Rush represents no less than 10 albums in their live set consistently!

tommyali

I was just doing some searching. I know we all have certain songs that we want to hear live, but with such a vast catalog, Rush have been doing a damn good job in keeping us happy.

On every tour for at least the passed ten years they have represented between 10 and 14 albums. That's pretty impressive.

I've seen them for the passed 20 years now and they keep getting better ( i have some different thoughts about this tour, but not because of their playing, just too much CA of which I'm not a fan)

I believe there best to this point as far as song selection goes to S&A live.

• Like 2

I was just doing some searching. I know we all have certain songs that we want to hear live, but with such a vast catalog, Rush have been doing a damn good job in keeping us happy.

On every tour for at least the passed ten years they have represented between 10 and 14 albums. That's pretty impressive.

I've seen them for the passed 20 years now and they keep getting better ( i have some different thoughts about this tour, but not because of their playing, just too much CA of which I'm not a fan)

You had me for the first 4 sentences, but lost me. CA is incredible, especially compared to S&A. It's probably a singular example of a band this far into their career making such a strong album.

• Like 2

Sorry to disappoint. I'm a die hard fan. CA live was kinda dull. Songs are too long

Clockwork Angels is an amazing album start to finish, their best since Counterparts. And if you don't like an album called Clockwork Angels you probably shouldn't attend a tour called The Clockwork Angels Tour.
  • Like 7

Did I say I didn't like CA BBJ? Well maybe I don't. But I still like Rush, and that's who I went to see, and the albums they represented

In between counterparts and clockwork angels we had the masterpiece of S&A don't forget

CA live was kinda dull. Songs are too long

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/hobo73/SuspiciousGuyBlackSS-1024x938.png

• Like 2

Absolutely, Snakes And Arrows was one of the best set lists ever, with everything from Circumstances to Mission, and so much in between. That was such a good tour.

• Like 1

Clockwork Angels is an amazing album start to finish, their best since Counterparts. And if you don't like an album called Clockwork Angels you probably shouldn't attend a tour called The Clockwork Angels Tour.

LOL ... ya think.

:banghead:

Did I say I didn't like CA BBJ? Well maybe I don't. But I still like Rush, and that's who I went to see, and the albums they represented

You implied it. "Songs are too long." As if they lengthened them for the show or something.

I hated the concert myself, when I went into the restroom one of the dispensers was out of handsoap. I'll never attend another Rush show as long as I live.

• Like 2

Read the book. Then it won't be dull.

I agree completely. Takes about 3 hours for anyone w/ average reading skills to get thru too and its captivating the whole way thru, ... IMO.

Edited by Wingmaster

Absolutely, Snakes And Arrows was one of the best set lists ever, with everything from Circumstances to Mission, and so much in between. That was such a good tour.

You can't play 4 mediocre and boring songs in a row live and have it be the best anything. I loved the show, but let's not get crazy.

I agree about the Snakes And Arrows setlist. I thought it was simply brilliant. It was my first gig, and though I'd been familiar with Rush for 30 or so years, I'd never liked them and hadn't known much of their work beyond their singles. For me that setlist was the perfect balance of familiar and unfamiliar songs, all played with such excitement and joy that I became captivated by the band as an entity. Those songs just flowed incredibly well with what their energies were on that tour. I was a classic Rush disser when I was in high school, but the day after that gig, I was a passionate fan.

That passion has only grown in the 19 shows I've seen since then (and of course, in discovering their catalogue). The Time Machine was incredible fun, I'm crazy about the Clockwork Angels stuff (the album is tied with Hemispheres for my all-time favourite, and what the string section brings both in terms of sounds and of firing up the guys to new heights of ferocity in their playing is nothing short of amazing), but sometimes I still kinda miss that Snakes And Arrows setlist :yes:

Edited by GeddysMullet

Personally, I liked S&A better than CA, and CAN say that I liked the setlist from the S&A tour a LOT better than more other later tours...but CA live is pretty good in and of itself!

The earlier tour (well other than the ATWAS tour) that I love is the Different Stages tour....heck the ENTIRE 2112 suite played! can't beat it!

For me, I really like the album. Definitely my top 5 albums. For me, there are no fillers an every song is a masterpiece in itself. I loved this tour and set list and the energy. On this tour, at my concert they played from 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Presure, Power Windows, Presto, Roll the Bones, Snakes and Arrows, CA. Awesome!!!
  • Like 1

You have to remember Rushmantic.....You're not allowed to cast your opinion on this forum unless you agree with all the long time members.

The long time members all share one opinion on everything?

• Like 1

You have to remember Rushmantic.....You're not allowed to cast your opinion on this forum unless you agree with all the long time members.

It's not like that at all. You can voice your opinion, just be prepared for the people who see things differently. They can respond back and you may not like it lol.

*shrug* it's like any other messageboard, really.

I personally just find it mind-boggling that someone would pay to see the CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR when they didnt really like the album. People need to read into a tour before paying money to go.

Liking SnA and calling CA boring? Wow. You have it backwards my friend. I find acoustic folk inspired ditties by Rush a little more boring. CA sits toward the top of my Rush album list while SnA sits towards the bottom.

Wow, I'm certainly getting mis understood here.. " why would I see CA tour if I don't like the album"? What a silly statement!

I saw it twice and from my recollection there was more than half a show that didn't represent CA. And Rush clearly still kicks ass. And of course I wanted too see if the CA songs had more life live than they do on recording. And thankfully they do. However I still don't like them, except for the opportunity they gave me for a beer and a smoke.

Never thought I would have to explain going to a Rush concert on this thread

Got to disagree on the snakes and arrows tour being the best song selection. Though their were some great rare and unexpected cuts, the overall show had a really weird flow to it without much connection between songs, and then to top it off it had the over-done end the main show with Tom Sawyer bit which is a personal pet peeve (I want to see it in a weird spot in the setlist).