Steve Harris

micgtr71

I just picked this up and was a bit afraid of what it might be. Harris was Maiden from when I was 10 or so. First concert. Do I want to hear him do something else?

This is good. Singer and Guitar players are not Maiden at all. In fact, his bass playing is Harris, but he doesn't seem to be trying to be Maiden. There are some twin leads. Some sound almost like Boston...yes Boston.

A ten spot at the Best Buy. Well worth it in my opinion.

Eh, what's a solo "career" for if not to do something different? The songs sound better to me than Adrian Smith's solo album from earlier this year. That was far heavier, but pretty much a tuneless clusterf*ck in my estimation.

I'll always take melody first...

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 27 2012, 09:44 PM)
At the end of the day NONE of them touch Bruce Dickinson's solo material. Now that is some good shit. The Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are better than some Maiden albums.

yes.gif Bruce's albums are definitely better than NPFTD, FOTD, The X Factor and Virtual XI.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Sep 28 2012, 12:47 AM)
At the end of the day NONE of them touch Bruce Dickinson's solo material.  Now that is some good shit.  The Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are better than some Maiden albums.

yes.gif Bruce's albums are definitely better than NPFTD, FOTD, The X Factor and Virtual XI.

+1.

Tyranny Of Souls is not that bad either!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Sep 28 2012, 12:47 AM)
At the end of the day NONE of them touch Bruce Dickinson's solo material.  Now that is some good shit.  The Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are better than some Maiden albums.

I like those two Bruce solo albums better than the first two Maiden records, Dance Of Death and A Matter Of Life And Death, along with the others you mentioned. Tyranny Of Souls is pretty good to though not at the level of awesome The Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are.

I only listened to British Lion online where the whole album was available for streaming before it came out. Maybe that wasn't the best quality version to listen to. I think i'll give this album a chance and listen to it properly on the old headphones and see if anything pops out at me then.