kind of surprising...

liddybuck01

I never understand how these numbers are calculated. No one can know what someone's net worth is. How would they know what investments anyone has made over the years? Who bought real estate? Who bought Apple or Microsoft at the start? Who took a bath in the dot com bubble?

That said, I would be surprised if Charlie Watts was only worth $165M, Mick Fleetwood at $8.5M, and Nick Mason at $75M.

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 27 2012, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 27 2012, 05:00 PM)
Yeah and they Fing misspelled 'Peart'. angry.gif waffen093.gif

They did?

In the summary, yes.gif

On the list, no.gif

Why is Dave Grohl on this list? Do they not realize he hasn't been a regular drummer since Nirvana? He's been a full time guitarist/vocalists for the last 15 years. He only does drums on the side now. When I saw Foo Fighters last year he didn't play any drums at all. Doesn't seem to me like he's a drummer anymore. Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 27 2012, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Aug 27 2012, 05:00 PM)
Yeah and they Fing misspelled 'Peart'. angry.gif waffen093.gif

They also called Danny Carey "Dana" Carey in the summary.

I noticed that... is that Dana Carey's Garth to Mike Myers's Wayne? Or is that Dana Carvey?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 27 2012, 08:56 PM)
Why is Dave Grohl on this list? Do they not realize he hasn't been a regular drummer since Nirvana? He's been a full time guitarist/vocalists for the last 15 years. He only does drums on the side now. When I saw Foo Fighters last year he didn't play any drums at all. Doesn't seem to me like he's a drummer anymore.

He's still pulling in a ton of money just from Nirvana's sales, I'm sure that's what they're counting

Nick Mason only worth $75,000,000?? The drummer for possibly the HUGEST progressive rock band in history?? Edited by ALifeson85

This list is total crap.

I have first hand knowledge this list is b.s.

#1 The information they claim to have is not public information.

There are a few possibly correct names, because bands like U2 split money 4-ways regardless of authorship of music.

But at the height of their careers, drummers for heavy metal acts made at best $10-25K a show and very little off albums. Recent nostalgia tours pay little compared to the good ol days and factor in a divorce and there is no f-ing way Tommy Lee is worth what they claim.

A few names on that list have been near-broke before the nostalgia tours of recent years.

Real Estate holdings??? When someone sells a home worth 6 Million for 4 Million dollars, they are likely paying off debts.

Folks, this list is total crap. The word 'estimate' is being used very fast and loose.

QUOTE (LedRush @ Aug 27 2012, 09:43 PM)
How did Tool get that much money?  They must have great financial advisers.

Please folks, stop taking this website seriously.

They don't have a clue what they're talking about. There are a few that might be in that ballpark like Larry Mullen Jr. or Lars, but this is mostly misinformation.

Ringo Starr....?? Beatle, please!!

Hello, the Michael Jackson estate has owned the Beatles catalogue since 1984. Ringo gets 12.5% - 50% of songwriters royalties for a limited number of Beatles songs.

Royalties come after distributors take their cut of 25% +.