NFL pussies compared to the real men of Rugby

Tony R

Heard all this pansy pussy talk about NFL players a bilion times and real men rugby players with cocks hanging down to their ankles. Both types of athletes take hard hits at the pro AND collegiate level. Ripping on yank footballers doesn't make rugby players tougher

Neither sport has anything on hockey. :D

Heard all this pansy pussy talk about NFL players a bilion times and real men rugby players with cocks hanging down to their ankles. Both types of athletes take hard hits at the pro AND collegiate level. Ripping on yank footballers doesn't make rugby players tougher

And once again, hockey players pale in comparison to MMA fighters. Hockey fans, you know how you feel when you see a baseball fight? That's how MMA fans feel when they see a hockey fight.

Ba-da-bing!

:laughing guy: :gumby: :spitwater: :syrinx: :LOL: :ebert: :yes:

• Like 1

If that's a big hit in rugby then then they should avoid playing American football. Hits like that are in every game. I don't need to hear about the padding. Anyone who goes to the pad card is someone that has not seen, touched or worn the pads from American football. They don't do much.

This is bullshit. I watched football players whither and die during tackling drills on a Rugby pitch. So many neck injuries in US Rugby because you can not lead with your head when you don't have a helmet on. And pads make a huge difference.

I guess you need to enlighten us how helmets stop players from having next injuries since they don't. Only thing helmets are trying to do is reduce head injuries. Plenty of players have sustained neck injuries with helmets. As far as my comment being bullshit my point is if that particular hit is considered a big hit I'm not impressed.

Helmets don't stop all concussions but take 'em off and see what happens. Perhaps you should learn a bit about Rugby beyond a sample size of one video before you form an opinion?

Don't worry about Ancient Ways, we have no use for him.

Your world is doing fine?

He's just a waste of time!

And once again, hockey players pale in comparison to MMA fighters. Hockey fans, you know how you feel when you see a baseball fight? That's how MMA fans feel when they see a hockey fight.

Ba-da-bing!

I don't see how a team sport can be compaired with an individual sport. That removes the ba-bing and only leaves you with da. :P

Ba-da-bing!

I don't see how a team sport can be compaired with an individual sport. That removes the ba-bing and only leaves you with da. :P

Err, why? If you can compare a sport where one team plays with sticks and a puck on ice and another plays with a weirdly shaped ball on grass, what the hell is the difference?

We are talking about tough sports, Rugby vs. Football. You brought up Hockey. Not part of the discussion, but OK. Hockey is a tough sport but certainly not as tough as MMA.

Ba-da-bing!

Err, why? If you can compare a sport where one team plays with sticks and a puck on ice and another plays with a weirdly shaped ball on grass, what the hell is the difference?

We are talking about tough sports, Rugby vs. Football. You brought up Hockey. Not part of the discussion, but OK. Hockey is a tough sport but certainly not as tough as MMA.

Because. It's elementary to me. Team sports involve cooperation amongst the team to score points via a goal, touchdown, etc. Boxing, MMA, etc are individual sports that involves scoring points by pummeling your opponent and knocking them into next week.

We'll just disagree then, as I doubt I'll change your mind.

Ba-da-bing!

Because. It's elementary to me. Team sports involve cooperation amongst the team to score points via a goal, touchdown, etc. Boxing, MMA, etc are individual sports that involves scoring points by pummeling your opponent and knocking them into next week.

We'll just disagree then, as I doubt I'll change your mind.

Okey-doke.

You make it all sound so barbaric, though. You don't have to knock someone into next week. You can also break their wrist, hyperextend their elbow and dislocate their shoulder. Or - if you prefer - you can just choke them unconscious. Lotsa options.

I would say that sports where "fighting" is the central component of the competition (and no, I don't include a Bruins game in that category :D ) those athletes are obviously by definition tough. In sports where fighting isn't the central component of the competition, I'd give the nod to hockey players for physical toughness. On the OP, put a Ray Lewis in his prime, or a Brian Urlacher, on the rugby field and I think you'd find a fair amount of fellows on the other team wishing they had pads on.

I would say that sports where "fighting" is the central component of the competition (and no, I don't include a Bruins game in that category :D ) those athletes are obviously by definition tough. In sports where fighting isn't the central component of the competition, I'd give the nod to hockey players for physical toughness. On the OP, put a Ray Lewis in his prime, or a Brian Urlacher, on the rugby field and I think you'd find a fair amount of fellows on the other team wishing they had pads on.

Many a MLB catcher wished for NFL pads when Bo Jackson was rounding 3rd and heading full speed for home...... :o :o :LOL:

Many a MLB catcher wished for NFL pads when Bo Jackson was rounding 3rd and heading full speed for home...... :o :o :LOL:

NFL pads, or new (cleaner) pants? :)

That game where you sweep the ice looks pretty hardcore. They don't wear ANY pads.

That game where you sweep the ice looks pretty hardcore. They don't wear ANY pads.

Curling? I know some curlers (living in MN it's hard not to) and they're BAD ASS...

Curling? I know some curlers (living in MN it's hard not to) and they're BAD ASS...

Bad ass, yes, yet gentle enough to sweep women off their feet.

What woman can resist a man with a broom?

What woman can resist a man with a broom?

"Why yes that is my broom, and yes I'm happy to see you."

On the OP, put a Ray Lewis in his prime, or a Brian Urlacher, on the rugby field and I think you'd find a fair amount of fellows on the other team wishing they had pads on.

Doubt it.

But all things being equal, do we really need a "my dad's bigger than your dad" thread?

All theses athletes, whatever the discipline, take hard knocks.

P.S. Lewis & Urlacher wouldn't have lasted one Rugby League season! :LOL:

On the OP, put a Ray Lewis in his prime, or a Brian Urlacher, on the rugby field and I think you'd find a fair amount of fellows on the other team wishing they had pads on.

Doubt it.

But all things being equal, do we really need a "my dad's bigger than your dad" thread?

:rfl:

Doubt it.

And guys like Slater and Inglis wouldn't last a game in the NFL. The impact is very different.

Doubt it.

And guys like Slater and Inglis wouldn't last a game in the NFL. The impact is very different.

Precisely the point I was making. :ebert:

Doubt it.

Precisely the point I was making. :ebert:

You are quite welcome.

Irish Hurling looks like an absolutely brutal sport

Funnily enough, it's not too bad. It looks like it should be banned, but in the right hands it's a wonderful sport. Yesterday, my company sponsored a Junior Hurling blitz. Teaching kids, ensuring they know the basics before they head off to play in under age tournaments. At least now all players must use helmets. Up to a few years ago helmets were optional!!! Crazy. When you consider the hurl is made of solid ash(when two hurls hit off each other, the pain runs from your fingers to your shoulder, romantically it's called the clash of the ash) and some players have a metal strip across the boss of the hurl. and the ball(Sliotar) is like a rock. They say it's the fastest field sport in the world. We are in the middle of the All Ireland Series right now, and yesterday evening the imperious Kilkenny lost to Dublin. Truly, the hurling world has been turned on its head.

Here's some action for you, I've posted this before:

Well, it is very exciting. I plan to get to Ireland in the next 5 years or so and it is one of the things I really want to experience.

Well, it is very exciting. I plan to get to Ireland in the next 5 years or so and it is one of the things I really want to experience.

Come in the summer, and I will bring you to Croke Park for a big game. You will be my guest.