The Following (Un-#$%^ing-believable)

Rick N. Backer

Originally I thought Joe was most definitely dead. The more I think about it, the less convinced I am. Emma's a good character, but she's another one of the "broken" types Joe built his cult out of. Joe was the charismatic leader. There's no reason to think Emma or Mollie could have "followers."

Same deal with Claire. I just don't know.

The scene where Ryan shot the follower after they find Parker was good, if nicked from Se7en. What's the deal with her family background in a cult, and her giving a book to Joe back around episode 3 or so?

Lots of unanswered questions

I thought I was the only one that noticed Parker giving Joe a book.

I thought she was one of his followers too!

I'm still not sure exactly what that was all about. Maybe at the time the writers were undecided as to whether or not she was a member. They included that scene to cast some doubt on her, or maybe just to keep us guessing up until they killed her, at which point we would know she wasn't a member.

It would make sense that maybe she gave the book to Joe to play a kind of head game with him. Maybe make him think that she was on his side so maybe he'd open up to her, or at least not target her.

I'm glad they didn't go the route of making her a member who turned on Ryan. It was getting a bit tiring seeing how far Joe's tentacles reached.

• Like 2

Originally I thought Joe was most definitely dead. The more I think about it, the less convinced I am. Emma's a good character, but she's another one of the "broken" types Joe built his cult out of. Joe was the charismatic leader. There's no reason to think Emma or Mollie could have "followers."

The scene where Ryan shot the follower after they find Parker was good, if nicked from Se7en. What's the deal with her family background in a cult, and her giving a book to Joe back around episode 3 or so?

I'm still not sure exactly what that was all about. Maybe at the time the writers were undecided as to whether or not she was a member. They included that scene to cast some doubt on her, or maybe just to keep us guessing up until they killed her, at which point we would know she wasn't a member.

It would make sense that maybe she gave the book to Joe to play a kind of head game with him. Maybe make him think that she was on his side so maybe he'd open up to her, or at least not target her.

I'm glad they didn't go the route of making her a member who turned on Ryan. It was getting a bit tiring seeing how far Joe's tentacles reached.

Okay, maybe so. But, in a previous post maybe her sister will come.

But, maybe she's not dead. Well it could be. Set up to look like it. It could be.

Okay, far fetched, but in the movie THE ILLOUSIONIST it was done.

I better go now before everyone who reads this thinks me mad....lol

• Like 1

Okay, maybe so. But, in a previous post maybe her sister will come.

But, maybe she's not dead. Well it could be. Set up to look like it. It could be.

Okay, far fetched, but in the movie THE ILLOUSIONIST it was done.

I better go now before everyone who reads this thinks me mad....lol

You had me until the mentioned The Illusionist.

:LOL:

• Like 1

I did too. Particularly where, an episode or two later, she tells Ryan she thinks it's time she and Joe meet. She had already met him.

Maybe that was just a loose end that they never did anything with.

I did too. Particularly where, an episode or two later, she tells Ryan she thinks it's time she and Joe meet. She had already met him.

You know If you hadn't said that Parker told Ryan "it's time to meet Joe", I never would have recalled that! Wow.

I really am looking forward to see what happens next season!

You know If you hadn't said that Parker told Ryan "it's time to meet Joe", I never would have recalled that! Wow.

That's what made me think she was a follower.

Me too, I think we discussed that back when it happened. I'm guessing they did that to keep the audience guessing. With all the people popping up in his cult, they wanted to keep us on our toes.

As frustrated as I was at times with the show, not having it on last night seemed strange in a way.

Me too, I think we discussed that back when it happened. I'm guessing they did that to keep the audience guessing. With all the people popping up in his cult, they wanted to keep us on our toes.

As frustrated as I was at times with the show, not having it on last night seemed strange in a way.

LIX, I wanted to change the channel to Fox at 8pm...my time here.

It did seem strange.

I did change channel to see if they replayed the finale....

Ummm...I was watching Dancing With The stars....don't judge me...LOL

It did seem strange.

Judged!

I think that is the most likely explanation.

It did seem strange.

Judged!

Why you....

It did seem strange.

Judged!

Why you....

:wub:

We did. I think Sheldon's probably right, they were thinking of going that way at one time, or at least leaving the possibility open, and then just let it go.

LIX, are you surprised I'm here.

Miss you.

Hope things are going well! Glad to see you around!

Pretty much lined up with many of our guesses from the finale.... I have a bad feeling about season 2. I think it may be horrible.

• Like 1

I had the whole thing saved on DVR and finally finished it last night. Wow. It certainly got better as it went along. About half way through I thought it was a little hit or miss and was thinking of giving up on it. Great cliffhanger. My first thought was that the first few episodes next season would be funeral after funeral after funeral.

Anyone watch? I have not.

I DVRd it but haven't watched it yet.

Where've you been? Good to have you back.

Work work work. And a little vacation thrown in there, which unfortunately was constantly interrupted by work.

I haven't watched it all yet but if you DVR'd it then you got screwed. They ran the episode after the NFC championship game and the episode started ten minutes early. I know it's hard to predict when a live football playoff game will end but the new episode was scheduled for 10:30 and they started it ten minutes ahead.

Stupid way to do the season premier if you ask me. People who didn't see the first season would be completely lost and odds are they won't gain many new viewers that way. This isn't one of those shows where you can just start watching in the middle of it's run and everything will be fine.

OH Lix! you're here. I should talk. I haven't been that active here.

I didn't watch it because I watched the finale of Betrayal.

Okay, J2112yyz...they're going to replay it next Monday and have a new episode also.

That Kevin Bacon was on the morning show and he said so.