Is there an opening band?

Cygnus 2112

Speaking of opening bands I find it funny that a local cover band promotes themselves as having opened for Poison, Motley Crue, etc. when they are just playing the little side stage towards the front entrance of those outdoor amphitheaters. They actually print up flyers and such with the national bands name and THEIRS as if it's the same bill. Too funny. I understand too well about promoting your band but that is too much. LOL

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Sep 11 2012, 12:22 AM)
Or does RUSH start right at 8 and play for three hours?

I'm sorry, buddy, but your question made me rofl3.gif

Rush was always good to the opening bands, but they haven't had an opening band since the Counterparts tour. If some band came out and started playing before they came on stage the fans would probably pummel them to death with any loose object available.

Unless, of course, it was this guy:

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 11 2012, 12:47 AM)

Rush was always good to the opening bands, but they haven't had an opening band since the Counterparts tour. If some band came out and started playing before they came on stage the fans would probably pummel them to death with any loose object available.

I didn't click your link but I'm guessing it is Eric Johnson? wink.gif

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Sep 11 2012, 01:22 AM)

I can't remember them ever starting right at 8pm, but maybe they'll start a new trend this time around. It's almost always 30 or more minutes behind schedule, waiting for everyone to get into the venue.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 10 2012, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 11 2012, 12:47 AM)

I didn't click your link but I'm guessing it is Eric Johnson? wink.gif

bastard!! lol

After sitting through Mr. Big in 1992, I'm very thankful RUSH no longer has a band open for them. Bizarre coincidence- "Mr. Big" on liscense plate of car in Big Money video at same show.

...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Sep 11 2012, 01:22 AM)

This tour, the Manchester NH ticket stubs stated 7:30pm start time.

They came on stage at exactly 7:45pm.

They performed right up until about 10:50pm, including the 15 minute intermission.

When I saw Candlebox on the Counterparts tour they only messed with us a little. "Y'all ready for Rush?" Big scream. "Well, you gotta listen to more of our shit first." The lead singer told us that Rush had all this cool stuff and a great show and the guitarist played the opening riff of Working Man. I can't remember any songs of their own they played. If I'm not mistaken they had a hit at the time and the number one album in the country. I'm glad they don't have opening bands anymore.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 10 2012, 11:47 PM)

FURK