Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun

Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring

Burn'd:

Coldplay - Parachutes

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Like Bad News

Opeth - Morningrise

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 10 2005, 05:57 PM)
Burn'd:

SHAKESPEAREAN POST ALERT!

msn_sheep.png

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (2CD 30th Anniversary Edition)

Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been (2CD Limited Edition)

Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses

Green Day - Insomniac

Boston - Boston

The Rolling Stones - Some Girls

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

Weezer - Pinkerton

Spent a grand total of $54

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 22 2005, 01:22 PM)
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (2CD 30th Anniversary Edition)
Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been (2CD Limited Edition)
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses
Boston - Boston
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Weezer - Pinkerton

Spent a grand total of $54

Good purchases.

I just got a copy of NIN - With Teeth (with-tha teeth-tha >_>). It's legal, but I got it for free. Which is always cool.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 24 2005, 07:15 PM)
MD, is that your first NIN album? Because that wouldn't have been where I would have suggested to start.

Yeah, it's my first album. It's probably not where I would've started, either... but here's the story:

I was over at a friends house, and there was another guy hanging out there (that makes three >_>), and he had a copy of With Teeth, but didn't like it or something. So he offered to give it to my friend, and I said "I'll take it". My friend didn't want it either, so it ended up with me.

I do really like it, though I suppose the earlier stuff is even better. After reading a lot of his lyrics, I'd say I'm most interested in Pretty Hate Machine. But most people tell me to get The Downward Spiral first...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 25 2005, 10:41 AM)
MD, is that your first NIN album? Because that wouldn't have been where I would have suggested to start.

Yeah, it's my first album. It's probably not where I would've started, either... but here's the story:

I was over at a friends house, and there was another guy hanging out there (that makes three >_>), and he had a copy of With Teeth, but didn't like it or something. So he offered to give it to my friend, and I said "I'll take it". My friend didn't want it either, so it ended up with me.

I do really like it, though I suppose the earlier stuff is even better. After reading a lot of his lyrics, I'd say I'm most interested in Pretty Hate Machine. But most people tell me to get The Downward Spiral first...

To get the best idea of what NIN really is, Downward Spiral is really the way to start.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 25 2005, 09:41 AM)

As far as studio albums go, I'd agree with Moonie and say get The Downward Spiral first. Go ahead and get Pretty Hate Machine if you want, but let me warn you: The album sounds EXTREMELY dated and is very poorly produced. Which is a shame, because the songs are great. But I can barely stand to listen to it now. I have a set of demos from the album that absolutely put the finished versions to shame.

The Fragile is my favorite NIN album, but that's not the one to get into first...The Fragile takes about 10 spins before you can really get into it, but once you do it's his best album. It's also the kind of album that you can't just put on as background, it DEMANDS total, undivided attention...and it's also a double album, so to really listen to it, you have to kind of have two hours free.

BUT for an overview, I say go with the live album, "And All That Could Have Been."

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 27 2005, 02:07 AM)
Ladytron - Witching Hour
The Hold Steady - Seperation Sunday
Devandra Banhart - Cripple Crow

How is the Ladytron one. They have been playing them on soundcheck on the radio station I listen to a bit and I like the one song they do, "Destroy Everything You Touch", but havent heard too much more.

Just picked up Coheed and Cambria IV (Good Apollo), and it's MUCH better than I expected (and I expected really good). I'm really glad to hear all the progression from the last album (Silent Earth III). More complex guitar and bass work, added keyboards on a lot of tracks... and those INCREDIBLE vocals from Claudio, of course.

It also has a much more sinister feel... so it depresses me much more than the last album. But still, definitely a worthy buy...

Today I picked up a number of albums...

Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith And Devotion Live

Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger (2cd)

Metric - Live It Out

Roger Waters - Ca Ira

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

Debussy - Orchestral Works (La Mer, En Bateau, etc. - Boston Symphony Orchestra)

Vivaldi - The Four Seasons (New York Philharmonic, Leonard Bernstein)