NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

IA, what's the latest on Schneider? I saw he got pulled in the opener.

Yeah, 5 goals on 14 shots. Definitely not his best game, though a lot of that can be blamed on some pretty awful team defense. Luongo started the next day against Edmonton, but I wouldn't read too much into that since AV has hinted all along that the goalies would split the starts in back-to-back games. Schneider is still the #1 for now. We'll see if he bounces back in the next few games...

So apparently Nino Niederreiter wants out of Long Isl- er, Brooklyn? :popcorn:

Long Island still -- Brooklyn isn't for another couple years.

The Isles badly mishandled Nino last year. He should have been kept in juniors to develop instead of languishing on the fourth line with the big club. It was a wasted year for him. So, by keeping him in juniors this year, they're doing this year what they should have done last year. It's understandable why he's upset.

Then again, he's sounding like a spoiled brat, too. He's only 20, and even though he was relegated to fourth line duty last year, he didn't exactly seize the opportunity and kick ass. I think he had one point all of last year.

Howard has been masterful in net for the Wings, stars could be up 3 or 4 to nothing if not for his performance. Ryder's goal not Howard's fault. Still 1-0 Stars.