The Five Best Thrash Albums

Tombstone Mountain

Would anyone consider Helmet thrash?

If so, I would add Meantime to the list.

I would say they are more hardcore/punk metal , it's a great album , so sure , lets add it!

I would say they are more hardcore/punk metal , it's a great album , so sure , lets add it!

:haz:

What about Ministry? Psalm 69 is pretty bad ass.

Yup, that's another one. Not like traditional thrash, but obviously influenced by that style, even though guys like Hamilton and jourgenson came from the hardcore/ punk/ industrial world. But you can't deny the bad ass riffery that rivals many of thrashes finest. The aesthetics are different, but it all rocks just the same.

Yup, that's another one. Not like traditional thrash, but obviously influenced by that style, even though guys like Hamilton and jourgenson came from the hardcore/ punk/ industrial world. But you can't deny the bad ass riffery that rivals many of thrashes finest. The aesthetics are different, but it all rocks just the same.

I love my music HARD...but my taste certainly lean more towards the punk/industrial world. :)

Slayer -Reign In Blood

Metallica -Master Of Puppets

Exodus -Bonded By Blood

Sepultura -Arise

Possessed -Beyond The Gates / Overkill - The Years Of Decay [ This is a tie for me]

I love my music HARD...but my taste certainly lean more towards the punk/industrial world. :)

That style combo is great. Are you familiar with Prong? Another cool hardcore/metal/ industrial flavor band.

In my top 5

Rust in Peace by Megadeth.

Skullcrushing. Perhaps my second favorite drum album of all time. The lineup is Megadeth at their best. the production is well done and the songs absolutely still blow me away

In my top 5

Skullcrushing. Perhaps my second favorite drum album of all time. The lineup is Megadeth at their best. the production is well done and the songs absolutely still blow me away

Also in my top 5

Beneath the Remains

Sepultura

WOW!!!

I consider this album thrash...however many may disagree. I had to include it in my top 5.

Judas Priest—Painkiller

Slayer—Reign in Blood

Perhaps the finest hour of drumming for this genre...Menza is close, but he's no Dave Lombardo.

I havent listened to a lot of thrash, so i can just name the ones i have activelly looked for, which are normally the highest rated ones (i wont listen to garbage voluntarily). So at risk of sound a little obvious:

5. Among the Living - Anthrax

4. Rust in Peace - Megadeth

3. The American Way - Sacred Reich

2. Reign in Blood - Slayer

1. ...And Justice for All - Metallica

Yes, no Master of Puppets. I think thats a great album, but ...And Justice for All is far superior musically (even with no bass).

• Like 1

Yes, no Master of Puppets. I think thats a great album, but ...And Justice for All is far superior musically (even with no bass).

Yup, MoP is overrated (although it does contain a few classics), AJFA is far more interesting. Their peak, no question.

• Like 1

In my top 5

In my top 5

Also in my top 5

Beneath the Remains

Sepultura

WOW!!!

I consider this album thrash...however many may disagree. I had to include it in my top 5.

Judas Priest—Painkiller

Slayer—Reign in Blood

Perhaps the finest hour of drumming for this genre...Menza is close, but he's no Dave Lombardo.

Metallica—And Justice for All—thier best work, even without a discernible bass guitar on the record.

That style combo is great. Are you familiar with Prong? Another cool hardcore/metal/ industrial flavor band.

I've heard of Prong. I'll check them out. :cheers:

my fav thrash drummer is gene hoglan I think...dark angel's darkness descends

I just ordered this on c.d. from Amazon for 6 bucks , i have the cass tape somewhere lol

I've heard of Prong. I'll check them out. :cheers:

Unconditional by Prong.. Check it out..

I haven't picked out my top 5 yet, but Rust in Peace is definitely in there. It's my favorite Megadeth album. :)

In with a bullet..I'm still thinking on the other two... :hail:

1. Seasons in the Abyss

2. Among the Living

3. And Justice For All

my fav thrash drummer is gene hoglan I think...dark angel's darkness descends

I just ordered this on c.d. from Amazon for 6 bucks , i have the cass tape somewhere lol

it kicks ass, their 4th album time does not heal is killer too

1. Master Of Puppets—Metallica (greatest metal album, period)

2. Reign In Blood—Slayer

3. Ride The Lightning—Metallica

4. Among The Living—Anthrax

5. (TIE) Pleasures Of The Flesh—Exodus /Peace Sells—Megadeth

Honorable Mentions to:

Slayer—Show No Mercy, South Of Heaven

Exodus—Bonded By Blood, Tempo Of The Damned

Anthrax—Spreading The Disease

Testament—The Legacy

Sepultura—Arise, Chaos AD

Kreator—Terrible Certainty, Extreme Aggression

Sacred Reich—Ignorance

Death Angel—Act III

Probably a bunch of albums I forgot. Some of this shit I haven't listened to in over 20 years...

• Like 2