THE SETLIST (NO SPOILERS)

tel

SO DID YOU CHECK IT OUT YET?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. SO DID YOU CHECK IT OUT YET?

• hell no, im far more patient than that!
    • hell yeah, i have no patience at all!
    • never considered it and never would
    • i was over it like a rash from day one.
    • just a peek and than another,shit yeah i couldnt wait
    • if i did i couldnt keep it to myself
    • yes,its fantastic
    • yes,its ok
    • yes, it blows
    • no,to be honest i couldnt give a toss
    • yes,its common knowledge around here and once again your late to the party tel.

I followed it for the first four or five shows, but I've since backed off in order to be surprised if there are any changes before my shows in Dallas and San Antonio.

It was too difficult to resist taking a peek. But I have avoided looking at pictures and watching videos so at the very least the stage design and video footage will be new to my eyes. (I didn't see the Time Machine tour or DVD, so even if this tour is similar it will look fresh to my eyes.)

Other than the few thread titles with songs in it... I did manage to avoid seeing it until I saw them live in Chicago. Looking back at all the combinations leading up to Chicago, I think Chicago got the best possible setlist.

I find it more enjoyable to know the setlist beforehand, so I looked. I'm pretty sure most of the TRF regulars have also looked. The setlist is awesome in a way that I wasn't expecting. The revision makes it better.

I'm still holding out strong... just four more days until my concert.... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

And then I can venture back into the parts of the forum that I've been studiously avoiding! Can't wait to find out what songs are going to be played!

I've avoided the setlist completely but have been made aware of two songs and the encore.

One of the songs I happened to be spoiled about from a post during the initial soundcheck of the first show and another via a youtube video. (They were both good surprises)

But the facebook rush fan page posted the encore which showed up in my news feed a day or two after the first show. That really pissed me off and I immediately "unliked" the page. Don't know why they posted a major spoiler like that.

Otherwise, this is the first time I've pretty much completely avoided looking up the setlist and I'm proud of it.

I was able to hold off checking out the setlist until my first show for this tour.

It helped that my first show was Manchester. tongue.gif

I avoided all spoilers up to that time, and it was worth it!!!

QUOTE (cygnify @ Sep 27 2012, 02:46 PM)
I was able to hold off checking out the setlist until my first show for this tour.

It helped that my first show was Manchester. tongue.gif

I avoided all spoilers up to that time, and it was worth it!!!

laugh.gif

My first Time Machine show was in the middle of the first leg. I tried to stay unspoiled for that, but I found out two of the songs, plus got a mistaken impression that a particular song was on the setlist when it wasn't. Obviously that didn't kill the experience for me or anything, but I really wanted to be completely spoiler-free this time. I decided before the tour was scheduled that I would avoid Rush sites once the tour had started until after my first gig. That actually worked out really well for me because it turned out that the gig I most wanted to go to anyway was the 2nd show of the tour!

I have to say that having no preconceived notions and no idea whatsoever what to expect next was really great, and I will try to do it for any future Rush tour.