Which Full Album Would Your Rather Hear Live?

Pars123

Which full album would you rather hear live?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which full album would your rather hear live?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemipsheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

I voted GUP. It was close between GUP and Signals and a distant third was Permanent Waves. I love the older material but honestly the older I get the less desire I have to hear those songs live. I enjoy all of their material and have always embraced their changes in style. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but 80's Rush, to me, is what defined them as Rush.

Hemipsheres

Hemipsheres

Hemipsheres!

Yeah, let's hear that, live, all at once, eh!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202010%20Shoreline/111.jpg

• Like 2

This is a no brainer for me: Caress of Steel. The majority of the album has never been played live, and we have only good recordings for about 8 of the 40 minutes of amazing, epic music on this album.

Having a great live version of this album would do the most to fill the hole of Rush music without good live versions available.

• Like 3

What is pars123 talking about? A bootleg with a full fountain of Lambeth?!!!!! Didn't anyone catch that? Where is this bootleg?

Over the hills and far, far away... in never-never land.

Indeed. A well known (not to Pars123, it seems) hoax.

I would have picked "Hemispheres" as it's my favorite Rush album, but I just think that would be too much for Ged's voice, and I don't know if singing an octave down would work for it.

So I picked 'Permanent Waves", even though most of it's been played live, but seeing 'Jacob's Ladder' live would be worth it.

• Like 1

They could tune down two whole steps for Ged's voice and I would be OK with it if they played Hemispheres. The most musically proficient album I've ever heard... and they were like 26 when they wrote it! An absolute masterpiece.

:notworthy:

• Like 3

This is a no brainer for me: Caress of Steel. The majority of the album has never been played live, and we have only good recordings for about 8 of the 40 minutes of amazing, epic music on this album.

Having a great live version of this album would do the most to fill the hole of Rush music without good live versions available.

As much as I like Lamneth, I'm not sure I'd want to hear the whole thing live. Same with Necromancer. Most of the audience would :zzz: . I do wish they'd play snippets for us, though.
  • Like 1

hemispheres would be the coolest...I would say permanent waves is more realistic but different strings doesn't seem like it'd really get the crowd going.

I think hemispheres could be done, they'd just have to tune down. it'd still sound good.

• Like 1

I've gotta go with Grace Under Pressure, mostly for the second side. Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 3

A Farewell To Kings. Let's dust off those double necks and the chimes :yes:

Edit: Dust off the Kimono's too while your at it

Edited by Narpet
  • Like 3

A Farewell to Kings because it's my favorite album. Hemispheres would be amazing to hear too.
  • Like 2

As much as I like Lamneth, I'm not sure I'd want to hear the whole thing live. Same with Necromancer. Most of the audience would :zzz: . I do wish they'd play snippets for us, though.

The crowd could snooze. I recently played the Necromancer for my friends and they asked me if I was trying to induce them to commit suicide.

It was a pong tournament so the answer was yes.

But still, I love the cinematic energy of the song. The beginning is meant to lull you to sleep, while the middle is an aggressive guitar assault. The end is the weakest section of the song for me, but it always seems romantically positive—the solos exude emotion...I just wish we had a great version live.

I love that early Rush tunes required continued attention...there were many short stories set to song. It's also one of things I love CA, and why I'm so happy that we have almost the entire album live.

• Like 1

But still, I love the cinematic energy of the song. The beginning is meant to lull you to sleep, while the middle is an aggressive guitar assault. The end is the weakest section of the song for me, but it always seems romantically positive—the solos exude emotion...I just wish we had a great version live.

I love the progression of that song so much... how it goes from heavy atmosphere to a swingy sort of groove to a brutal "showdown" section to ultimate triumph.

• Like 1

I can tell that you and I are kindred spirits. :LOL:

• Like 1

Only took 53 years for me to find one....... :LOL:

Only took 53 years for me to find one....... :LOL:

:LOL:

The crowd could snooze. I recently played the Necromancer for my friends and they asked me if I was trying to induce them to commit suicide.

:laughing guy: