10 - Best Song From Grace Under Pressure

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1200 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between The Wheels

I realy like this album so it was a hard choice. But I went with afterimage. it was eaither that or body electric/red sector a/distant early warning or enemy withinh.... this album was full of great songs new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Grace Under Pressure was the first Rush album I ever heard, lent to me by a friend in 1989...then I went searching in second hand record shops and bought everything they'd ever done, and continued to buy everything they've done since!

My favourite song on the album now is Afterimage..because the words mean a lot to me after losing someone very close to me earlier this year.

I love the whole album though...just because it was how I was introduced to Rush...I never tire of listening to it and have the video too smile.gif

Between the Wheels-for the emotion and darkness.Love the lyrics on the album.

Red Sector A

(closely) followed by:

Between the Wheels,

Distant Early Warning,

and The Enemy Within

Awesome album, I just hope Between the Wheels survives the 2nd leg of the S&A tour. I kind of doubt it will only because they played it for R30 and the 1st leg. They'll probably swap it out for Kid Gloves or something. I'd really like to see BTW live though, the synths and drop D guitar are just so evil sounding... in a good way!

I've always loved 'Afterimage', that guitar solo is so moving and great, and when I first got into Rush, 'The Body Electric'.

This was the album, along with 2112, that got me hooked on the band. I watched the 'Through the Camera Eye' video in the early '90s and most of the GUP songs got stuck in my head and that was it for me... bekloppt.gif

'Kid Gloves' is one of the only Rush songs that sounds like a studio jam that should have been better produced or left unreleased. It's got a great solo, but overall it's weak compared to what came before.