Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Yes - Going For The One

Yes - Tormato

Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

Van Halen - Fair Warning

Grabbed the classic U2 concert DVD Under a Blood Red Sky at Target. Now I remember: That band used to be great. Back in '83, the only U2 member in love with himself was Bono, and he was in love with himself because he was a young rock star, not because he thought he was the most brilliant and morally upstanding man in the world. Back in '83, The Edge was totally unpretentious and still put his blood and guts into playing lead guitar rather than just hitting a couple chords, hamming for the shared spotlight, and calling it good. Back in '83, U2 still used their rhythm section. God, they were good. What happened? Edited by Kudzu

QUOTE (vital signz @ Oct 12 2008, 09:18 AM)
I just completed my Live catalog. I have to say that as they have matured, their music has gotten more and more sterile. Their old stuff was full of fire. Loved their sound. Its all a bit more canned now......good not great.

I'd go further than that and say their new stuff is absolutely horrid. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I just remastered a show of theirs from 1998 and it's amazing how much more energy and passion they seemed to have back then as compared to now...

Tell Tale Signs - Bob Dylan. The latest installment in the Bootleg Series. Remarkable stuff. Seriously, it's Bob's planet and we're lucky he allows us to stay on it.

The Clash - Live At Shea Stadium. Quite brilliant, The Last Gang In Town at the peak of their powers.

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

King Crimson - Red

King Crimson - Lizard

I was looking for some King's X again too, but it looks like I'll have to get theirs on Amazon after all... eyesre4.gif

Alice in Chains - Dirt

Pearl Jam - Vs.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way

Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Nirvana - In Utero

All purchased for $36 total on Wednesday. Used music sales are nice biggrin.gif

Great idea Moonraker!

I like a mixture of music. I am just one of them versatile girls. wub.gif

I love David Bowie, actually the Beatles. DON'T laugh! Something about thier music, it just makes me feel free. Maybe it is the peace, love child from back in that era.

I just bought David Bowie's Space Oddity, released Nov. 4, 1969. I found it at a near by store. Pretty cool..

Looking forward to see what you get next month!

jillian

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans