GHOST is putting the finishing touches its next studio album, Nick Raskulinecz to produce

treeduck

I was immediately put off by the dance beat, but the solo section is decent. I hope we actually get some guitars on the album though.

A deifnite departure, sound-wise. Almost a Moving Pictures to Signals kind of leap.

http://books.google.com/books?id=r4cTAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA218&lpg=PA218&dq=ghuleh&source=bl&ots=zt_p8uaIAw&sig=dACQ_yPA6aq55rsF4QIQQz9XvME&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ITBJUercAeLIigL02YDQBw&ved=0CGcQ6AEwDTgK#v=onepage&q=ghuleh&f=false

About the "Ghuleh". I imagine it's the origin of the word "ghoul".

All the names in these songs...the guy did his research. :)

I kind of like these...carnivalsque...a bit like a Scooby Doo backtrack. Retro...ironic...metal hipster music?

• Like 1

Deluxe edition tracklist:

1. "Infestissumam" 1:42

2. "Per Aspera ad Inferi" 4:09

3. "Secular Haze" 5:11

4. "Jiggalo Har Megiddo" 3:59

5. "Ghuleh/Zombie Queen" 7:29

6. "Year Zero" 5:50

7. "Idolatrine" 3:43

8. "Body and Blood" 4:24

9. "Depth of Satan's Eyes" 5:26

10. "Monstrance Clock" 5:53

11. "La Manta Mori" 5:14

12. "I'm A Marionette (ABBA Cover)" 4:52

Year Zero grew on me, and I really like Zombie Queen, but this stuff isn't touching the first album.

Yeah it's not gonna come close, but once you realise and accept the idea, there's no reason why you can't enjoy this new one for what it is. It has a different thing going on but, much more low key and much more emphasis on the atmospheric I think I'm gonna like it though. I'm primed for the deluxe edition! :D-13:

Year Zero grew on me, and I really like Zombie Queen, but this stuff isn't touching the first album.

Yeah it's not gonna come close, but once you realise and accept the idea, there's no reason why you can't enjoy this new one for what it is. It has a different thing going on but, much more low key and much more emphasis on the atmospheric I think I'm gonna like it though. I'm primed for the deluxe edition! :D-13:

I'm digging it more than the first...just the weirdness of it...

Infestissumam+Per Aspera

From the comments:

Ghost has a brilliant retro feel but when all the instruments are in sync there is a real power to it too - the instrumentals and the 'silent band intro' are my highlights - great sense of humour these lads have.

So far, really disappointing, but I haven't heard all of it yet. All for weirdness so that's a good start.

So far, really disappointing, but I haven't heard all of it yet. All for weirdness so that's a good start.

One of these days we're all going to get into REAL METAL, the likes of which have never been seen or heard! :o

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

• Like 1

One of these days we're all going to get into REAL METAL, the likes of which have never been seen or heard! :o

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

Still giving it a chance soldier, just not off to a good start :smoke:

Still giving it a chance soldier, just not off to a good start :smoke:

Aye... :sundog: