More Tours or New Music? What would you rather have first?

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

I want more Tours...

At this present time, with the brand new album, the 'album in it's entirety' played live possibilities and with such a large music library to choose from....

I would much rather have RUSH do 2-3 more Tours than go back to the studio an produce more music.

They should play live while they still physically and mentally can. The studio work can be achieved less strenuously, with or without a supporting tour.

According to a recent interview, it looks like I might get my wish....An R-40 tour is a given....and then hopefully a Signals or Permanent Waves Tour....

Then back in the studio late 2015 - early 2016 for a 2017 release of what in my opinion will be their last.

I may sound a little greedy, definitely true....

I want to see my favorite band play live.....Any new music can wait their typical five years or more.

Your thoughts?

I'll take another tour with a setlist like this past tours. I dont mean songs from the 1980's I mean songs that havent been played in a very long time. Hemispheres side 1, Countdown, Afterimage, A Farewell To Kings.

Yes, I agree...

I think that is what their touring as evolved into......Deep cuts, album in it's entireties, and course new music.

They have played the 'hits' so many times, that like any musician, they want to expand their touring experiences, for themselves and their fans.

Absolutely tour. Frankly cant see them topping what they achieved with Clockwork. I say they play out the string with a couple more tours. All good.

I'd have to agree! CA was quite an unmatchable album! Touring a few more times just mixing up the songs would work for me!

:drool: for more tours!!

More new music. New music is something to be enjoyed for the rest of your life, a tour date lasts for three hours. A great three hours, but three hours nonetheless.

More new music. New music is something to be enjoyed for the rest of your life, a tour date lasts for three hours. A great three hours, but three hours nonetheless.

Completely agree, but only if the new music is good, like CA. Otherwise I'd take more tours over a mediocre album.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

Completely agree, but only if the new music is good, like CA. Otherwise I'd take more tours over a mediocre album.

If they do make more albums, I hope they don't sound forced. I'd much prefer another genuine album than see them burnout on your after tour.

Interesting.... Would you like them to get back in the studio as soon as possible?......just like the old days when we would get a new album every 1-2 yrs.

I believe they broke that mold with the every five year trend of late. I suppose after R-40 they could make new music and then tour....

I would still prefer they tour at least two more times and then get back in the studio. The studio will always be there.....the road may not.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :ebert:

And with albums like S&A, and especially CA, which is their best since the 80's, we can only hope for one or two more of that quality. I doubt it will happen, but one never knows...

:goodone: :rush: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :guitar:

More new music. I miss the days when they put something new out every couple years...

But, you know, I get the economics of it. Albums don't make money anymore, but touring does. I can understand their reasoning -- *if* their reasoning is -- they want to get in as much touring as they can, while they can, to beef up their retirement funds. ;) (And hey, if it makes thousands upon thousands of fans happy to see them live, everyone wins!)

Oh sure, they're not hurting for money, but every little bit helps for your kids, your grandkids, etc.

But I still want new music! :)

Seeing at how Rush is nearing their 40th anniversary, I'd rather have an R40 at the moment versus a new album. We'll most likely be treated with them playing special gems in an anniversary tour, but who knows? They were playing some gems when they toured for Clockwork Angels!

More new music. I miss the days when they put something new out every couple years...

But, you know, I get the economics of it. Albums don't make money anymore, but touring does. I can understand their reasoning -- *if* their reasoning is -- they want to get in as much touring as they can, while they can, to beef up their retirement funds. ;) (And hey, if it makes thousands upon thousands of fans happy to see them live, everyone wins!)

Oh sure, they're not hurting for money, but every little bit helps for your kids, your grandkids, etc.

But I still want new music! :)

They just need to make sure they get paid in Canadian dollars. If so, they'll be able to come down to the States and buy whatever they want for generations to come.

Interesting.... Would you like them to get back in the studio as soon as possible?......just like the old days when we would get a new album every 1-2 yrs.

I believe they broke that mold with the every five year trend of late. I suppose after R-40 they could make new music and then tour....

I would still prefer they tour at least two more times and then get back in the studio. The studio will always be there.....the road may not.

Interesting take...seems like for other bands that have spent their creativity, the road seems like it's always there (in the upper Midwest, let's just say that I have plenty of chances to see REO Speedwagon). I don't want them to put out wretched material, but having heard CA, I believe that there is still plenty of creativity left. While we're outsiders and never know for sure about that, from a purely selfish perspective, I'd love to hear more of what they have to offer in terms of new songwriting, playing, etc.

Interesting take...seems like for other bands that have spent their creativity, the road seems like it's always there (in the upper Midwest, let's just say that I have plenty of chances to see REO Speedwagon). I don't want them to put out wretched material, but having heard CA, I believe that there is still plenty of creativity left. While we're outsiders and never know for sure about that, from a purely selfish perspective, I'd love to hear more of what they have to offer in terms of new songwriting, playing, etc.

I completely understand your desire for more new music. I, of course would love and welcome a new album too, sooner than later.

I just feel that at this time, after just getting a new album, and being accustomed to a five year waiting period between albums...that Rush's time, which seemingly is limited, would be better served out on the road.

I would gladly and more easily handle a longer wait for a new album if I knew that they would tour 2-3 more times.

It would #1 allow them to say at the top of their playing game leading up to the studio. And, #2 produce a guaranteed income. And, #3 and I believe most importantly do what they love most....playing live.

I completely understand your desire for more new music. I, of course would love and welcome a new album too, sooner than later.

I just feel that at this time, after just getting a new album, and being accustomed to a five year waiting period between albums...that Rush's time, which seemingly is limited, would be better served out on the road.

I would gladly and more easily handle a longer wait for a new album if I knew that they would tour 2-3 more times.

It would #1 allow them to say at the top of their playing game leading up to the studio. And, #2 produce a guaranteed income. And, #3 and I believe most importantly do what they love most....playing live.

OK, we'll compromise. 5 more albums of original, quality material, and 5 more tours.

Since this was my idea, you can be the one to notify Alex, Geddy, and Neil of the agreement...

OK, we'll compromise. 5 more albums of original, quality material, and 5 more tours.

Since this was my idea, you can be the one to notify Alex, Geddy, and Neil of the agreement...

Two tours for each new album.....and we have a deal.

I agree with both parties, (way to stay on the fence there!) I'll explain, They do have a hugh library where to compile a different setlist every tour, Even playing a whole set of unplayed songs is promissing but on the other hand they are on a musical high and they should ride that wave to see where it takes them.

:finbar: I think they should release a few new Instumentals and hit the road again on the strength of Clockwork Angels and their Entire Anthology. But please include some Epics this time around. At least one per tour. I think Jacobs Ladder's time had come. So give yourselves a break from all the raving lunitic fans (yours truly included) and strike up The Time Machine Tour Too. (Permanent Waves in its Entirety).

:ebert: :cheers: :haz: :rush: :haz: :cheers: :ebert:

Edited by losingit2k

I agree with both parties, (way to stay on the fence there!) I'll explain, They do have a hugh library where to compile a different setlist every tour, Even playing a whole set of unplayed songs is promissing but on the other hand they are on a musical high and they should ride that wave to see where it takes them.

:finbar: I think they should release a few new Instumentals and hit the road again on the strength of Clockwork Angels and their Entire Anthology. But please include some Epics this time around. At least one per tour. I think Jacobs Ladder's time had come. So give yourselves a break from all the raving lunitic fans (yours truly included) and strike up The Time Machine Tour Too. (Permanent Waves in its Entirety).

:ebert: :cheers: :haz: :rush: :haz: :cheers: :ebert:

That sounds great....R-40 Tour..(with all the hits and epics like Xanadu, Natural Science, La Villa, Camera Eye etc....

...then Time Machine Tour II (Permanent Waves in its Entirety).

...and then get back into the studio...