NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Hawks-Stars tomorrow night :madra:

Hope to see you here. Beer's on me. ;)

No Natural Light this time. That was just nasty Robert.

I agree. I'm no frat star.

:LOL: Haven't had Natural in ages. I bet it's still better than Old Style. :P

Wait, the Leafs actually beat the Penguins last night? I didn't just dream that?

I was listening to Toronto radio hours before the game. They were ready to roll over and play dead. :LOL:

Same with all the bloggers. First game of the season against a truly elite opponent (sorry Phil and alphseeker) and Reimer's first appearance in net. Of course, Lupul got himself hurt and will miss 4-6 weeks, so I guess balance was partially restored to the universe.

And the Canucks got their first W, courtesy of one Zack Kassian.

Debating on whether or not to go tonight.. Could get some tickets for $15.

You lucky southern fans... :madra:

I'd watch a full arena from home any day.. But when it's really cheap, might as well help the team fill the arena :D

I'd watch a full arena from home any day.. But when it's really cheap, might as well help the team fill the arena :D

got two tickets for $12 a piece

Lucky bastard. If you want to go to a Hawks game, the only tickets that are available are usually the $100+ seats near the ice, or scalped tickets going for twice face value. :rage: I used to go to 4-8 games a year...but since they won the cup, they are the hardest ticket to land in Chicago.

:LOL: Haven't had Natural in ages. I bet it's still better than Old Style. :P

I think Natural Light is the stuff that is spilt at the Budweiser plant, and squeegeed up. It's far worse than Old Style. The only thing that I would ever use either of those beers for is cooking bratwurst. :LOL:

• Like 1

Lucky bastard. If you want to go to a Hawks game, the only tickets that are available are usually the $100+ seats near the ice, or scalped tickets going for twice face value. :rage: I used to go to 4-8 games a year...but since they won the cup, they are the hardest ticket to land in Chicago.

I grew up in Toronto and live in Vancouver, so $12 to see an NHL game is just not something I can conceive of. I can't wrap my brain around it. At Rogers Arena, that gets you a shitty beer and Skytrain fare.

I grew up in Toronto and live in Vancouver, so $12 to see an NHL game is just not something I can conceive of. I can't wrap my brain around it. At Rogers Arena, that gets you a shitty beer and Skytrain fare.

I knew a guy who went to Bulls games ( :facepalm: ) and was paying around $20 for a ticket. But of course he had to watch the jumbotron to see anything. :blink:

I knew a guy who went to Bulls games ( :facepalm: ) and was paying around $20 for a ticket. But of course he had to watch the jumbotron to see anything. :blink:

The NBA is better at home.. I watch all of the mavs games from my couch. :)

Mavs and rangers prices have spiked. Stars have bottomed out ever since this streak of no playoffs. But once they show signs of life as a franchise again, ticket prices will go back up. Enjoy it while we can.

I have to check with my wife, but I think we pay more than that for BC tickets, for Christ's sake.

Count your blessings!

And last year a friend sold me a pair of his season tickets to the Bruins so I could take my son to a game. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $90 a ticket. Face value. We weren't sitting on the bench with Thornton either.

That's without parking, eating, a game program or the obligatory trip to the pro shop.

And last year a friend sold me a pair of his season tickets to the Bruins so I could take my son to a game. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $90 a ticket. Face value. We weren't sitting on the bench with Thornton either.

That's without parking, eating, a game program or the obligatory trip to the pro shop.

I hear ya on that. My first NHL game was there, it was a $90 ticket to be 2nd row from the top corner. Blew me away, but damn well worth it to have that experience for the first time.

I feel your pain bro. :(