VIP ticket experiences, quality of tickets obtained

Jeffrey

I got VIP for the Washington DC show. Logged in within seconds of them going on sale. Ended up with 3rd row. To me, it was 'sort of' worth it. I have a decent job and only bought the 1 ticket, so it didn't really put me back financially. The VIP extras were all a bunch of crap for the most part and didn't show up until 2 months after the show.

I have had shitty luck in the past in getting decent seats the previous 4 tours. I figured I won't have many more chances to see them and wanted good seats one last time. Back in the 80's/90's, I always had good seats. I have no regrets. Next show I will probably go back to taking my chances with Ticketbastard and will wind up with shitty seats again.

What kind of quality of front of the house seats have you obtained via the VIP ticket? Was the price premium worth it? If you purchased the VIP package early in the process, did you obtain tickets within the first 1-3 rows?

That's the problem with those VIP seats, and frankly, I don't understand why as with other seats, they can't be selected live.

I've been going w/ my 11 YO son recently and I'm not about to drop that kind of coin, particularly when we really don't have it as disposable income, to hope that we get good seats and seats where his view will be blocked by other taller people around him.

As someone else pointed out tho, and as I and no doubt most others agree with, Rush puts on such a show that if you're too close it's easy to miss the "big picture" of it all. Understandably, for someone that's gone to multiple shows there's obviously some value in merely sitting close too.

I wish that just the tix were available instead of the entire package. I agree with the first poster that most of the stuff is crap unless you're into that stuff. The M&G is cool if you get that, but even then, it's value is limited.

Unfortunately that's just the way that the industry is these days. Personally, I prefer seats in the front row of a slightly elevated section, i.e., first off the floor, so that I don't have to stand for half the show just to see. That's what I got for Baltimore this year. I had the same question that you had tho and posted as much, but got no replies before the first tix for the second NA leg went on sale. I didn't start a topic w/ it tho.

BTW, you might have more luck trying craigslist or something prior to the show that you want to see. I remember a few tix being available for a couple of shows for this tour when I was looking, sometimes by true fans wanting other fans to benefit. Sometimes they want the "crap" but can't make the show and will sell the tix for less. At least you know where they are, eh.

I got VIP for the Washington DC show. Logged in within seconds of them going on sale. Ended up with 3rd row. To me, it was 'sort of' worth it. I have a decent job and only bought the 1 ticket, so it didn't really put me back financially. The VIP extras were all a bunch of crap for the most part and didn't show up until 2 months after the show.

I have had shitty luck in the past in getting decent seats the previous 4 tours. I figured I won't have many more chances to see them and wanted good seats one last time. Back in the 80's/90's, I always had good seats. I have no regrets. Next show I will probably go back to taking my chances with Ticketbastard and will wind up with shitty seats again.

You goin' to the B-more show?

We did VIP for three shows. The middle show, in Los Angeles was the only show where we didn't get close at all. I believe they didn't include the pit section in the VIP seating or it may have been because I purchased my tickets in Anaheim first before moving on to L.A., Anaheim I purchased the minute they went on sale and San Diego as well.

At the Anaheim show we were directly in front of Alex's mic and in San Diego I was right in front of Geddy (a Geddycorn dream come true). :heart: :heart: :heart:

Anyway, it is worth it if you are logged into Ticketmaster and can get on right at noon when they go on sale. But Wingmaster does have a good point. When you aren't in the elevated seats you really miss the lights and other aspects of the presentation. But it depends on if that matters to you or not. I was more excited about being close enough to watch the band play and interact.

I really hate the waiting game though. I mean we bought tickets around April (?) when they went on sale and didn't know where we were going to be until we got there.

Wingmaster and all (to date), thanks for your replies. When I am at a Rush show, I don't see anything except those 3 guys on stage so I'm okay with missing the rest of it being so close. Having said that, I did see those photos linked to the Howard interview and was quite surprised at all the fine shots from afar.

I got VIP tix for both my 2012 shows in Indy & Chicago! My check out times were 4:30 pm & 12:10 pm respectively; I got 4th row in front of Alex in Indy at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and 14th row center in Chicago at United Center. Both locations were just great for me as these were my first shows believe it or not (I've been a fan since '80) VIP is the way to go to ensure great seats without being too far back on the floor if you're willing to stand all night. I'm 5'5" and I could still see everything in Chicago without being on my tippy toes. (I guess I got lucky that I didn't have any 6 footers in front of me).

Will do VIP again for upcoming Hershey, Chicago, Milwaukee, etc, etc... (yes, I'm making up for lost time here...)

Got a VIP package as well thru Ticketmaster for the RRHOF induction.....All well worth every penny, including the all swag to add to my :rush: collection.

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

• Like 1

How big is the t-shirt that comes with it? I'm a pretty husky guy, so I don't want to get a VIP package and then get a medium shirt lol. I know the ticket is the most important, but I wouldn't mind a nice shirt to actually wear too.

You get to pick your size during the check out process

How big is the t-shirt that comes with it? I'm a pretty husky guy, so I don't want to get a VIP package and then get a medium shirt lol. I know the ticket is the most important, but I wouldn't mind a nice shirt to actually wear too.

You select the size shirt (S-XXL) when you order the VIP package. As other's have said, get the VIP package for the good seats...the swag is nothing to write home about. I would prefer they dont offer swag w/ the tix and just lower the cost 20 bucks or so.

Although nervous about not knowing where we were sitting until we arrived at the venue, it worked out great. We'll do VIP again, probably Hershey on this next leg.

I think a lot of it depends on how many tickets you're buying. I bought VIP tickets for Atlanta about a month before the concert and got 6th row. Just bought the one ticket though.

I think it depends more on which show it is and how soon after they go on sale you buy them. I got a single ticket for Newark, but had to wait til the day after the presale started. Got 15th row. If you can get into your order in the first seconds the packages go live, then it's worth it.

I have went the VIP way three times. I probably will not do it again because I generally prefer sitting back further to catch the whole stage dynamic. I would use VIP if I never had the chance to score 10th (TM Show - Pittsburgh, Pa), 3rd (Bristow, VA - TM Tour), and 1st row tickets (Pittsburgh, Pa - CA Tour).

It was well worth it to me.

TM tour you knew where you were sitting. CA Tour it was a surprise - being one who enjoys surprises, I was not put off by the fact that I did not know where my seats were. Knowing that I would be seing Rush was good enough for me.
  • Like 1

I suppose they're trying to minimalize the amount of scalping that goes on, or at least give the appearance of trying.. I think it actually pushes the more anxious fans toward scalpers. I think they should limit VIP to at least the first 10 rows if not 5. That way I don't have as much seat-envy when I come read posts here about all the people getting row 1-4, while I sat in row 15.

I know there is really no way to tell. I'm curious if the VIP tickets are assigned based on when you select the number you want (when the 10 min countdown clock starts to complete the purchase). Or when the purchase is complete (when you receive the email).

I'm trying the VIP this leg since most people were very satisfied last time. Logged in the second they went on sale.

Austin, TX - email time of 12:00:26

Halifax, NS - email time of 10:00:32

I know there is really no way to tell. I'm curious if the VIP tickets are assigned based on when you select the number you want (when the 10 min countdown clock starts to complete the purchase). Or when the purchase is complete (when you receive the email).

I'm trying the VIP this leg since most people were very satisfied last time. Logged in the second they went on sale.

Austin, TX - email time of 12:00:26

Halifax, NS - email time of 10:00:32

I

I'm wondering the same thing, but nobody seems to know for sure. I logged in the second the tix went on sale for Portland, but my e-mail time is 12:05. I'm hoping for the best!