Houston Texans

The Owl

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 15 2012, 02:15 AM)
The Texans brought down to earth. The good news is there's no way they don't win the AFC South, so the play-offs are virtually guaranteed and the way the rest of the AFC is going a bye is looking very likely. The bad news is they'll likely lose badly like this in the post season.

Houston still has the knack for laying an egg in big games. They have a very solid team, yet sometimes, they simply don't show up on Sunday. The Packers had more focus and desire......and that usually makes the difference.

It was a lot to do with bad timing. Packers looked pissed, and played like they had something to prove. Houston is still a very solid FB and way too many experts started throwing out the "so who did they play" routine - calling them "paper tigers/" I think that's going overboard.

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 15 2012, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 15 2012, 03:15 AM)
The Texans brought down to earth. The good news is there's no way they don't win the AFC South, so the play-offs are virtually guaranteed and the way the rest of the AFC is going a bye is looking very likely. The bad news is they'll likely lose badly like this in the post season.

I don't agree about the postseason. Every great team has a bad throw away game. I think the Texans are a very dangerous team and last night doesn't change the fact.

The problem was Shaub could do nothing at all, Superbowl teams have a QB who is 99% unstoppable within his scheme, even when losing. All the Texans TDs came from running plays and special teams. On top of that the Packers who have been poor against the run and with players out were able to contain Foster and the run game very comfortably.

Watt did his thing and he's great but it made no difference to the result.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 15 2012, 02:02 PM)

Trade Greg Jennings and a draft pick to Houston for Watt? Yes?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 15 2012, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 15 2012, 02:02 PM)

Trade Greg Jennings and a draft pick to Houston for Watt? Yes?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think that Greg Jennings is one of the best receivers in the NFL...right there near the top.

Houston would have to be insane to take that deal.

DAMNIT! CBS here in Austin is broadcasting the Dallas/Cleveland game instead of the Texans!!!!

Sunday ticket will take care of that problem!

I f***ing HATE THE COWBOYS!!!!

Texans - Pat's SB

The NFC will probably be disappointed if they don't get to have the winner of their conference championship play in the Super Bowl.

Indeed.....Why am I scheduling vacation for early February and buying $5,000 worth of Packer goodies when I don't even get to watch them play that Sunday afternoon...??

I was pretty happy when we got a #2 for him.

Turns out that all he needed was a team that knew how to use him.