelligent" when trying to bad-mouth Rush.

I think a bad-mouth quote that stands out the most to me was probably these quotes I found when they highlighted this topic in Beyond the Lighted Stage.

"Overbearing and repetitious to the point of tears." (Tears of laughter that is to me when I read these) as well as "Deafening, dull, depressing, and dated." amongst others.

I wonder if they ever read what they write and realizing that they are not making a very good credible statement.

Edited by Anguyen92

I'd also challenge this writer to replicate one of Neil's solos. Since apparently this guy is an expert on what "good" drumming looks and sounds like.

I'd also challenge this writer to replicate one of Neil's solos. Since apparently this guy is an expert on what "good" drumming looks and sounds like.

Time to mention a famous quote from a random person on a drummer forum..."Neil's left leg is a better drummer than I am." - Unknown

Did this bit not annoy people:

"The way he was being written up he had to be the best thing ever - better than my heroes of the time (Ringo, John Bonham, Stewart Copeland, Buddy Rich, Louie Bellson, Sheila E.and Max Roach - to name just a few)"

Seriously? Comparing Neil Peart to Ringo Starr.

Wonder what this assclown thinks of one of his heroes playing with Peart.

Wonder if this assclown has ever played with Copeland. But not too much...

Did this bit not annoy people:

"The way he was being written up he had to be the best thing ever - better than my heroes of the time (Ringo, John Bonham, Stewart Copeland, Buddy Rich, Louie Bellson, Sheila E.and Max Roach - to name just a few)"

Seriously? Comparing Neil Peart to Ringo Starr.

Hold up there a minute, broham. Ringo and Charlie Watts are both awesome in their simplicity and rock solid time. Neither one is flashy, but within their groups (some dudes called The Beat Brothers and The Rolling Bones or something like that) they are about the only ones on Earth that were destined to make that music.

As for the criticism of Neil, HE IS NOT A JAZZ OR SOUL PLAYER.

At least come up with some original complaints. I would love to see Rush just let go and swing on an improv sometime, but that is not who they are. I would argue that Neil has loosened up and is grooving more in his older years than he ever did as a young player. As someone said earlier he can groove and you can find examples of it. He just isn't that kind of player and Rush doesn't make that kind of music. Don't like it? Go away and listen to Lady Gag Gag.

• Like 1

Not gonna read it,it sounds like the uninformed talking about something they are clueless about...

Neil is the perfect drummer for Rush! He's not a jazz drummer, he's not a pocket drummer, he's not a groove drummer!

Rush is a unique band, and they play unique music. Any other drummer in that situation would NOT be as effective, and Neil in any other band would NOT be effective.

Why is that so hard for people to grasp????

• Like 2

I think guys like the writer of that piece do it because of RUSH fans, for RUSH fans.

They are aware of how rabid RUSH fans are and how we greedily gobble up anything new on the band....anything...even a piece that bashes them or one of the members of the band.

With advent of the internet, all that matters is numbers of hits to a web site or article of whatever. It's become easier in that you don't have to actually sell a product to reach people, you just post it and wait for people to come and find it and spread it around....they bait us....all that is important is that it gets hits to sell advertising.

What's a great way to get hits? Feed those who are hungry for anything they can get on their favorite topic...in this case us and RUSH.

It doesn't matter if the piece is good or bad, right or wrong, likable or hated. The writer has done his job simply getting us to hit his bait.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

I'm so pissed I'm laughing.

I almost considered signing up to that site just so I could post a comment.

Also I'd like to draw attention to Goober's comment.

"...I must sincerely wonder how you're able to type with your head shoved so far up your ass?..."

Just kidding, I don't have to sign up now. :laughing guy:

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Neil actually has a lot of groove.

I know drummers who have no groove, and Neil isn't one of them. He should go back to listening to his Nickelback cds, and leave Rush alone.