If The Garden why not Available Light?

losingit2k

Taking for granted that they will play The Garden Live, 'cause its that damn good. Is there a chance they'll play other songs that require a piano like "Available Light" Or "Second Nature"? I would really like to hear Available Light once. I don't understand why they never played this live being one of the best tracks off Presto. I figured it was due to the use of a piano but that could be sampled or triggered.

Any thoughts?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 17 2012, 05:04 PM)
I'd like to see it live but not if it was triggered. The piano is too prominent to be triggered, imo.

I figured that was the reason they didn't play it. But then again Geddy could have played it live on the keyboards and just sampled the sound. I hope they give it a chance if they drag a Baby Grand on stage to play the The Garden.

This is going to be a great show! I really don't know what to expect. So many unknown variables with this one! Strings, Piano? Drum solo being improvised!

"Anything can happen!"

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

To be honest I rather they play Available Light if I could pick one.

That song is just brilliant.

The Garden is great.

I think it would sound great right after "The Garden". Since they will have the piano (Sound or Instrument) already ready to go after "The Garden". It would also be a great pickup of the tempo and the word follows basically the same sentiment as "The Garden"...."I want to look t life in the Available Light!"

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I would love to hear them play Available Light this time around! In my opinion The Garden is the best song on CA. Love the passion on both of those songs. Does anybody know if they ever played Light live? I have been to every tour since 2112, but my memory is not that good cool10.gif Wonder why?

QUOTE (brat7760 @ Aug 18 2012, 03:54 PM)
I would love to hear them play Available Light this time around! In my opinion The Garden is the best song on CA. Love the passion on both of those songs. Does anybody know if they ever played Light live? I have been to every tour since 2112, but my memory is not that good cool10.gif Wonder why?

Nope they skipped it during the Presto Tour and never played it Live! Why...beats me?

sad.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 18 2012, 05:19 PM)

Nope they skipped it during the Presto Tour and never played it Live! Why...beats me?

sad.gif

Thanks I did not think they did, so let's hope they do it this time around!!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 18 2012, 04:19 PM)

sad.gif

Because it would suck live, that's why.

Love the recording, but we don't need another crowd entusiasm dampener song.

QUOTE (brat7760 @ Aug 20 2012, 10:20 AM)

sad.gif

Somehow, I feel, just like Losing It, Tears and Different Strings, if it doesn't happen during this tour it will never happen. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 20 2012, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (brat7760 @ Aug 20 2012, 10:20 AM)

sad.gif

Somehow, I feel, just like Losing It, Tears and Different Strings, if it doesn't happen during this tour it will never happen. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

wink.gif

Tears? Hmm long shot. The others, like Losing It, is a shoe in (just like Jacobs Ladder last tour). How can it not be played when you have the real deal on stage with you? confused13.gif

Fingers crossed! trink39.gif

I love the song, I don't want to hear Geddy mock-yell "In the Available Light" like he has to mock-yell a lot of his older, higher pitch stuff. That isn't an issue for the Garden, which is guaranteed to be played live.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 20 2012, 12:06 PM)

sad.gif

Im with this one

QUOTE (RSRD @ Aug 20 2012, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 20 2012, 12:06 PM)

sad.gif

Im with this one

It all depends on what it follows! If it follows The Garden I think it would come across just fine.

yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I can definitely see "Available Light" happening - perhaps in tandem with "Different Strings", both of which feature piano and have never been performed live. I can even hear "DS" seguing right into "AL."

Maybe they just never thought these songs were worthwhile live before, but maybe now is the time. They left the amazing "Entre Nous" out of sets for nearly 30 years, and left the song "Presto" alone for 20 years, so you never know when something will eventually sound right to them.

And for the record, I think both "Available Light" and "Different Strings" evoke such strong emotion that they would move the audience even if they don't literally "move" them.

Available Light is an amazing song but feels thin on the Presto album.....as do all the songs IMO.

I think hearing it live filled out with strings, piano, a heavier drum kit, and an aged voice from Ged would make the show for me.

I'm all for hearing AVAILABLE LIGHT live, PRESTO is in my top 3 and AVAILABLE LIGHT is my fave!...but I think now we need to put it out of our collective heads. No way Geddy can get to that note anymore, he'd have to yell it, and it wouldnt be as melodic as it is in the recording.

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 24 2012, 01:21 PM)
Available Light is an amazing song but feels thin on the Presto album.....as do all the songs IMO.

I think hearing it live filled out with strings, piano, a heavier drum kit, and an aged voice from Ged would make the show for me.

Yeah on record it sounds PAPER thin.

But I worry about Ged's voice. I hope they set him up with many songs that won't make audience members cringe at the high notes

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Aug 24 2012, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 24 2012, 01:21 PM)

Yeah on record it sounds PAPER thin.

But I worry about Ged's voice. I hope they set him up with many songs that won't make audience members cringe at the high notes

Luckily, I think the high parts on Available Light are triggered recordings!

yes.gif