Coming Soon

Ru5h F@n

Holy crap, it's going to be another great year of music for me. I just saw a bulletin on Myspace that Poison the Well have a new album coming out on April 3. They're the only "hardcore" band I've ever absolutely loved, and when they started getting more melodic they got even better. I'm very interested to see where they've gone now. Also, Rush is Ryan Primack's favorite band. I got a hand drawn flyer from them and it had stick figures of the band with which instrument they play written under them, but Ryan's just said "LOVES RUSH!"

http://www.myspace.com/poisonthewell

1022.gif

Apparently, RATM/Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello is going to release a solo album on April 24, under the psuedonym "The Nightwatchman." It's supposed to be all acoustic. This coming at the same time as rumors of an RATM reunion for Coachella...I'm down.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 21 2007, 02:52 PM)
Apparently, RATM/Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello is going to release a solo album on April 24, under the psuedonym "The Nightwatchman." It's supposed to be all acoustic. This coming at the same time as rumors of an RATM reunion for Coachella...I'm down.

I hope they reunite. Audioslave sucks and Zack needs to do something besides play bongo drums in a mariachi band or whatever the hell he was doing. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 21 2007, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 21 2007, 02:52 PM)

I hope they reunite. Audioslave sucks and Zack needs to do something besides play bongo drums in a mariachi band or whatever the hell he was doing. laugh.gif

I want to hear Zack's solo album...he and Trent Reznor supposedly completed 20 tracks, and then the entire project was shelved by the label for some reason.

But yeah, I'd be down for a Rage reunion.

El-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead is the big hip hop album I'm looking forward to this year. Trent Reznor and Cedric from The Mars Volta are on it. Fantastic Damage is one of my favorite hip hop albums so it'll be hard to top, but it's looking good.

Guest appearances will also come from Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta, James McNew of Yo La Tengo, Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio, Chan "Cat Power" Marshall, and former Chavez and Zwan guitarist Matt Sweeney.

Sounds even better!

March..... common001.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 19 2007, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 18 2007, 11:01 PM)
New Arcade Fire and Explosions in the Sky tuesday!  653.gif

The Arcade Fire album comes out March 6.

yeah i figured that out after i went to get it earlier this week, I complained for the wrong date being posted at my local music store. angry.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 22 2007, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 19 2007, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 18 2007, 11:01 PM)
New Arcade Fire and Explosions in the Sky tuesday!  653.gif

The Arcade Fire album comes out March 6.

yeah i figured that out after i went to get it earlier this week, I complained for the wrong date being posted at my local music store. angry.gif

We get to buy it tomorrow over in the UK biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 21 2007, 11:52 AM)
Apparently, RATM/Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello is going to release a solo album on April 24, under the psuedonym "The Nightwatchman." It's supposed to be all acoustic...

That rumor is indeed true. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's supposed to be composed mostly of political and anti-war themes.

Somewhere Else by Marillion is out 9 April, although word on the street is that it's already being sent out.

Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree is slated for a 23/24 April release date, I believe.

Good news fans. Looks like it's going to be a lucky and busy year for music. unsure.gif

New albums slated for 2008:

1. Garbage (the 5th and final album)

2. Shirley Manson Solo Album

3. Joe Satriani

4. The Fixx

5. Depeche Mode

6. Steve Stevens - Memory Crash (January)

7. Kenny G (February)