NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

So it's LA and Chicago in the Stanley Cup Final?

Stephen Walkom owes Brent Seabrook a two-four at the very least.

I turned to my wife and said "Good luck to him [Walkom] getting out of Chicago if they lose this game."

Coincidentally, the 20 year anniversary of Kerry Fraser's infamous non-call on Gretzky was this week. Had Detroit won last night, I'm sure Walkom's call would've been right up with it as far as all-time reffing blunders go.

Isn't he supposed to be one of the "put away the whistles in big games" types?

I haven't heard it first hand myself, but on the radio this morning they were saying Barry M. was actually defending Walkom's call.

I heard many opinions from a lot of outlets and it's 90%-10% that it was a bad call.

I turned to my wife and said "Good luck to him [Walkom] getting out of Chicago if they lose this game."

Coincidentally, the 20 year anniversary of Kerry Fraser's infamous non-call on Gretzky was this week. Had Detroit won last night, I'm sure Walkom's call would've been right up with it as far as all-time reffing blunders go.

I haven't heard it first hand myself, but on the radio this morning they were saying Barry M. was actually defending Walkom's call.

I heard many opinions from a lot of outlets and it's 90%-10% that it was a bad call.

Even Canucks bloggers were saying the Hawks got shafted.

Daneyko just said Walkom should have let the whole play go. I guess you can try to break a guy's back over the bench and then tackle him to the ice. Waiting for the next idiot to comment... :popcorn:

He would have had to be smuggled out with the Red Wings equipment, and flown out on the Wing's charter. :LOL:

Daneyko just said Walkom should have let the whole play go. I guess you can try to break a guy's back over the bench and then tackle him to the ice. Waiting for the next idiot to comment... :popcorn:

How in the hell did Saad get a penalty on that one? :wtf: That was almost as egregious as calling the penalty and not allowing the goal. :wacko:

That was a wild one! :haz:

Lets Go Hawks! Bring on the Kings!

Go Kings Go!!!!!! Go Kings Go!!!!!!

:moon: :moon: :moon: Black Hawks Suck :madra: :madra: :madra:

Good luck to the Kings...they are going to need it. :fury:

I'm guessing that 2-4 is a case of beer? Is that a Canadian thing, cuz I've never heard that one before. :eh:

How in the hell did Saad get a penalty on that one? :wtf: That was almost as egregious as calling the penalty and not allowing the goal. :wacko:

Yeah, that was incredible. At first I thought maybe he was getting a penalty for a trip on Zetterberg but when they said roughing I was beside myself.

I'm guessing that 2-4 is a case of beer? Is that a Canadian thing, cuz I've never heard that one before. :eh:

Yeah. More of an Eastern Canadian thing though, so maybe Seabrook wouldn't be familiar with the term either.

Thank the hockey gods Chicago won!! I really thought that stupid call was going to cost them the game but there is justice after all (nod to whoever said that up thread ), With a couple of days off they should be able to prepare for LA. Has anyone in the media noted that we have a final series with 4 Stanley Cup Winners in the last 4 years? Wonder if that has happened before?

I am looking forward to Bickell knocking Dustin Brown around!! :hockeygoon: GO HAWKS!! :dweez: :LOL:

Yeah. More of an Eastern Canadian thing though, so maybe Seabrook wouldn't be familiar with the term either.

Bob & Doug taught me that phrase :LOL: :cheers:

chicago and LA in the Western conference final. Boston and Pittsburg in the East. Whoever wins out of these four goes for the Cup. GO HAWKS!!

chicago and LA in the Western conference final. Boston and Pittsburg in the East. Whoever wins out of these four goes for the Cup. GO HAWKS!!

I think Invisiby believes that neither Boston or Pittsburgh has a chance in the final. I'm not sure if I share that opinion...

I think Invisiby believes that neither Boston or Pittsburgh has a chance in the final. I'm not sure if I share that opinion...

I think the best two teams in the league are about to play each other in the Western Conference Final. Not that Pittsburgh and Boston don't have a chance - anything can happen in a 7-game series - but barring injuries or really flukey puck luck, I'd take LA or Chicago over Boston or Pittsburgh.
  • Like 2

S :cool: H :cool: A :cool: R :cool: P :7up: Hawks 1 Wings 0

Oduya. :facepalm: Hawks 1 Wings 1

S :chickendance: E :chickendance: A :chickendance: B :chickendance: R :chickendance: O :chickendance: O :chickendance: K :cosmo: Hawks win!

Hey Blackhawkrush. I'm only a mild fan of the NHL as I enjoy junior hockey more (the teenage players that become NHL stars). PGA is my true sports love. I must admit, I've been enjoying your posts about the Blackhawks. You have to be one of the most enthusiastic fans the Hawks have. Not only do you post entertaining commentary, but you include art (like a martini glass - LOL). And the speed with which you post... I swear you had the SHARP goal posted before the rerun was done last night... I only watched the first period of last night's game and then I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered who won. I supposed I could have gone to NHL.COM to find out, but instead, I checked this thread so I could get a laugh... well, just thought I'd pass along my observations and give you a pat on the back.
  • Like 1

S :chickendance: E :chickendance: A :chickendance: B :chickendance: R :chickendance: O :chickendance: O :chickendance: K :cosmo: Hawks win!

Hey Blackhawkrush. I'm only a mild fan of the NHL as I enjoy junior hockey more (the teenage players that become NHL stars). PGA is my true sports love. I must admit, I've been enjoying your posts about the Blackhawks. You have to be one of the most enthusiastic fans the Hawks have. Not only do you post entertaining commentary, but you include art (like a martini glass - LOL). And the speed with which you post... I swear you had the SHARP goal posted before the rerun was done last night... I only watched the first period of last night's game and then I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered who won. I supposed I could have gone to NHL.COM to find out, but instead, I checked this thread so I could get a laugh... well, just thought I'd pass along my observations and give you a pat on the back.

Thanks for that, RushCanuck. :cheers: The reason I like to do my postings quickly is because I don't want to miss the next face-off. That's why I don't do much writing during play. And would you believe I type with one finger? :blush:
  • Like 2

I've come on here to get Blackhawks recap myself! :LOL:

Yeah I agree, Pens have lots of firepower. But LA scares me more, need Keener to start scoring goals!

Yeah I agree, Pens have lots of firepower. But LA scares me more, need Keener to start scoring goals!

I'm hoping Kane will find some of his creativeness because that will be needed against a goalie like Quick. I must disagree about the Pens, however. They are favorites with the bookmakers and will be very difficult to beat. It will be interesting to see how they'll do against Boston, which can score on regular basis.

Pens in 6

Kings in 7

Puck possession metrics are usually a pretty good predictor for playoff success (which is why I think the Cup is going to a Western team...Kings and Hawks were 1 and 2 in the league this season) but while Boston is much better than Pittsburgh in that regard, it's hard to ignore the fact that either Crosby or Malkin will see a fair amount of time away from Chara. The matchups are going to be a huge deal in that series, and Julien and Bylsma are arguably two of the best coaches in the league, so it should be a really interesting series from that perspective.

Kings and Hawks...who knows. I want to give a slight edge to LA because of the aforementioned possession stats, but again, Chicago was right behind them. There's also Toews's struggles...he's on a very short list of centres who should be able to hold their ground in a matchup against Datsyuk, but he got manhandled. How he fares against Kopitar or Carter could be one of the deciding factors. But it's a total tossup IMO.