Japan Tsunami Video

Wow, what a video. I wonder what was being said - I don't speak Japanese. :unsure:

I did translate some of the comments though and there is quite a heated political exchange going on in the comments section - quite unnecessary from my point of view considering the devastation and loss of life meted out by nature. Good to see that trolling occurs in all languages though? :eyeroll: :wtf:

I wonder what happened to the guy who got out of the car. At least he was considerate enough to close the door. :o And what was it that the car finally ran into? Did the occupants survive? Devastating and very sad but truly awesome to behold.

f*cked Up

I didn't know cars could float like that.

Welcome to TRF!

What I thought was interesting was the electrical systems kept working. I think it would really suck to be in that situation.

It sucks to have to work overtime and not get paid for it. This goes far beyond "..would really suck to be in that situation"

Now you know what it feels like to have your life flash before your eyes...very scary stuff indeed!! Being on the edge of death sure is a reality check....Makes you value what you have....

RIP for all those lost that fateful day!! :rose:

Now you know what it feels like to have your life flash before your eyes...very scary stuff indeed!! Being on the edge of death sure is a reality check....Makes you value what you have....

Yes.

I wonder if they were aware of their situation or if they thought the water would subside and everything would be fine. Part of me thinks that way whenever I see footage of a tsunami.

Yes.

I wonder if they were aware of their situation or if they thought the water would subside and everything would be fine. Part of me thinks that way whenever I see footage of a tsunami.

Yeah.

Yes.

Yeah.

This. When the first videos of the tsunami came out, i watched them endlessly and thought probably far too much about the people who drowned. The enormous volume of water just poured in and didn't stop. I kind of think that a lot of the people who lost their lives just did not even have the time to realize what was going on.

Yes.

I wonder if they were aware of their situation or if they thought the water would subside and everything would be fine. Part of me thinks that

way whenever I see footage of a tsunami.

The dude in the car pretty much knew how terrible a spot he was in. The commentator was saying that the guy didn't know when he should try to get out of his car. It all happened so fast (as we could see) that he just didn't know what to do. I don't think for one second that the driver thought everything was going to be fine. At most I guess he was thinking, "God, please stop this". The reason he had a vid camera in the first place was a completely unrelated thang

Wow, what a video. I wonder what was being said - I don't speak Japanese. :unsure:

I did translate some of the comments though and there is quite a heated political exchange going on in the comments section - quite unnecessary from my point of view considering the devastation and loss of life meted out by nature. Good to see that trolling occurs in all languages though? :eyeroll: :wtf:

I wonder what happened to the guy who got out of the car. At least he was considerate enough to close the door. :o And what was it that the car finally ran into? Did the occupants survive? Devastating and very sad but truly awesome to behold.

I didn't see your post before but I answered some of your questions in my last post. The driver was a typical Japanese salaryman and most of the news commentary was about the earthquake that preceded it, how fast it all occurred, etc. At the end his car rammed into a building. I'm assuming the guy managed to survive (but I didn't actually catch if he did or not). And I don't want to bother to read those negative comments over an unpreventable act of nature

Edited by JohnnyBlaze