The Anarchist Single

Dscrapre

First of all I'm super happy that the new single off CA is the Anarchist, which is not only the best song on the album, but one of the best they've ever done. :finbar:

Now, here's what I'm wondering, how would a regular Joe like myself go about getting a physical copy of the single CD? I'd really like to track this one down.

Edited by Dscrapre
  • Like 3

I don't think Rush releases physical singles anymore. They did release a physical Caravan/BU2B, but that was like a year before Clockwork Angels was released. I've heard of no HF or Wreckers physical single releases.

I'm glad this is a single. It's a natural choice because it's so f***ing great.

:hail: :rush:

• Like 2

I agree with 'The Anarchist' being such an awesome choice for a single - it really, really rocks. I just can't get enough of it, but I limit its play so that I don't start getting overfamiliar with it above its peers, ya know?

And I don't know about physical single copies - I'd agree with checking out Rush.com or amazon. Or, if you can find the single artwork kicking around (as was for 'Headlong Flight' and 'The Wreckers'), you could at least print out a copy of that, or store it on your computer or what have you....

And, incidentally, the only time I've ever bought a single, is when I was in San Francisco in 2000 for a Metallica show. I went to a record store (well, cd store) and happened to come across Metallica's 'Die Die My Darling' single, and bought it just because it had a b-side live version of 'Mercyful Fate' - 11 minutes of epic Metallica!

But anyway....

I don't think Rush releases physical singles anymore. They did release a physical Caravan/BU2B, but that was like a year before Clockwork Angels was released. I've heard of no HF or Wreckers physical single releases.

Completely agree. I was kind of torn from what they were going to choose. I was guessing either Clockwork Angels or The Anarchist. Glad it was Anarchist. Bass is destructive in the song and fun to play.

See, it's not a regular release, it's a Promotional CD that's meant for airplay. http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/single-the-anarchist.php

See, it's not a regular release, it's a Promotional CD that's meant for airplay. http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/single-the-anarchist.php

Oh shnikes. Sounds like you'd have to "know" someone, or eBay. Good luck with that one.

The whole concept of a "single" seems almost meaningless at this point, especially for a group like Rush. The album has been out for several months. Will this single really get them more airplay, more publicity and result in more album sales this late in the game? I kinda doubt it...
  • Like 1

Are they making a single edit for "The Anarchist"?

Yes, check out that promo single cd. There's a radio edit.

Heard it on the radio today... beginning is different, no "ohh they tried to get me..."

I didn't know this was out. I still only have the generic Headlong Flight single.

I only just completed my Snakes And Arrows promo single collection last year.

They keep getting harder and harder to find.

Why not? It has a nice groove and a dandy Lifeson guitar manifesto! Upon my first listen to CA, I liked this song the best as far as "catchiest rift" should Rush decide to make it a single. Whatever that means in 2013. You never know what might catch the fancy of the world given a little extra publicity.

Why not? It has a nice groove and a dandy Lifeson guitar manifesto! Upon my first listen to CA, I liked this song the best as far as "catchiest rift" should Rush decide to make it a single. Whatever that means in 2013. You never know what might catch the fancy of the world given a little extra publicity.

I've often said before, that if Far Cry didn't makes S&A a million-seller, then no single from Rush at this point is going to make more than a very minimal impact. That song had commercial potential written all over it, it's just that this kind of music isn't mainstream anymore. It's nice that they make singles, and it probably helps the group with a couple/few thousand more album sales right when the record is first released, but mostly it's hardcore fans buying new Rush albums these days, and the people that they influence. Also, I bet the impact of the Rush documentary ended up selling them more copies of Clockwork Angels then Headlong Flight ever did. It doesn't matter how great a song that was, or the Anarchist is, the general public is just disinterested.

Hi There,

I came across this while doing my own search for the new Anarchist single and decided to add a few thoughts ;^) This single will be a "promotional use only copy" for the press and radio, so it will be difficult to find. Right now the hardcore collectors like myself will be looking very hard for this new one, so if it does show up on ebay, it will be pricy in the beginning for sure. If it is anything like the last singles, I would recommend holding out to see if you can find an UK/EU copy if/when they release it because the others from CA have been factory pressed discs with a nice full color card sleeve, rather than a more generic looking CD-R like the USA ones have been :^) Just a few thoughts on that part.

For those who question why they would release another single from Clockwork Angels at this point I wanted to say this. Maybe they are not releasing it to promote more CA sales, maybe they are trying to promote themselves and their ongoing tour??? Rush usually puts out four singles from each album, historically speaking, even if it sometimes leaks over into one of their live albums like "Workin Them Angels" did with S&A Live

That's my two cents there, for all those looking for this Anarchist single I say GOOD LUCK! :^)

I managed to find a copy of Headlong Flight on Ebay. No cover for it though. :(

Sounds like the generic Roadrunner promo with the album version and the edit. Haven't spotted that one yet.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rush-The-Anarchist-1-Track-UK-Promo-MINT-/00/s/NDgwWDU1Mw==/z/6TUAAMXQwKdRdTLx/$(KGrHqQOKo8E7E,p6uISBRdTL)0N,w~~60_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_208wt_1015

I found this one ebay and figured some of you would be interested to see what the UK version of this single looks like. I think maybe the earlier photo on this post was a "concept photo" of what it might look like, this is it for sure. Many, many hardcore collectors will be bidding here before this ends, but at least we have a actual photo of what this single looks like. Again this is the UK version and the listing states it is a 1 track single, so there may be a 2 track version some time also :^) :7up: :yay: :rush: :haz:

GOOD LUCK IF YOU DO BID HERE, IT WILL NOT BE CHEAP :codger: