I Really Didn't Like Alex's Speech At All

rushgoober

Can you imagine what it's like for his grandchildren? He's got to be the most fun grandpa in the history of grandpas.

(And no, I cannot believe he is actually a grandfather. Seems like just yesterday he was rockin' the Flock of Seagulls 'do).

• Like 3

I found it entertaining that it was quite obvious that they didn't want to be there and that the induction to such a bullsh*t institution didn't matter to them.
  • Like 3

I found it entertaining that it was quite obvious that they didn't want to be there and that the induction to such a bullsh*t institution didn't matter to them.

It obviously meant something to Neil and Geddy and they were gracious. I thought Alex was pretty cringe worthy. Alex is a very funny guy, but i didn't find him very funny at that moment.

• Like 1

Can you imagine what it's like for his grandchildren? He's got to be the most fun grandpa in the history of grandpas.

(And no, I cannot believe he is actually a grandfather. Seems like just yesterday he was rockin' the Flock of Seagulls 'do).

If his grandkids saw him with that Flock of Seagulls haircut today they would run. They'd run so far away.

• Like 5

It obviously meant something to Neil and Geddy and they were gracious. I thought Alex was pretty cringe worthy. Alex is a very funny guy, but i didn't find him very funny at that moment.

I thought it was absolute genius. When I watched it for the 2nd time I saw much more the intricacies of it. He was playing out the history of Rush and the RRHOF, how they they were hated by the institutions and by the press, the fan backlash, their reluctant acceptance, telling the RRHOF to essentially f*ck off, them being called to be told they won, their reaction, him getting ready for the event, writing the speech, thanking his bandmates and the fans, etc. It's all there, just done with the word blah. Absolute genius. :yes: :ebert: :notworthy:

• Like 10

I thought it was absolute genius. When I watched it for the 2nd time I saw much more the intricacies of it. He was playing out the history of Rush and the RRHOF, how they they were hated by the institutions and by the press, the fan backlash, their reluctant acceptance, telling the RRHOF to essentially f*ck off, them being called to be told they won, their reaction, him getting ready for the event, writing the speech, thanking his bandmates and the fans, etc. It's all there, just done with the word blah. Absolute genius. :yes: :ebert: :notworthy:

Blah!!!

It was brilliant performance art.

A commentary on acceptance into the club with Jimmy Page.... and Abba.

A commentary on Don Henley pompousness and Jan Wenner's little tourist trap memorabilia collection in Cleveland.

It was a big heartfelt thank you to the fans, while thumbing his nose at the establishment.

It was Rock and Roll, baby.

• Like 5

Blah!!!

http://modernreject.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/blah_blah.jpg

• Like 1

Blah!!!

Even better - the Cliff Notes will be easy to memorize, for when you have that surprise essay test on the content of Alex's induction speech. :yes:

I really didn't like Alex's speech at all... in fact, I found it kind of blah.

Hahahaha! Gary! It's a good thing I know you and your sense of humor!

Alex's speech was FUKKING EPIC live.

I'm still buzzing from last night.

It was one of the most incredible nights of my life.

I just read an article where Grohl said that his "Hero" made him a cup of coffee. NEIL!

Signed,

"Everybody's Hero"

PS: I had the luck of bumping into Jack Blades twice on this overnight trip.

Of course Jack is the lead singer, bassist from Night Ranger.

Wendy and I talked to Jack yesterday before the show and he told me that Rush killed it during the rehearsal.

Well today we landed back in Oakland and guess who was on the same flight? Jack!

We talked for many minutes about the show last night. Of course Jack was backstage.

He told me that Neil was so nervous before the show that he was sweating bullets.

Neil told Jack that he hates giving speeches and that he hates talking in front of crowds.

Blades told Neil to relax and that he would be fine!

Crazy shit man!

Everyone thought that Public Enemy was absolutely the worst with their long, boring drawn out speeches.

To be honest I thought that Alex's speech was actually paying homage to Quincy Jones, Flava Flav and Chuck D.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH FUKKKKKING BLAH!!!!

Last nights Induction lasted 5 hours!!!!

When they show this program on HBO in a month how long will it be? TWO HOURS?

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

Always loved Alex's speech at the Canadian Music Hall of Fame Induction ceremony when he pulled out a piece of paper and read his grocery list.

I remember that.

EPIC!

ALEX RULES!

RUSH IS THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!

• Like 1

:LOL:

sometimes its not what you say but how you say it.

it was BRILLIANT open to interpretation, for me IT conveyed a big finger to mr weiner and other authoritative media ...RS.

GENIUS

• Like 3

:LOL:

sometimes its not what you say but how you say it.

it was BRILLIANT open to interpretation, for me IT conveyed a big finger to mr weiner and other authoritative media ...RS.

GENIUS

Indeed!

GENIUS!

A Blah middle finger to that tit, the RRHOF and ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE!

I can't stand Don Henley but even he ripped those morons last night who run the Rap And Redundant Hall Of Flame!

I've watched it a couple of times now, and I totally agree. To each their own I suppose but I didn't find it to be all that funny. To me, it's a bit awkward to watch. From what I can tell from Ged's and Neil's reactions, they thought it was amusing at first, but towards the end, they clearly seem to be done with it.

If his grandkids saw him with that Flock of Seagulls haircut today they would run. They'd run so far away.

They'd HAVE TO get away.

Hahahaha! Gary! It's a good thing I know you and your sense of humor!

Alex's speech was FUKKING EPIC live.

I'm still buzzing from last night.

It was one of the most incredible nights of my life.

I just read an article where Grohl said that his "Hero" made him a cup of coffee. NEIL!

Signed,

"Everybody's Hero"

PS: I had the luck of bumping into Jack Blades twice on this overnight trip.

Of course Jack is the lead singer, bassist from Night Ranger.

Wendy and I talked to Jack yesterday before the show and he told me that Rush killed it during the rehearsal.

Well today we landed back in Oakland and guess who was on the same flight? Jack!

We talked for many minutes about the show last night. Of course Jack was backstage.

He told me that Neil was so nervous before the show that he was sweating bullets.

Neil told Jack that he hates giving speeches and that he hates talking in front of crowds.

Blades told Neil to relax and that he would be fine!

Crazy shit man!

Everyone thought that Public Enemy was absolutely the worst with their long, boring drawn out speeches.

To be honest I thought that Alex's speech was actually paying homage to Quincy Jones, Flava Flav and Chuck D.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH FUKKKKKING BLAH!!!!

Last nights Induction lasted 5 hours!!!!

When they show this program on HBO in a month how long will it be? TWO HOURS?

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

I remember towards the end of Flava Flav's yapping, he started counting out his 8 kids on his hand to make sure he didn't forget them all and then to see Alex mimic that was priceless.