Seasonally Influenced Listening

It's raining cats and dogs here in South Texas, which means I have a crazy urge to spin Vapor Trails (sorry goobs). Anyway, that got me to thinking, and sorry if this has been asked before, but do you guys associate any music with any season/weather/time- for whatever reason? Not like Bing Crosby on Christmas, but associations that might seem odd to others. For me:

Heavy rain = Vapor Trails

Early-mid August = Texas country (Creager, Cory Morrow, Cody Canada, etc...)

Early fall = Test for Echo

Cold winter = Porcupine Tree, specifically Lightbulb Sun and The Incident

Christmastime = The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Early spring and my birthday = Presto

How about you guys?

Summer:

Upbeat prog like Yes, The Flower Kings, and Moon Safari (A Doorway To Summer is a fitting album). I tend to listen to a lot of blues and blues rock, like SRV and Joe Bonamassa, during the summer months too.

Fall:

Van der Graaf Generator and Magma first comes to mind. Pretty much any dark or intense (but not necessarily heavy) music to coincide with Halloween.

Winter:

I got into Nick Drake this past winter, and his music is great for the season. Gazpacho and The Gathering (a pretty recent discovery for me) are also good winter bands to me. Some post-rock bands like Sigur Ros are good too.

Spring:

A lot of folk music/folk rock reminds me of spring, but unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the genre yet. Anathema's recent, more positive albums make for good spring music, while their older melancholic albums better fit the winter.

The strongest association I have along these lines is with winter- I associate Simon and Garfunkel's second and third albums (The Sounds of Silence and Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme) with late fall and winter.

Also, Joni Mitchell's Hejira album is perfect for winter time. I suppose that's influenced by the album cover art, but honestly- a cloudy day in the winter, with lots of snow on the ground...put that record on, and it's just perfect.

Let's count all the times Paul Simon uses the word "winter"...or maybe it just seems that way. S&G get my vote for fall music actually.

Well, there's the song Hazy Shade of Winter, which appeared on the Bookends album, and I didn't include that one. But you'rew somewhat right...The Dangling Conversation, etc.

I first got really into their music when I was a freshman in college, and it was during fall quarter, so that has to be why I cited late fall/winter.

Let's count all the times Paul Simon uses the word "winter"...or maybe it just seems that way. S&G get my vote for fall music actually.

Well, there's the song Hazy Shade of Winter, which appeared on the Bookends album, and I didn't include that one. But you'rew somewhat right...The Dangling Conversation, etc.

I first got really into their music when I was a freshman in college, and it was during fall quarter, so that has to be why I cited late fall/winter.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just saying. Although Paul's imagery is often winter themed, their music has a warmth about it rarely matched imo. Yeah I know that sounds a bit trite but whatever..."A winter's day, in a deep and dark December"...

Spring - R.E.M./Out Of Time

Summer - Red Hot Chili Peppers/Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Winter - The Cure/Disintegration

Agreed about Disintegration. It's a perfect rainy/stormy day album as well.