Best live crowd ever.

Cygnus 2112

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Amalgamation @ Aug 9 2012, 08:24 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 9 2012, 09:09 AM)
Yes. But their "singing" along to YYZ was quite annoying to me.

yes.gif

trink39.gif

Other than that, I absolutely loved Rush in Rio. I would love to have the opportunity to go to a show (any show, but preferably Rush) that had that kind of energy.

I have been to NFL/College football games that were like that, never a music concert.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 9 2012, 08:35 AM)
And don't take anything away from those of us who were at Cleveland for the Time Machine...

Compared to Rush in Rio? Come on, be honest smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 9 2012, 08:09 AM)

Interesting observation...it annoyed you. Like most of your opinions, this one should have stayed in your head.

It was an obvious outpouring of love to a band that had NEVER been to their country. Instead of saying,"Wow, how incredible to witness such a sight. This wonderful country getting a treat they've never had before--this is how they give back". It is hospitality...of which you are sorely lacking i'm sure

You suck as a person LIX. very arrogant to say such a thing on an international forum.

I'm sure my brazilian friends will just be so overcome with joy that this sentiment got out! But hey, it's whats your heart. moon.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 9 2012, 08:44 AM)

Interesting observation...it annoyed you. Like most of your opinions, this one should have stayed in your head.

It was an obvious outpouring of love to a band that had NEVER been to their country. Instead of saying,"Wow, how incredible to witness such a sight. This wonderful country getting a treat they've never had before--this is how they give back". It is hospitality...of which you are sorely lacking i'm sure

You suck as a person LIX. very arrogant to say such a thing on an international forum.

I'm sure my brazilian friends will just be so overcome with joy that this sentiment got out! But hey, it's whats your heart. moon.gif

LMAO - I assume you missed one poster that agreed with me, and my follow up post. Kinda your MO, isn't it.

You suck as a person LIX.

This may be one of the more ignorant things that you have ever posted, and that is saying something!! I don't even have to defend myself to you, why bother? People that have been here for the last 2 years know me well enough.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 9 2012, 08:48 AM)

LMAO - I assume you missed one poster that agreed with me, and my follow up post. Kinda your MO, isn't it.

You suck as a person LIX.

This may be one of the more ignorant things that you have ever posted, and that is saying something!! I don't even have to defend myself to you, why bother? People that have been here for the last 2 years know me well enough.

Haha, Xanadu is a good man. He's just stating an opinion.

I really liked the crowd singing along to YYZ. Iron Maiden's Rio DVD is wild too - 250,000 fans at that show though.

Let them sing loud!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 9 2012, 09:44 AM)

Funny, I thought that far more from your post than LIX's.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 9 2012, 09:44 AM)

Sucks as a person? laugh.gif WTF, where did that come from. He expressed an opinion, one that is perfectly valid, and because of that he sucks as a person? Also this is TRF not the f-cking UN, Im sure the price of oil won't be affected by the fact that he didnt like the group cheer at a concert years ago.

Im also sure your Brazilian friends may not support you making douchebag statements either - they probably would say "He's entitled to his opinion, but we enjoyed singing along to YYZ."

I'm reporting your post to the Secretary General of the UN, and also Starfleet, and the Empire. laugh.gif

That was pretty far off base and uncalled for.

LIX's comment had nothing to do with Brazil or its people. You could have put that post after a review of any concert, anywhere.

I have to admit, I don't know the lyrics to YYZ as well as I should so I don't sing along to it. cool.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 9 2012, 10:12 AM)

LIX's comment had nothing to do with Brazil or its people. You could have put that post after a review of any concert, anywhere.

I have to admit, I don't know the lyrics to YYZ as well as I should so I don't sing along to it. cool.gif

If you didnt suck as a person, you'd have drafted your own lyrics!

Toronto, oh your airport

Has such fine baked bread

As I hear the morse code YYZed

I salivate for a sandwich

Woooooooooooah

Wooooooooooooooaaaaaaah

I disagree with the post saying the singing to YTYZ was annoying, but the response was absolutely uncalled for. Just ridiculous.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 9 2012, 09:14 AM)

Toronto, oh your airport

Woooooooooooah

Wooooooooooooooaaaaaaah

Wow, I'll have to remember that for the next show. I usually just sing:

"Dash, dot, dash, dash... dash, dot, dash, dash... dash, dash, dot, dot." as loud as I can over and over again. Come to think of it, it does annoy the people around me.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 9 2012, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 9 2012, 09:14 AM)

Toronto, oh your airport

Woooooooooooah

Wooooooooooooooaaaaaaah

Wow, I'll have to remember that for the next show. I usually just sing:

"Dash, dot, dash, dash... dash, dot, dash, dash... dash, dash, dot, dot." as loud as I can over and over again. Come to think of it, it does annoy the people around me.

I do that but yell "beep" for the dashes and "burp" for the dots. smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 9 2012, 09:07 AM)
Im also sure your Brazilian friends may not support you making douchebag statements either - they probably would say "He's entitled to his opinion, but we enjoyed singing along to YYZ."

Yeah, i'm sure it's not "what an arrogant prick"

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 9 2012, 09:46 AM)

Rodrigo, you're in Brazil - care to comment? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 9 2012, 10:46 AM)

Funny, by inspection youre the biggest prick on this thread. All he did was say he found the singing annoying. Thats not being a prick. Attacking him for his viewpoint is being a prick. Just because he wont join you in the fallatio of the south american audience doesnt make him a prick. grow up.