Best live crowd ever.

Cygnus 2112

Why would singing along to YYZ annoy anyone? The Brazilians were just having a blast and pouring their heart out for the band. Being married to a South American woman, I can tell you they are a very passionate bunch. I actually thought it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen

Rio aside, Irvine always has a very enthusiastic crowd. I can't figure out why Rush has skipped Irvine the last couple tours

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 10 2012, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 10 2012, 05:40 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 9 2012, 08:44 AM)
You suck as a person LIX. very arrogant to say such a thing on an international forum.

Really? Saying that someone you don't even know "sucks as a person" is pretty effing arrogant. Seriously? Because he disagrees with you about something he sucks as a person? This sort of personal attack isn't looked upon kindly here. Maybe you owe him - and all of us who can actually carry on a civil conversation - an apology.

Not that' I'll hold my breath. eyesre4.gif

HowItIs, you post is the one I wish to address, moreso than any other.

Well, what I do know about him? His interaction with me on the board, leads me to the conclusion, that yes, "he sucks as a person". Why on earth would I ever say that about another human being?

Lets start here. a thread is created on Random Samples about fake threads. I'm a person who creates, not just fake threads, but by the admission of the people on the board, elaborate fake threads. Why I do that is not the topic...let us forage through the dense jungle of reality.

On this thread about the fake stories, I make a comment about my threads responding to a post by Sheldon Cooper,

his states:

I agree (about fake threads he dislikes). They need to be well done, and somewhat rare.

and now my response comment

That's why reading mine are such a delight...they are funny, but mostly to people with a sense of humor.

Now here come's the LIX response:

Wow, I bet you are flexible enough to pleasure yourself too!

You have like 5 people tell you that your threads are funny. So obviously in your mind, you are doing this forum a favor by posting this inane garbage.

People that find your threads/posts to be absolutely stupid does not mean they do not have a good sense of humor. That is one hell of a logical fallacy.... "I'm a great cook, I like my food, my family likes my food. Everyone else that tries my food hates it - so they must not have any taste."

Brilliant you are. End statement

Now, How it is, would you find that out of line and inappropriate response? Aren't those "five" (which it's much more than that) people worthy of enjoying something they like? We share a common connection. This is a place the do such a thing.

So, now, in response LIX insult that I post this:

This coming from a man who has Homer Simpson chasing a doughnut for his avatar. Stick with bread recipes Dawg!!! End statement

Now, just for the sake of brevity, I combine the next two he makes:

And what has this to do with anything?

Again - complete debate fail. When you cannot talk about the topic at hand you try and slander the opposition. You failed on both fronts.

This might help you Einstein: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

See: Ad hominem... I believe it's Greek for dumbass.

So, HowitIs, do I owe him an apology for saying he sucks as a person? Hmmmm...gonna be waiting a long time for that one. He's shown me mostly disdain.

When I started posting on this board he left a comment on a thread that said, "oh, so you want to be known as that kind of poster?"

I gave him the courtesy of a PM stating my position...nothing offensive about that PM.

So I guess it just reached a boiling point when I read his comment about the brazilian audience. It touched a nerve because I honestly can't see why ANY rush fan would find that annoying. that act of joining the band in a song without words.

So anyway, say what you will--that is where I'm coming from.

TM

Oh and by the way

2.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 10 2012, 09:58 AM)
You suck as a person LIX. very arrogant to say such a thing on an international forum.

Really? Saying that someone you don't even know "sucks as a person" is pretty effing arrogant. Seriously? Because he disagrees with you about something he sucks as a person? This sort of personal attack isn't looked upon kindly here. Maybe you owe him - and all of us who can actually carry on a civil conversation - an apology.

Well, what I do know about him? His interaction with me on the board, leads me to the conclusion, that yes, "he sucks as a person". Why on earth would I ever say that about another human being?

Lets start here. a thread is created on Random Samples about fake threads. I'm a person who creates, not just fake threads, but by the admission of the people on the board, elaborate fake threads. Why I do that is not the topic...let us forage through the dense jungle of reality.

On this thread about the fake stories, I make a comment about my threads responding to a post by Sheldon Cooper,

his states:

I agree (about fake threads he dislikes). They need to be well done, and somewhat rare.

That's why reading mine are such a delight...they are funny, but mostly to people with a sense of humor.

You have like 5 people tell you that your threads are funny. So obviously in your mind, you are doing this forum a favor by posting this inane garbage.

People that find your threads/posts to be absolutely stupid does not mean they do not have a good sense of humor. That is one hell of a logical fallacy.... "I'm a great cook, I like my food, my family likes my food. Everyone else that tries my food hates it - so they must not have any taste."

Now, How it is, would you find that out of line and inappropriate response? Aren't those "five" (which it's much more than that) people worthy of enjoying something they like? We share a common connection. This is a place the do such a thing.

This coming from a man who has Homer Simpson chasing a doughnut for his avatar. Stick with bread recipes Dawg!!! End statement

Again - complete debate fail. When you cannot talk about the topic at hand you try and slander the opposition. You failed on both fronts.

So, HowitIs, do I owe him an apology for saying he sucks as a person? Hmmmm...gonna be waiting a long time for that one. He's shown me mostly disdain.

When I started posting on this board he left a comment on a thread that said, "oh, so you want to be known as that kind of poster?"

I gave him the courtesy of a PM stating my position...nothing offensive about that PM.

So I guess it just reached a boiling point when I read his comment about the brazilian audience. It touched a nerve because I honestly can't see why ANY rush fan would find that annoying. that act of joining the band in a song without words.

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 10 2012, 09:43 AM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 10 2012, 09:49 AM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

I apologize for letting it get out of hand. An immense workload, coaching football, sending a kid off to college all collided this week and I haven't been getting much sleep.

I honestly do apologize for what I said in that thread. The fact that you were clogging up the boards was remedied when the mods agreed with many of us and condensed them all into one.

Carry on, and trink39.gif to those that cherish your posts

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 10 2012, 10:09 AM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

I apologize for letting it get out of hand. An immense workload, coaching football, sending a kid off to college all collided this week and I haven't been getting much sleep.

I honestly do apologize for what I said in that thread. The fact that you were clogging up the boards was remedied when the mods agreed with many of us and condensed them all into one.

You know what I do when i'm really stressed out and just can't handle the pressure??? I read the Yukon Blade Grinder--it does a body good!!!

Mea Culpa--and I regret calling you a prick and all the other things I didn't write.

Now, as a we know, even though we do regret our actions after they happen, there's always a price to pay for that action...so here's the deal

Go break Aaron Rodgers kneecaps for me, I was not able to draft him this year...it'll help me out loads in fantasy football.

2.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 10 2012, 12:16 PM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

You know what I do when i'm really stressed out and just can't handle the pressure??? I read the Yukon Blade Grinder--it does a body good!!!

Mea Culpa--and I regret calling you a prick and all the other things I didn't write.

Now, as a we know, even though we do regret our actions after they happen, there's always a price to pay for that action...so here's the deal

Go break Aaron Rodgers kneecaps for me, I was not able to draft him this year...it'll help me out loads in fantasy football.

2.gif

trink39.gif

Get a room. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 10 2012, 12:50 PM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

Get a room. laugh.gif

Only if you join us...we've got ecletic tastes. Gag balls, Floor buffers, and for some reason LIX likes to use cheese, you know the kind that comes in a can and spreads easily.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 10 2012, 01:55 PM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

Get a room. laugh.gif

Only if you join us...we've got ecletic tastes. Gag balls, Floor buffers, and for some reason LIX likes to use cheese, you know the kind that comes in a can and spreads easily.

I prefer

user posted image

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 10 2012, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 10 2012, 01:55 PM)

his states:

TM

Very nicely done!

2.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

2.gif

trink39.gif

Get a room. laugh.gif

I prefer

user posted image

Yes that's it!!! But for some reason he still uses a spreader to make sure its even rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 9 2012, 08:09 AM)
Yes. But their "singing" along to YYZ was quite annoying to me.

Interesting observation...it annoyed you. Like most of your opinions, this one should have stayed in your head.

It was an obvious outpouring of love to a band that had NEVER been to their country. Instead of saying,"Wow, how incredible to witness such a sight. This wonderful country getting a treat they've never had before--this is how they give back". It is hospitality...of which you are sorely lacking i'm sure

I'm sure my brazilian friends will just be so overcome with joy that this sentiment got out! But hey, it's whats your heart. moon.gif

What's your problem? You're just randomly attacking LiX and you're saying that he sucks as a person? Grow the f#ck up! You're the one who comes across as a huge jerk(Troll) to most people in this forum! Most of the people here seem to get along great with LiX and this forum would truly be lacking if he were not here. I think most people on this board would agree that the opposite could be said of you!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 10 2012, 01:26 PM)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d3fbcpxv1r41unfo1_250.gif

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/59138-21381.gif

"That's right boy, it's not Cheez Whiz."

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 13 2012, 01:47 PM)
The best crowd was on 4/15/11 in Cleveland, Ohio. Geddy told us so. End of thread.

Oh, like he didn't have to say that there! Come on! I'm sure Geddy appreciates that region most of all, since they got their start there, But their best crowds ever was in RIO! That was just cawazie!

wacko.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 13 2012, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 13 2012, 01:47 PM)
The best crowd was on 4/15/11 in Cleveland, Ohio. Geddy told us so. End of thread.

Oh, like he didn't have to say that there! Come on! I'm sure Geddy appreciates that region most of all, since they got their start there, But their best crowds ever was in RIO! That was just cawazie!

wacko.gif

Hey, props to the Rio crowd. They were great. Amazing energy. But, I believe Geddy called it: Cleveland 2011. biggrin.gif