Planet named after Neil

The Killer Rabbit

I never knew this, but after doing some astronomy searching, I found to my pleasant surprise Neil has a minor cataloged planet named after him named "23469 Neilpeart".

I did not know this..interesting.

Here is a link to said planet http://www.cbat.eps.harvard.edu/special/rocknroll/0023469.html

• Like 1

No, its an actual planet..

Very large asteroids that dont make it to planet status like mercury etc, but have an orbit around the sun.

I was just having some fun, sorry. I read the thing about the scientist at Palomar naming it after him.

The planet Peart, where everyone hides from their fans and tries to get on with their life in peace but people keep peering in their windows. But on this planet somehow it's other Neils that do the peering. Finally Peart can get his own back on someone...himself... :AlienSmiley:
  • Like 1

The planet Peart, where everyone hides from their fans and tries to get on with their life in peace but people keep peering in their windows. But on this planet somehow it's other Neils that do the peering. Finally Peart can get his own back on someone...himself... :AlienSmiley:

Not sure what that means but obviously some people will never understand shy personalities..

The line goes "I CAN'T pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend'".. Not "I REFUSE to pretend..." This isn't meant as a rant or anything but I can relate to being misunderstood because of shyness. It's funny how people don't understand..

But any ways, how close is Neil's planet to Cygnus?? Or Sirius for that matter?? :P

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

I half expected this to be some troll topic where the planet was "Uranus" but was pleasantly surprised!

Is it like one of those things you could purchase... like with stars... to get them named after you?

http://www.nameastar.net/

Honestly I can't think of a bigger waste of money than these types of things but I'm sure it exists.

Not sure what that means but obviously some people will never understand shy personalities..

The line goes "I CAN'T pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend'".. Not "I REFUSE to pretend..." This isn't meant as a rant or anything but I can relate to being misunderstood because of shyness. It's funny how people don't understand..

But any ways, how close is Neil's planet to Cygnus?? Or Sirius for that matter?? :P

It's nowhere near Sirius, Geddy and Alex do all the radio interviews!

• Like 1

Is it like one of those things you could purchase... like with stars... to get them named after you?

http://www.nameastar.net/

Honestly I can't think of a bigger waste of money than these types of things but I'm sure it exists.

In my opinion and experiance, investing in someones heart is priceless no matter how cheesy it can be. The point is made that u will fritter away money to make someone else happy which is of course the point of rolling the bones.

I named these asteroids a few years ago. I had already done the wife, kids and grandmother and had a few more to name. Due to there already being a Lee, I went with Glee for Geddy. I didn't know the UFO tour story at the time, nor did I expect the TV show to come along, but the damage is done...

Those slippers will look smashing with that robe Glee! that's awesome lol

Edited by MMCXII

I half expected this to be some troll topic where the planet was "Uranus" but was pleasantly surprised!

I assumed it would be "Planet f***ing Awesome".

I am an optimist.