Name Your ALBUM OF THE YEAR 2012! Thanks Steevo! Rush, Van Halen, Muse, Coheed, Kiss, Marillion? ?

RUSHHEAD666

CA for sure, but Neurosis "Honor Found In Decay" is a fukking masterpiece! This band never disappoints!

Does this band have growling crap vocals? Are they melodic or DEATH METAL?

More like screaming vocals. The vocals are perfect for their music- atmospheric, sludgy metal. Really hard band to describe. Not a band you put on for background music at a party or anything like that- total mood music. Not easy to get into or very accessible for that matter, but if you invest the time and patience in them they are a totally unique experience.

Ok, as everyone has jumped to this thread, as it was before..I don't mind hanging out an island btw :sundog:

1. The Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

2. Rush - Clockwork Angels (it's very good but not great)

3. Anathema - Weather Systems

Oceania is AMAZING! Pure wonderfullness. And, I of course totally agree that Clockwork Angels is one of the best, if not THE best, of this past year. I'll add Messhugah's Koloss. :)

WHAT? Oceania over Clockwork?

I'm shocked!

I was bored with Oceania. I love Chamberlain though.

CA was very good but hardly great, the production spoils so much of it. Oceania is some of the best work Corgan has written since MC with a great band behind him. You may also need to give it more than one listen. You shouldn't really be shocked Earl. Ha.

Ok, as everyone has jumped to this thread, as it was before..I don't mind hanging out an island btw :sundog:

Oceania is AMAZING! Pure wonderfullness. And, I of course totally agree that Clockwork Angels is one of the best, if not THE best, of this past year. I'll add Messhugah's Koloss. :)

I'm shocked!

CA was very good but hardly great, the production spoils so much of it. Oceania is some of the best work Corgan has written since MC with a great band behind him. You may also need to give it more than one listen. You shouldn't really be shocked Earl. Ha.

Ha! I agree with you about the CA production.

I will give Oceania another listen!

CA for sure, but Neurosis "Honor Found In Decay" is a fukking masterpiece! This band never disappoints!

Does this band have growling crap vocals? Are they melodic or DEATH METAL?

More like screaming vocals. The vocals are perfect for their music- atmospheric, sludgy metal. Really hard band to describe. Not a band you put on for background music at a party or anything like that- total mood music. Not easy to get into or very accessible for that matter, but if you invest the time and patience in them they are a totally unique experience.

yeah they're not death metal at all, very slow and heavy and atmospheric

I'm shocked!

Ha! I agree with you about the CA production.

I will give Oceania another listen!

I'm surprised you didn't get more from Oceania but all I can say is like CA it may need a few listens to be fair. There's a definite recharge of energy and chemistry going on with this latest lineup not seen in a long time. OK, it's not perfect but then it isn't 20yrs ago either. Please let me know how you get on after a while with it :hail:

My favorite album of 2012 was Flying Colors' self-titled album. What a great album! The most I've listened to a new album in a very long time.

1. Rush - Clockwork Angels

2. Big Big Train - The English Electric part 1

3 - The Treatment - This Might Hurt

4 - Galahad - Beyond the Realms of Euphoria

5 - Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth

6 - Muse - The 2nd Law

7. The Flying Colors - (debut)

8. Astra - The Black Chord

9. Anathema - Weather Systems

10. Black Country Communion - Aferglow

Flying Colors - Flying Colors

Testament - Dark Roots Of The Earth

Overkill - The Electric Age

Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth

Rush - Clockwork Angels

My favorite album of 2012 was Flying Colors' self-titled album. What a great album! The most I've listened to a new album in a very long time.

I don't know what I would do without this Forum. I totally forgot about this album. I just ordered the Japanese pressing.

It's ENDLESS!

The Dixie Dregs meets Dream Theater?

Just a guess. I haven't heard one note yet!