Steven Wilson: Should he quit his solo career and get back to PT, or should he eschew his old band in favour of many more solo ventures?

treeduck

Wilson out of PT for good or not?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Stevie "the boy child" Wilson quit PT for good or not?

• I think he should get back to Porcupine Tree right away, like ASAP
    • I think he can do both and all will be well, shut up treeduck!!
    • I think he should quit PT, that's the past now, it's sooooo over
    • I have boozed myself up too much over Crimbo and can't think straight
    • I hate PT and Wilson so I don't care! I prefer Wilson of the Seahawks!
    • Wilson is not metal enough, PT is shit, I prefer Enslaved!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My name is Earl RUSHHEAD666 Earl of Concorde California f**k you all!
    • My name is Steevo and I'm too demanding in my taste for PT
    • My name is Tick and I don't care about anything except Dream Theater
    • Rushgoober here, they released albums after 1987 did you say?
    • Johnnyblaze here, just bring me some booze and let me loose on the women
    • I am Ya_Big_tree Chrissie, I want treeduck to visit me in Toronto please
    • My name is METALDAD, what's the big deal about PT anyway?
    • My name is Alex Lifeson, we need a Steven Wilson produced album!
    • The Owl here, I love it all, I'm greedy for prog goodness!

I just got into PT literally yesterday but I've been following his solo album since it was announced. After this tour, more PT!! :haz: :haz:

Yesterday!??? :o

I want to admit something right now, some old tart from Oklahoma told me about PT about seven years ago. I was like Porcupine Tree? Are you sure? Is that a band or another name for a cactus?? :smoke:

You know, I wish him the best in whatever he wishes to do. I for one can not get into his solo stuff. It's just not my cup of tea. If this is what he will do with new PT, then I don't want another record. I like The Incident, but it took a couple of years for it to grow on me. Literally. I like PT from Voyage to FOABP.

As much as I love PT, I think Insurgentes and Grace For Drowning are just as good, if not better, than PT's best albums. So if he's inspired to do more solo stuff, then I'd definitely take them over an uninspired PT album. Really, as long as he's still making good music then I don't care what name its released under. Guess I'm going with the last choice then!

I have some PT albums, as well as Grace For Drowning. There are some PT songs, and some SW solo songs I think are really great. The only thing is, I almost never find myself playing them. I have no idea why that is. Even though some songs are really great, they just aren't sticking to the point that I ever remember to listen again. :huh:

You know, I wish him the best in whatever he wishes to do. I for one can not get into his solo stuff. It's just not my cup of tea. If this is what he will do with new PT, then I don't want another record.

This.

WB TD's polls, we love ém here at TRF! :ebert:

You know, I wish him the best in whatever he wishes to do. I for one can not get into his solo stuff. It's just not my cup of tea. If this is what he will do with new PT, then I don't want another record.

This.

You must realise PT is no more Steevo. And even if he brought it back it won't be quite the same anyway. The Porcupine Tree you knew is gone forever. :)

When is he joining Van Halen? Or has it happened already? I can't keep up with all the beat combo to-ing and fro-ing these days.

He's joining next week and will be playing playing industrial flugelhorn, waist-attached harpsichord, wind assisted marimba and a fart amplified Jew's harp.

:D-13:

This.

You must realise PT is no more Steevo. And even if he brought it back it won't be quite the same anyway. The Porcupine Tree you knew is gone forever. :)

Right. Whatever. The poster above couldn't have put it better. That's all there is to say.

God I've never seen people obsess over something like this for so long. He's doing solo stuff for a while. He's happy. He's stated probably half a dozen times that Porcupine Tree is just on hiatus for the moment. Porcupine Tree will return, just not now. SoaD went away for 5 years. PT has only been gone for 2, stop worrying. Edited by Union 5-3992

The solo stuff is very good. Some sound scape tunes here and there I can deal without but do fit the concept he's getting across. The drums on grace were not good. I like it when Gavin is on drums. Marco is a nice addition to his band. As long as he keeps the heavy tunes coming all is good. Odd time signatures all over the place. Don't care if he gets back with PT or not. Sure it would be great for more tunes and a tour. They have great material live and sound incredible. He's got great musicians with him now. That helps the cause.

God I've never seen people obsess over something like this for so long. He's doing solo stuff for a while. He's happy. He's stated probably half a dozen times that Porcupine Tree is just on hiatus for the moment. Porcupine Tree will return, just not now. SoaD went away for 5 years. PT has only been gone for 2, stop worrying.

I think its called "playing along" with the duckdude...no need to get that excited, what will be will be :huh: