NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

And last year a friend sold me a pair of his season tickets to the Bruins so I could take my son to a game. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $90 a ticket. Face value. We weren't sitting on the bench with Thornton either.

That's without parking, eating, a game program or the obligatory trip to the pro shop.

My wife had mentioned that she had never seen a Blackhawks game from anywhere but the upper deck. So, for her birthday a couple of years ago, I got her a pair of Hawks tickets. 6th row, against the Sharks. I can't remember how much they were, but I'm certain they were at least $115 each. Then $22 for parking. $7 for a beer..ect.

At least she enjoyed the game. People at her work asked if she was divorcing me after getting hockey tickets for her birthday, and she said no way. She loved the game. This is just one of the many reasons I love my wife. I've gone to more White Sox, Blackhawks, and Bears games with her than anyone else. :wub:

Debating on whether or not to go tonight.. Could get some tickets for $15.

You lucky southern fans... :madra:

I'd watch a full arena from home any day.. But when it's really cheap, might as well help the team fill the arena :D

got two tickets for $12 a piece

Lucky bastard. If you want to go to a Hawks game, the only tickets that are available are usually the $100+ seats near the ice, or scalped tickets going for twice face value. :rage: I used to go to 4-8 games a year...but since they won the cup, they are the hardest ticket to land in Chicago.

I grew up in Toronto and live in Vancouver, so $12 to see an NHL game is just not something I can conceive of. I can't wrap my brain around it. At Rogers Arena, that gets you a shitty beer and Skytrain fare.

I feel your pain bro. :(

I wish hockey was more important down here.. Especially coming from someone who hates the NFL.

And last year a friend sold me a pair of his season tickets to the Bruins so I could take my son to a game. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $90 a ticket. Face value. We weren't sitting on the bench with Thornton either.

That's without parking, eating, a game program or the obligatory trip to the pro shop.

My wife had mentioned that she had never seen a Blackhawks game from anywhere but the upper deck. So, for her birthday a couple of years ago, I got her a pair of Hawks tickets. 6th row, against the Sharks. I can't remember how much they were, but I'm certain they were at least $115 each. Then $22 for parking. $7 for a beer..ect.

At least she enjoyed the game. People at her work asked if she was divorcing me after getting hockey tickets for her birthday, and she said no way. She loved the game. This is just one of the many reasons I love my wife. I've gone to more White Sox, Blackhawks, and Bears games with her than anyone else. :wub:

You have a little boy, right? Soon enough it'll be him. I've gone to Fenway with my wife a few times, and we go as a family to Conte Forum to watch BC. But nowadays if I'm going to Gillette, Fenway, the "Gahden," McCoy Stadium,(home of the Pawtucket Red Sox) or the Dunkin' Donuts Center (home of the Providence Bruins) it's me and my boy. Absolutely great times.

The other thing about paying very little for tickets is that I don't mind sitting way up top.. it's easier for me to see everything :)

I'd watch a full arena from home any day.. But when it's really cheap, might as well help the team fill the arena :D

Lucky bastard. If you want to go to a Hawks game, the only tickets that are available are usually the $100+ seats near the ice, or scalped tickets going for twice face value. :rage: I used to go to 4-8 games a year...but since they won the cup, they are the hardest ticket to land in Chicago.

I grew up in Toronto and live in Vancouver, so $12 to see an NHL game is just not something I can conceive of. I can't wrap my brain around it. At Rogers Arena, that gets you a shitty beer and Skytrain fare.

I wish hockey was more important down here.. Especially coming from someone who hates the NFL.

I wish hockey was more important in Chicago. :sigh:

hahahaha shut up :LOL:

hahahaha shut up :LOL:

No, really. I invite you to listen to our local sports radio stations, 670 THE SCORE and AM 1000. It's all about the other three sports...

In the arena, blackhawk :)

Looks like we're dominating so far. :hail:

Y'all are. I'm sitting right behind Crawfords net, but I'm at the very very top row. :LOL: within arms reach of the arena ceiling..

Y'all are. I'm sitting right behind Crawfords net, but I'm at the very very top row. :LOL: within arms reach of the arena ceiling..

Whatever you do, don't stand up. ;)

Whatever you do, don't stand up. ;)

Seems like it's evened out a bit but shots indicate Blackhawk domination so far..