2nd leg?

pony2112

I can't be the only person who thinks they should take the momentum off a well received album, a major tour where they are selling out arenas more often than not, and are likely to be inducted into the hall of fame, and head back into the studio?
  • Like 1

Wish I did. Having a serious unrequited Rush Crush going on right now.....sigh....

'Rush crush'... I like it! :)

I do hope Rush announces more stops in North America for next year... come on, Vancouver!

I don't know about heading back into the studio just yet... sure, they're riding a bit of a high right now, but it might be better to keep rocking Clockwork Angels and do more concerts, and head back to the studio once the wave crests. I doubt there's much thought (or time for thought) right now for new material... I think the creative music juices are still flowing for CA and that they'll keep riding that wave.

Hmm, I think that's enough with the ocean wave analogy now....

But holy cow, would new Rush music ever be spectacular. I wonder what their new album would sound like? Where can they go from here? I thnk CA would be pretty hard to beat!

It's currently being routed. Excellent chance it starts in April with a month of shows pre-Europe and then a couple of months afterward into August. Other possibility is obviously entirely after Europe but current thinking is restart in April and they're holding a bunch of dates in April/early May in the US as well as a ton in July/Aug.

It's currently being routed. Excellent chance it starts in April with a month of shows pre-Europe and then a couple of months afterward into August. Other possibility is obviously entirely after Europe but current thinking is restart in April and they're holding a bunch of dates in April/early May in the US as well as a ton in July/Aug.

Will we know the tour dates before Christmas? Need to adjust my budget accordingly....

:yay: :cheerleader: :banana: :ebert:

Tour dates to be announced soon after this leg is over, which is tomorrow night.

Based on what source?

Well it says something to the effect of "more dates to be announced" on rush.com

Will we know the tour dates before Christmas? Need to adjust my budget accordingly....

Sorry - I'm not sure when the announcement will be. From the looks of things there's still a lot of work to be done so I certainly wouldn't expect anything immediately.

Sorry - I'm not sure when the announcement will be. From the looks of things there's still a lot of work to be done so I certainly wouldn't expect anything immediately.

Thanks for the info! No Problem! I'll just be another anxious fan waiting...

:popcorn:

:yay: :banana: :cheerleader:

RIAB seems to have confirmed a North American leg in 2013. I'm stoked. My friends just looked at me and said "Rush...AGAIN?!". I replied with "Some nights were bright. I might get to live it all again".

RIAB seems to have confirmed a North American leg in 2013. I'm stoked. My friends just looked at me and said "Rush...AGAIN?!". I replied with "Some nights were bright. I might get to live it all again".

Now that they know that the CA material holds it own, wouldn't be great it they changed it up and gave the fans a set list looked something like this:

Set 1:

All of CLockwork Angels

(With String Section of course)

Set 2:

Far Cry

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

Test for Echo

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Distant Early Warnings (With GUP live Intro by Strings)

Manhattan Project (With Strings)

Losing It (With Strings)

Nobody's Hero ( With Strings)

Dreamline (With Strings)

YYZ (With Strings)

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Now that they know that the CA material holds it own, wouldn't be great it they changed it up and gave the fans a set list looked something like this:

Set 1:

All of CLockwork Angels

Set 2:

Far Cry

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

Test for Echo

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Losing It (With Strings)

Dreamline (With Strings)

YYZ (With Strings)

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

Oh we can only dream about Xanadu and Hemispheres prelude :(

Set 1:

All of CLockwork Angels

Set 2:

Far Cry

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

Test for Echo

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Losing It (With Strings)

Dreamline (With Strings)

YYZ (With Strings)

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 O/T/F

Oh we can only dream about Xanadu and Hemispheres prelude :(

Oh I think its possible, Prelude is an instrumental and they did Xanadu for R30 tour only 10 years ago.

:codger:

I can't be the only person who thinks they should take the momentum off a well received album, a major tour where they are selling out arenas more often than not, and are likely to be inducted into the hall of fame, and head back into the studio?

'

That would be pretty awesome, but I have feeling we won't see another album for a few years, if we do at all. I don't think Neil is looking to leave his daughter for another couple years to tour behind yet another album. Maybe if they recorded ideas and then came back to it later.