CA wins album of the year!!

Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 6 2012, 11:09 PM)
LOL, some of you guys are so lame, I remember when the tide was turning and that was during the Power Windows tour and Marillion was the opener and during Marillions masterpiece "Misplaced Childhood" many Rush fans were booing them and that is when I knew it was over and the fans have changed. If you guys are actually going to tell me Clockwork Angles is as good as any album from the Terry Brown era, sorry, it's not even close. The other argument is that Rush changes and I should too. Well, I would argue that as soon as Rush decided to become The Police, they have made the same record for what, 25 years now ?  I find it funny that I am being attacked by some of the Rush faithful and it must be me that Rush cannot seem to make a good album anymore, but that is not how I see it. But I do understand the attacks, you guys love Rush, so do I, so it does not bother me. I used to defend them too until I could not defend them anymore.

fists crying.gif

Are you still listening to Hemispheres on 8-track or cassette?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 7 2012, 04:09 AM)
LOL, some of you guys are so lame, I remember when the tide was turning and that was during the Power Windows tour and Marillion was the opener and during Marillions masterpiece "Misplaced Childhood" many Rush fans were booing them and that is when I knew it was over and the fans have changed. If you guys are actually going to tell me Clockwork Angles is as good as any album from the Terry Brown era, sorry, it's not even close. The other argument is that Rush changes and I should too. Well, I would argue that as soon as Rush decided to become The Police, they have made the same record for what, 25 years now ? I find it funny that I am being attacked by some of the Rush faithful and it must be me that Rush cannot seem to make a good album anymore, but that is not how I see it. But I do understand the attacks, you guys love Rush, so do I, so it does not bother me. I used to defend them too until I could not defend them anymore.

Angels. Please.

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 7 2012, 01:05 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Sep 6 2012, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 5 2012, 10:00 PM)
Sorry guys, but Clockwork Angles is not a good Rush album, Geoff Downes is correct, Fly from Here is a way better album than Clockwork Angles. Yes still delivers the prog while Rush keeps disappointing their prog fans.

You should be sorry for trolling on your first post. Bloody well right. Eh, welcome anyway... I think. unsure.gif

If there is one thing I am not is a forum troll. I just love Rush so much and they keep making shitty albums. I don't get it, there was a time when Rush totally ruled, let me tell you, going to the Hemispheres concert was unreal. This is not the same band anymore and frankly I don't know why. It's not like they can't do it. Clockwork Angles is so bad and I am pissed because I want to love it. As for the competition with Yes's Fly from Here, the bottom line is I find Fly from Here a more enjoyable album to listen to. I get you diehard Rush freaks, I am one, I even dressed up like Alex Lifeson for Halloween in 1982 with a white sport coat and parted my hair on the side LOL. Anyway, hope you all enjoy the music and the tour if you go.

I too am a veteran of those mid-70s Prog-era tours and they were brilliant. I've not been a big fan of post '82 Rush but I really love the new album.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 7 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 7 2012, 01:11 PM)
CA is that curious hybrid that only Rush can knock out.

You mean METAL?

1022.gif

Get yer haircut yer great cloth-eared, spawny-eyed wazzock.

Sorry guys, but Clockwork Angles is not a good Rush album, Geoff Downes is correct, Fly from Here is a way better album than Clockwork Angles. Yes still delivers the prog while Rush keeps disappointing their prog fans.

You're trying too hard. Let people get to know you a bit before they start to dislike you. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 7 2012, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 7 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 7 2012, 01:11 PM)
CA is that curious hybrid that only Rush can knock out.

You mean METAL?

1022.gif

Get yer haircut yer great cloth-eared, spawny-eyed wazzock.

laugh.gif

common001.gif

1022.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Sep 7 2012, 08:14 PM)

You're trying too hard. Let people get to know you a bit before they start to dislike you. tongue.gif

Worked for you...

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 7 2012, 12:09 AM)
LOL, some of you guys are so lame, I remember when the tide was turning and that was during the Power Windows tour and Marillion was the opener and during Marillions masterpiece "Misplaced Childhood" many Rush fans were booing them and that is when I knew it was over and the fans have changed. If you guys are actually going to tell me Clockwork Angles is as good as any album from the Terry Brown era, sorry, it's not even close. The other argument is that Rush changes and I should too. Well, I would argue that as soon as Rush decided to become The Police, they have made the same record for what, 25 years now ? I find it funny that I am being attacked by some of the Rush faithful and it must be me that Rush cannot seem to make a good album anymore, but that is not how I see it. But I do understand the attacks, you guys love Rush, so do I, so it does not bother me. I used to defend them too until I could not defend them anymore.

confused13.gif Same record for 25 years? Since 1987?

Presto is nothing like Vapor Trails.

Snakes and Arrows has nothing in common with Hold Your Fire.

None of them sound alike (except MAYBE Presto and Roll the Bones; Counterparts and T4E)

And since when did they ever sound like the Police?

wtf.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 7 2012, 08:25 PM)
....and it must be me that Rush cannot seem to make a good album anymore....

Exactly right. It's you.

Your dislike of certain Rush albums in no way whatsoever objectively defines those albums as "bad". Your subjective opinion of their albums or any other band's albums is simply that - your opinion - and it's just as meaningless as anyone else's opinion.

It's a mistake that many people make - assuming that their opinions are facts. They're not.

That's true, it's just my opinion.

Edited by tullfan

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 8 2012, 12:09 AM)

Exactly right. It's you.

Your dislike of certain Rush albums in no way whatsoever objectively defines those albums as "bad". Your subjective opinion of their albums or any other band's albums is simply that - your opinion - and it's just as meaningless as anyone else's opinion.

It's a mistake that many people make - assuming that their opinions are facts. They're not.

And you are thick as a brick rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 04:51 PM)

wtf.gif

Grace Under Pressure was the beginning of the Andy Summers guitar playing for Lifeson. Before that he used to play like Jimmy Page, Steve Howe and Steve Hackett.

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 8 2012, 12:09 AM)

Exactly right. It's you.

OK, so how about this:

Instead of saying, "Rush doesn't make good albums anymore," one could say, "Rush doesn't make albums that I like anymore." That would be more accurate, yes? smile.gif

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 8 2012, 01:24 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 04:51 PM)

wtf.gif

Grace Under Pressure was the beginning of the Andy Summers guitar playing for Lifeson. Before that he used to play like Jimmy Page, Steve Howe and Steve Hackett.

I'd say he never played like any of them

He played like Alex Lifeson.

smile.gif