Glee Star Dead

goose

CNN) -- Cory Monteith, who played heart throb Finn Hudson in the Fox hit "Glee," was found dead in a Vancouver, Canada, hotel room Saturday, police said. He was 31.

Vancouver police said the cause of death was not immediately apparent, but they ruled out foul play.

Medical examiners will conduct an autopsy Monday.

Monteith's body was discovered by staff members at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel after he missed his checkout time, acting Chief Constable Doug LePard told reporters.

Monteith apparently had several people over to his room at one point Friday night, but LePard said Monteith, who had checked in July 6, was seen on hotel surveillance video returning to his room in the early morning hours by himself.

Monteith spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.

He had been frank about his struggles with substance abuse, telling Parade magazine in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13, and by 19 went into rehab after his mother and friends intervened.

"I had several interactions with him yesterday where he said that he was doing amazing," Shankman said. "He even said I am feeling fantastic. I'm like everybody else, really devastated and confused by what happened."

Drugs... :facepalm:

Exactly. Stories like these are just another arrow to put in my quiver for when I have the talk about drugs with my kids.

I had a best friend from middle school who recently overdosed on heroin. He was also 31.

Drugs are really, really bad. I've always avoided them, because I never wanted to die an early death. Coffee is the worst drug I do.

Anyway, RIP. My sister loves Glee. I don't care for it, but sad news anyway.

Don't people ever learn? Heroin - not your friend - yet people keep doing it. Stupid!

RIP

I will admit, I really enjoyed the first six episodes of Glee after which it became hit-and-miss, imo. I dropped it from TiVo after Finn, Rachael, Santana and Quinn graduated. The show had a quirkiness that really worked at times and really didn't at other times. I also enjoy pop music, despite my "rocker chick" reputation with my friends.

I was very sad to hear about Cory's death. So young and so much wasted talent. :( Sadly, when drugs are involved, the inevitable result is jail, institutions and death. My heart goes out to Cory's family, friends and to the many fans he had.

RIP Cory. I hope your family and friends can find peace with your untimely passing. :rose:

I will admit, I really enjoyed the first six episodes of Glee after which it became hit-and-miss, imo. I dropped it from TiVo after Finn, Rachael, Santana and Quinn graduated. The show had a quirkiness that really worked at times and really didn't at other times. I also enjoy pop music, despite my "rocker chick" reputation with my friends.

I was very sad to hear about Cory's death. So young and so much wasted talent. :( Sadly, when drugs are involved, the inevitable result is jail, institutions and death. My heart goes out to Cory's family, friends and to the many fans he had.

RIP Cory. I hope your family and friends can find peace with your untimely passing. :rose:

The first season was great, the rest is hit and miss. My daughter loves it, so I've seen quite a few episodes. Britney's stuff kills me!