I finally got to make an Airplane! reference!!!

Mara

We've had a rainy night and a drizzly morning. It's tapered off mostly but outside it's still cold and grey.

So one of my fellow workers comes back from lunch, and another project manager who sits in the bullpen behind mine asks, "Is it still raining?"

Co-worker responds, "No, but the fog is getting thicker."

Cue Mara, in a gleeful near-shout, "AND LEON'S GETTING LARGER!" I never, ever think quickly enough in these situations, but this time I timed it perfectly. I am so proud of my moment of quick-wittedness.

Best part - almost everyone got it and cracked up; someone remarked, "looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue."

• Like 8

We've had a rainy night and a drizzly morning. It's tapered off mostly but outside it's still cold and grey.

So one of my fellow workers comes back from lunch, and another project manager who sits in the bullpen behind mine asks, "Is it still raining?"

Cue Mara, in a gleeful near-shout, "AND LEON'S GETTING LARGER!" I never, ever think quickly enough in these situations, but this time I timed it perfectly. I am so proud of my moment of quick-wittedness.

Best part - almost everyone got it and cracked up; someone remarked, "looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue."

Excellent! I got to use the Leon reference once, and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. AIRPLANE!...the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

Excellent! I got to use the Leon reference once, and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. AIRPLANE!...the gift that keeps on giving.

I thought jelly of the month is the gift that keeps giving

OK Eddie. :LOL:

OK Eddie. :LOL:

Shitter's full!

Thankfully everyone got the joke. I find with cultural reference points, that if you're not speaking to people in your age range, they just won't get it. A few weeks ago I was with some people in their 20's and early 30's, and at some point I made some really funny joke involving Bananarama. They just looked at me. They didn't know who Bananarama was. :unsure:

......I thought you might like some coffee. Cream? Edited by Principled Man

Isn't it great when you get to throw an 'Airplane!' line out there? I like to use my favorite after a loooooooong, exhausting day with the kids...

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

I'm a millwright and I used to work at a print shop and occasionally had to work with an operator named Clarence to help set up his printing press.. Few times I had the opportunity to say "do we have clearance Clarence??" Lol and for a while my manager was Victor so when he looked confused I'd say "what's your vector Victor??" ..Too bad there was no Roger there lol

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.