The Bootleg from Manchester

kentpilot

Hey guys the day after the show "Rushfan1979" posted his recording of the show, he offered it to people to mix, so here's my attempt. I'm still working on disc 2, but Disc 1 is complete, the only issues are the buzzing in the first 3 songs I managed to make them not annoying and not noticeable but volume suffered. One person clapping by the device was the other issue, I managed to fix that he doesn't hurt your ear anymore.

My favourite bit is when one guy shouts "they are loving the 80's, I'm lovin the 80's" haha great bit.

http://i.imgur.com/ohsfu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OnWqg.jpg

wub.gif

I'm trying to figure out how to fit all the music on CD's how would you want it? Right now I'm just exporting everything to FLAC and then figuring out the division of songs

Audience Recording

Edited in Ableton

Exported through Audacity

Bit Depth 32

Sample Rate: 48000

File Types: FLAC and MP3 for on that sweet sweet iPod

I'll post Grand Designs and Territories in moment like I said I haven't started CD 2 yet, but from what I've heard the recordings are better.

Edit:

I lied here is Force Ten, when everything is packaged right I'll upload them all in a single file but here is a preview

https://www.box.com/s/kb9vho5goj7y2cqa9crm force ten still has the buzzing in it so I'll still work on it before the final collection goes out.

Here is Grand Designs MP3 FLAC file COMING SOON

http://www.mediafire.com/?stsh15u4lldgues

Edited by kentpilot

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fansince1979 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:27 AM)
Just to clarify, all I did was post a link to the audio of the show on dimeadozen, but I am not the taper.

Carry on. cool.gif

OH thanks do you know who taped the show, was it a Rush forum member ohmy.gif I really want to thank him

QUOTE (Animate @ Sep 9 2012, 07:43 AM)
Kent- Did you design the cover? It is totally perfect for the set!!

Yeah put it together real fast contemplated making it red but thought it was perfect as is I really liked how well the gears came togerther in the wall and Rush playing the Anarchist on the screen.

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Sep 9 2012, 08:17 AM)
sorry for the dumb question, but how do I listen to this i I download it? confused13.gif

It's FLAC so it won't play on Windows Media Player I recomend VLC player it plays any file it's amazing, also listen through headphones or speakers not laptop speakers you might as well have the mp3 on crappy speakers http://www.downloadsterfree.com/vlc.php?op...CFaUWMgodqD0Akg

Edited by kentpilot

FIXED COLORS ON THE COVER CMYK DIDN'T WORK http://i.imgur.com/sbIpql.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/j91Fzl.jpg

Listen to the album in my car wrote down points I f*cked up, the low end was to high, so I fixed that. Added some mids and treble. Sounds much better will have CD1 ready in an hour compressed(slightly) and ready to download.

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 9 2012, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (fansince1979 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:27 AM)
Just to clarify, all I did was post a link to the audio of the show on dimeadozen, but I am not the taper.

Carry on.  cool.gif

OH thanks do you know who taped the show, was it a Rush forum member ohmy.gif I really want to thank him

I don't know if he's on here, but the person who put it on dime is the taper.

Computer idiot here. Is there any way of putting up all the songs here like you did for Force 10, i finally figured out how to download and listen. IT IS EXCELLENT. If its a huge pain I understand, but i was at the show in my home town and a night I will never forgot. really nice recording for opening night!!

QUOTE (Knice @ Sep 9 2012, 01:00 PM)
Computer idiot here. Is there any way of putting up all the songs here like you did for Force 10, i finally figured out how to download and listen. IT IS EXCELLENT. If its a huge pain I understand, but i was at the show in my home town and a night I will never forgot. really nice recording for opening night!!

Working on it now, well actually I'm taking, I said it'd be done in an hour but then I had to run to the grocery store haha, and saw my bass and said I should play that, yeah the whole show is being mastered I'm glad you like it . I've improved it since.

Also I'll put up mp3 files of the show so you can put it on your ipod or mp3 player and you can burn flac to CD with VLC smile.gif

I so appreciate Kentpilot. I just never have luck with those torrent sites and all, but was able to listen to the force 10 clip. Thank you so much I appreciate your time. It was a great show in my hometown and this will make my week. Seeing them again in Boston in oct.

Thanks again friend!

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 9 2012, 02:55 PM)
Download available yet? Or did I miss it?

Thanks a lot for this, this is awesome smile.gif

No it's not, don't worry it'll be up for a long time. I'll PM you when it's up if you want, I'm just kind of at wall right now, I didn't sleep last night and just went grocery shopping it being a show night I'm reading the speculation forums a bunch... forgive me

sad.gif

smash.gif WAKE UP WAKE UP

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 9 2012, 03:23 PM)

No it's not, don't worry it'll be up for a long time. I'll PM you when it's up if you want, I'm just kind of at wall right now, I didn't sleep last night and just went grocery shopping it being a show night I'm reading the speculation forums a bunch... forgive me

sad.gif

You're very generous. Im grateful!!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 9 2012, 01:23 PM)

sad.gif

No rush my friend. rimshot.gif

And no need for a PM either, I'll just check in here. I, as someone who isn't able to pay to see any show this year (budget priorities) greatly appreciate that you're doing this. First show, heat of excitement, setlist JUST revealed. This is great. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 9 2012, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 9 2012, 01:23 PM)

sad.gif

No rush my friend. rimshot.gif

And no need for a PM either, I'll just check in here. I, as someone who isn't able to pay to see any show this year (budget priorities) greatly appreciate that you're doing this. First show, heat of excitement, setlist JUST revealed. This is great. trink39.gif

After this I'll meet you in SOCN threads, haha! I'm nearing 100 posts!