If Rush does get into the RRHOF

LeaveMyThingAlone

Rush is too classy to not show up like I want, so I could see them using Tom Cochrane. He inducted them into something a while back (Canadian HOF maybe???)

I wouldn't be shocked to see the I Love You Man guys back.

It might be fun if it was Animal.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 5 2012, 07:15 PM)
hows about Bob and Doug McKenzie telling the hose heads to take off

common001.gif common001.gif its a beauty way to go.

Bob and Doug for sure. They can do some of their routine, but introduce Kim Mitchell, Les Claypool and Mike Portnoy. Have them start a song...YYZ, Tom Sawyer, whatever for a bit, be stopped by the South Park kids - that's not RUSH stupid, then have the Time Machine Polka band come out and do there thing for 15 or 20 seconds, then be stopped by the Moving Pitchers girls, then have a whole bunch of dudes in suits (pig suits maybe?) wheeling out all these big electric fans all over the stage, coming up through the floor, lowered from the ceiling with heavy duty fluorescent smoke machines flooding the stage so ya can't see nothing but glowing fog, then the fans come on to reveal the real RUSH standing there in kimonos to do a short version of Take Off with Bob and Doug, then do short version of Battle Scar with Kim Mitchell and then all of them do like, oh I don't know... Crossroads or Free Bird or something else that isn't RUSH because it's apparent, maybe even obvious that to the R&R Hall, RUSH's music is irrelevant so the whole thing should just be a big joke, like it really kinda is anyway. I mean how serious is anyone gonna take it? It's way to late now. I don't think RUSH would even show up...IF they do... if it weren't for US. The fans. Without the fans....they wouldn't've been there. Or would they?! Or were they...just blowing smoke?? Ten bucks is ten bucks, eh?

QUOTE (Queslington @ Oct 4 2012, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (zappafrank @ Oct 4 2012, 02:27 PM)
I know they want a big name person, but Les Claypool would be the obvious and most sensible choice.

I'm a pretty big Primus fan, so I would like this.

I think it would be awesome if Page did it, but I doubt it.

But most importantly, I'd rather them not be in alongside those other rediculous inductees.

1022.gif LES CLAYPOOL!!! 1022.gif

yes.gif

How about Robert Plant so that I can see him up there with Geddy and all of my Rock N' Roll fantasies would come truuuueeeeeee.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 6 2012, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Oct 5 2012, 01:11 AM)
Eddie trunk, of course)

Eddie Truck, and Jack Black for some levity! Perfect! 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Eddie supports the band but is not a fan and even says he didn;t listen to much after MP

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 8 2012, 06:05 PM)
Eddie trunk, of course)

Eddie Truck, and Jack Black for some levity! Perfect! 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Eddie supports the band but is not a fan and even says he didn;t listen to much after MP

He's a huge fan...

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 10 2012, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 8 2012, 06:05 PM)
Eddie trunk, of course)

He's a huge fan...

I think he is also, but I still wouldn't want him to present. Didn't really care for his bland fanboish interview when Alex & Geddy were on That Metal Show. Nothing that wasn't asked or heard thousand times before, same when Neil made a rare appearance on tv with Trunk. He was very respectful and polite to Neil but really it was pretty boring. Billy Corgan I think would be the best choice right now he did a outstanding job on Beyond The Lighted Stage and radio broadcast with Alex & Geddy right before the release of Clock Work Angels.... And good job with speech Rush Hollywood walk of Fame star presentation. Just a really smart interesting guy who talks from the heart and sincerity the importance of Rush in his life and what there music means to him and able to put it in proper perspective how it reflects on all Rush fans.