Genesis - Foxtrot

King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Led Zeppelin - Presence

Van Halen - Women and Children First

Van Halen - Diver Down

The Who - Tommy

Yes - Yes

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 13 2008, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 10 2008, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:18 PM)
I can do without the album artwork

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

for $3 wink.gif

I don't mind paying more than that if I have a CD with Roger Dean artwork on the cover. smile.gif

Yes - Fragile (I completed the album, I already had We Have Heaven/South Side of the Sky)

Led Zeppelin - DVD

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 13 2008, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 13 2008, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 10 2008, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:18 PM)
I can do without the album artwork

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

for $3 wink.gif

I don't mind paying more than that if I have a CD with Roger Dean artwork on the cover. smile.gif

I don't mind either, I probably wouldn't have gotten around to ordering that album for a while. So I just downloaded it for 3 dollars.

Bought these yesterday:

ELO - Discovery

Asia - Aria

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jul 15 2008, 10:57 PM)
Queen - A Night at the Opera

I heard Bohemian Rhapsody all the way through for the first time today and had to have it smile.gif

Really? Today was the first time you heard that song in full? Goddamn, haha.

Well, A Night at the Opera is fantastic, so you made a wise choice there.

that must be such a great feeling to discover borhap for the first time ever. i can't even remember the first time for me.

sometimes i wish i could wipe entire discographies, albums, and songs from my memory and just be able to hear them for the first time all over again, cause there's nothing like hearing an album such as a night at the opera, or dark side of the moon, or close to the edge for the first time ever and being completely blown away.

Aphex Twin-Xylem Tube EP (Second press, made in Austria)

The Mars Volta-Tremuland EP (First press, limited to 2,000 copies)

I've also been boring myself with Coldplay's discography recently. I don't get what people see in this band.

Edited by The Rocinante

The only song I've heard in full by Coldplay is "Clocks", which I actually like quite a lot. But I hear so many mediocre things about the band, "they're a Radiohead clone", etc. I actually want to try a couple of albums to see for myself.

Coldplay have suffered from the same lazy media attention as Muse have, when in reality only Parachutes, as with Showbiz, has a hint of Radiohead in it and the other albums have little or nothing in common with Radiohead.

Viva La Vida really is a spectacular album, they really pulled their fingers out when recording it. The great thing is, the songs do have hints of previous albums, which is expected. The even better thing is if those songs were put on the albums they sound like, they'd make those albums immediately better.

Uriah Heep just released a new album - Wake the Sleeper - and it's absolutely amazing! Wow.

I couldn't find the CD anywhere locally so ordered it online and the only version Amazon could find was the import - is it possible this album has not been released in the U.S.? Kinda weird seeing Japanese liner notes...

The sound is reminiscent of early Uriah Heep but MUCH heavier; the music is really solid and hard hitting and visceral and intensely musical. The musicianship is a little loose and sloppy in places but that doesn't dampen the emotional impact of the music. Bernie Shaw has one of those voices that's an acquired taste, though (she says, to a bunch of Geddy Lee fans laugh.gif)

I think RushGoober put a link to some clips off this album in another thread. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has gotten this album and what your reactions and impressions are.

K